Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 30766 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Changes to come.
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2006, 02:09:17 PM »
Some of us actually did this swapping our favoured country to go help knits because most of the time they are badly outnumbered.

It will just force some more stubborn folk to balance the teams.  Which can only be a good thing.  (Maybe these changes would never have happened in the first place if people would have sorted the numbers out themselves)

Seems the only way to curb out hordes in the new restricted 120 player arenas.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2006, 02:09:39 PM »
Major Biggles may I ask you 2 questions ?  Are you in a squad and if so how many in it ?

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Changes to come.
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
Biggles is God :aok

that's the second bloody time you've revealed my true identity!!! :D

good to see you back, we need to do some TA duels sometime mate :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2006, 02:11:13 PM »
Lynx biggles aka pooface   is part of the 71st squad i believe.  The ones that dont care for bases  just good fights  etc etc .....
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
it's easier to debate a topic if people are understanding and sensible than if it's an all out word war, where nothing gets done. if you don't like it, don't complain and threathen HTC with leaving etc, but suggest another way of doing it ;)

i always suggest, as  you suggest, but no one listens.....

some whiners (known) have separate AH in furballers and toolsheders .

They cant catch the fact that in a well designed war everyone has a place
and everyone from gvs to bombers can be a member of the food chain where in the top lies the great vulchers. (furballers).

Gvs rush, other gvs and jabos goes for them,fighters go for jabos, other fighters
go to protect jabos, bombers go to kill fighter factories (spit, lala especialy), and the spit me109s ponys lightings and jugs at last go high very high to protect their lovely factory. Aces High.
 from low ( Eastern Frond ) until High (European theater) we have many choises for every kind of war you like.

(now, we have only low alt war, Eastern Front).

As is now, bombers have no interesting to go high.

But imagine what will hapen if they go to kill the supposed spit factory.:)

(deep inside enmy territory hidden in the big cities, who now are dead bodies
doing nothing, under hvy ack and nmy fighters )

Dweebs High :) and every one will have the war he like, on the same place of
the map,just in different alts. WAr at his Best (simulated).

( we need also mobile artillery  (you kill it with jabos or loose your fields) and also the others kill your jabos) (lots of differend targets)

interests create wars in reality, interests drive the great wars here.

Without interests, every one does his own and they all stay separate from each other and whining that my war is better than yours.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Changes to come.
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2006, 02:13:42 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Major Biggles may I ask you 2 questions ?  Are you in a squad and if so how many in it ?

71 squadron ;)

about 50 members total but we're from all over the place, and not all active, so a good turnout is 15 online at the same time. we don't do squadnights, so we don't have big numbers each night or so, but hey, plenty of guys, and we move to help each other out and fly together, and we have a good time while doing it :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Changes to come.
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2006, 02:15:26 PM »
Originally posted by Bruv119
Lynx biggles aka pooface   is part of the 71st squad i believe.  The ones that dont care for bases  just good fights  etc etc .....

we'll do a good base raid, or fun buff mission every now and then for some fun, but mainly, we're fighter guys yes :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »
If you don't like changes to AH then perhaps a boxed sim is a better choice.  That said, I do think this could adversly affect squads.  Squads will now have to change their outdated loyalties to a country.

Squad action/missions is what separates AH from most other sims.  Perhaps a AH could throw a bone to the squads by allowing them to reserve a number of slots in an arena.  

For instance 12 squad members show up for their squad night.  We meet in the lobby, sign up as a squad (kinda like a mission), then request 12 slots for whichever country AH needs to play balance.  There could be a limit to the number reserved to avoid a major unbalance and only registered squads would be allowed to reserve slots.

This would help keep the arenas balanced and promote a players allegience to his squad rather than a country.  As posted above, most squads enjoy a good fight and don't mind working for the underdog in the arena.  This would promote helping the underdog and I could see squads gaining much more allure to new players since they become more important.

Just an idea.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline ZZ3

• Zinc Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2006, 02:20:06 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
what's so bad about changing country though? i know it's nice to fly with squaddies, but remember that this system will only kick in once one side starts getting big numbers. in that case, why don't you pm your squaddies and ask them to move with you? :)

i know you don't want to have to do stuff just to fly with friends, but the arenas do need to be balanced, otherwise it gets unfair for the 2 countries getting ganged. so it's for the greater good really, and that's what HT is aiming for, balanced fun gameplay.

just give it a go first off. remember that this won't be on all the time, only when your side has a huge number advantage ;)

Sir I respect your point. I simply dont see the need to make the game play artificially balanced.
Imbalance is a part of warfare. Imbalance in this game has effected all countries at some point.
I am simply against the idea of being forced into a situation, of that I mean switching sides, or being forced to wait because I dont want to switch countries. It does'nt make me right, wrong, or unwilling to switch. It is simply a choice which I want to make for my self. If I see fit to do it.
Whats wrong with that?

Thank you,
ZZ3
479th Raiders

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2006, 02:20:33 PM »
Bless you HiTech!  

I have to admit, the last few weeks have been frustrating b/c the core issue seems to have been #'s and arena switching for the best odds.

Looking forward to this :)

Offline Bode

• Zinc Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2006, 02:20:38 PM »
Rivalry is a part of Human Nature, This Harmonous Community thing HTC is talking about will never occur,Only when all of us old members that remember the days of the MA leave and new people arrive. Peolpe like to dislike other people for what ever reason, It fires the coal in the belly of our souls. I have flown on all 3 countrys, made friends , made enemies. The only thing that has stayed stable is my squad, Now the HTC crew wants to take that from us split us up, this will not be recieved favorably. I don't want nor will I  enjoy fighting against my squad mates. There will be no purpose to the arenas, Up fly 15 miles get shot down repeat, People will only want to be on the side that is winning, That has been proved time and time again in the most recent of HTC updates. I do consider the fact that I might be wrong and that HTC has a crystall ball that tells them the furture of their ideas. Only time will tell, But on thing I'm sure of is that being in a squad is going to be useless, unless you wait for God knows how many minutes or hours to fly with your buddys. Peolpe enjoy belonging to something that will never change.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »
interesting point zz3.

I'm sure the Brit/american pilots in 1944 said "oh chit" we better swap sides this is just darned unfair for poor old jerry.

I like seeing 80 bish 50 knits 50 rooks  it means some Bish are gonna get killed    :)

striving for an AH utopia where alls fair in love and war is impossible???
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Changes to come.
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2006, 02:24:02 PM »
I suppose even the 1st concept of country caps may work ok, but it would depend a lot on this "preset value" where the prohibiting system kicks in.

Before the value is known, all this is pure speculation.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline ZZ3

• Zinc Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by edge12674
If you don't like changes to AH then perhaps a boxed sim is a better choice.  That said, I do think this could adversly affect squads.  Squads will now have to change their outdated loyalties to a country.

Thats the take it or leave it metality that I so despise in this community.
Heaven forbid you disagree with something.

ZZ3
479th Raiders

Offline bizz

• Copper Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2006, 02:34:46 PM »
To fix the problem of squads not being able to fly together. Could it possible for HT to add a permission for the squad leaders to switch the whole squad to a different country???? That way when members log on they would automaticly be switched to the country their squad is flying with.

Or another possible fix would be to make the lone wolfs that don't fly with a squadron switch sides first.
Bizz
334th Fighter Squadron "The Eagles"