Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 30628 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #780 on: December 15, 2006, 03:38:28 PM »
New players are already put into the country with lowest numbers. All this does for the imbalance is make sure all of the seal pups are grouped together on the outnumbered side.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #781 on: December 15, 2006, 07:33:19 PM »
Originally posted by twitchy
Why not simply send the two weekers to the lowest side when they log in?
Fixes the Balance Problem, doesn't piss off your paying customers, offers some incentive to actually subscribe, and it doesn't make us beta test all the many methods of forcing balance.

More benefit to the overwhelmed countries to send the larger squads over along with the High kills per death and Kills per time crowd.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Pieper

• Zinc Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #782 on: December 16, 2006, 02:58:36 AM »
OKAY     WAIT A MINUTE hItECH.......

Been away from forum for a while so not sure if anyone asked...

To win you must own 90% of your own fields and 33% of each other countrys fields.

WTF happens when 2 countrys donot fight eachother and take all of 1 countrys fields?

Just currious Because I'm watching it happen RIGHT NOW

They own more than 33% of our fields and none of eachothers......so what will happen? We just get wiped out?
See Rule #14

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Changes to come.
« Reply #783 on: December 16, 2006, 03:03:07 AM »
Originally posted by Pieper
OKAY     WAIT A MINUTE hItECH.......

Been away from forum for a while so not sure if anyone asked...

To win you must own 90% of your own fields and 33% of each other countrys fields.

Thatīs exactly the reason why HT has made some fields in each country uncapturable: To prevent one copuntry being wiped out from the map without a reset.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #784 on: December 16, 2006, 03:07:21 AM »
sigh.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #785 on: December 16, 2006, 08:16:48 AM »
if it's not 90%-33%-33% or better there will be no reset.

i think:confused:

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #786 on: December 16, 2006, 10:30:39 AM »
I like the idea of keeping each side balanced.  It's a BIG + when the ENY is high and you can't fly the plane you want.

What happens if it is a squad night and not all of your squad can be together?
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Changes to come.
« Reply #787 on: December 16, 2006, 10:38:37 AM »
Originally posted by RATTFINK
I like the idea of keeping each side balanced.  It's a BIG + when the ENY is high and you can't fly the plane you want.

On the other hand, I really like it when my side is outnumbered by a considerable margin. Cheap perk planes, lots of targets and a nice perk point modifier! :)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #788 on: December 16, 2006, 10:58:05 AM »
HT I agree informing about changes is just pointless if it is in the form "Hey guys this is what we are gonna do". It will as you say just prolong the whining.

Better thing to do is to manipulate the community into thinking they decided what gets done. Make them think they came up with the ideas that get implemented. They feel informed, listened to and part of the games progress. It is a nice illusion that strenghtens the ties between the supplier and the customer.

Tex

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #789 on: December 16, 2006, 03:11:46 PM »
^ :lol I think we have a winning idea.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #790 on: December 16, 2006, 03:18:26 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
^ :lol I think we have a winning idea.

Yeah he's good at digging up stuff like that.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #791 on: December 16, 2006, 03:36:04 PM »
IMO I dont like the large icons for capturable bases, its too hard on the eyes. I would rather see the small icons back for all bases and all bases capturable.  Only being able to capture  one base in a select number isnt that fun. Some of the fun our squad had was to sneak bases, but with these changes into effect it makes it difficult to enjoy the game
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Changes to come.
« Reply #792 on: December 16, 2006, 03:52:21 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
IMO I dont like the large icons for capturable bases, its too hard on the eyes. I would rather see the small icons back for all bases and all bases capturable.  Only being able to capture  one base in a select number isnt that fun. Some of the fun our squad had was to sneak bases, but with these changes into effect it makes it difficult to enjoy the game

Hmm did you actually play with the new settings? Almost all bases are capturable now anytime. I have seen lots of sneak attacks. If the current 3 uncapturable bases were capturable, one country could get wiped out  days before a reset.

edited some grammar
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 04:43:54 PM by Lusche »

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Changes to come.
« Reply #793 on: December 16, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Hmm did you actually play with the new settings?  

I was going to say that, I think it is obvious from a number of the protests that are complaining about things that are no longer there or never were.

But then as I thought about it more I was struck by the idea that the game is more enjoyable when you attack things that are not defended by human opponents. Or to quote more accurately...not enjoyable without being able to capture undefended bases.

I am having serious trouble understanding how that fits into MMOL gaming at all, at least from the standpoint of not being able to have fun if the enemy fights back. Not that it's not fun from time to time to do such, that is NOT what I am saying, but as a basis for finding the game fun or not...
:huh

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #794 on: December 16, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »
Good grief. "Uncapturable" bases. Even the word sounds silly.

No place for sneak attacks or flanking manuevers. As if this were a WAR game   :rolleyes: