Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 30630 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #795 on: December 16, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Hmm did you actually play with the new settings? Almost all bases are capturable now anytime. I have seen lots of sneak attacks. If the current 3 uncapturable bases were capturable, one country could get wiped out  days before a reset.

edited some grammar

I was in there this afternoon, it still is a step backward. Should of just left it as 4 arenas before all of the new capturing/changing how the war is won  nonsense started
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline dixonaw

• Zinc Member
      • http://None
Changes to come.
« Reply #796 on: December 16, 2006, 05:42:40 PM »
Since this is page 16, and my eyes fogged over at about page 7 of this thread, I doubt that anyone will read this BUT:
I really enjoy this game and have since AW shut down. I will therefore stay with it and see what the eventual outcome is.
I must say though, that a number of my squadies (friends) have left, and I really miss them.
I really don't care if I'm in a horde, or being horded, as long as my wingers are with me, in fact there is more satisfaction in fighting off a horde than the other way. I kind of like being one of "the few", as long as I have "the few" with me.
I started AW as a lone wolf but didn't really get into the game until I was asked to join the Nightmares, and I doubt if I could ever go back to the lonewolf style of play
Matelot

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #797 on: December 17, 2006, 12:17:32 AM »
Originally posted by viper215
(Image removed from quote.)

She gives me a red rocket :D
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #798 on: December 17, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »
good for you hijack.  can we get back on topic now?

:huh
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #799 on: December 17, 2006, 12:38:21 AM »
Originally posted by JB88
good for you hijack.  can we get back on topic now?

:huh

yes please, we haven't covered this subject enough.

besides that, I find that once I take off, the game is the same as it has always been. I fly around get shot at and shoot at people then I bomb stuff. I talk to people on the radio and have an overall good time usually. I am not in charge of what changes are made so I'll just roll with it and if I can't stand what's going at some point(which hasn't happened yet) I'll quit. Oh and RATT, stop posting pictures of my girlfriends cute friend.
Lagger

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #800 on: December 17, 2006, 12:55:25 AM »
oh.  you are new here.

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #801 on: December 17, 2006, 01:07:09 AM »
Originally posted by JB88
oh.  you are new here.

sarcasm taken as intended...yeah actually about 6 months, I flew the old MA for about two of those and I would be lying if I said I like it better now, but like I said....I'm not in charge so I'll deal with it. I like the fact that people care enough to voice there opinions about the changes, it's our right and is important to have a voice in it all(alot of games don't have that). I pay my subscription because I have fun....changes or not, once I'm in the air it's the same to me.
Lagger

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #802 on: December 17, 2006, 01:37:21 AM »
I think what we need is another smiley that jumps up and down, changes colour from pink to orange to blue and finally to red, rolls around...stomps it feet and hands and then stops, starts all over.  We will call it whiney smiley :D
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #803 on: December 17, 2006, 01:45:12 AM »
on it.  

:cool:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #804 on: December 17, 2006, 02:09:02 AM »
seems to be tweaked nice.. us knights had LWO within 1 base of reset back about 4-5pst.. not so much now.  

I dunno, I have no real opinion, I'm noob, and want to get my first base capture with a C47..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Changes to come.
« Reply #805 on: December 17, 2006, 03:56:00 AM »
I like the new reset criteria..................I have played on both sides  (with the greater numbered side and with the lesser numbered side) and was able to find fights and take part in constrructive defensive and offensive actions.

Pity the clipboard advice is confused but I am sure that will shortly be fixed. (infact it is also confusing as to whether ,or which type of, side balancing system is in use)

IMO with this system side inbalance is just not that important...............sure the side with fewer numbers is going to lose ground, but local game play is not so adversely effected. Conflict is balanced to stop two sides rolling up the third in a race to reset.

I think who ever thought of this deserves a prize.

I would go so far as to suggest that as side inbalance may be less critical now then forced (restricted access) balancing could  be dispenced with.

However I still like the idea of "Mercenary Pawns" volunteering to be switched countires auotmatically (for reward). It sort of adds a dimension of fun and contributes to solving the problem.
Ludere Vincere

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Changes to come.
« Reply #806 on: December 17, 2006, 04:04:28 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
I could be wrong, but this reset system would seem to guarantee a complete end to resets.  

Any rational player that sees one country is close to half the map will fight against that country.  Because of the balancing system, even if the large country has numerical superiority, the size of that superiority will be insufficient to fend off two countries.

Thus the other two sides will quickly regain ground as either there will be close to a 2-1 superiority on both fronts, or deadlock on one front while the other country rolls against only token opposition.

In other words, does this reset system make the balancing system unnecessary (as the large side is virtually guaranteed to be ganged)?

No, no, wait, I said "rational player".  That may be the flaw in my logic . . . :D

Still, seems the systems in conjunction will make resets impossible.  That isn't necessarily a bad thing so long as there is an ebb and flow across the territories rather than a stagnant one.  "Movement" and/or "momentum" are what helps keep it interesting for the "landgrabbers".  And for a minority of those, taking resets away is going to bum them out.
OK, guess I was wrong . . . we just got a reset, and the numbers in the arena were fairly even right before: 58 Bish, 52 Rook, 47 Knight.

Big to everyone involved at the time, regardless of country.:aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline herrhav0k

• Zinc Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #807 on: December 17, 2006, 10:45:53 AM »
So there are multiple arenas now? What are the player numbers like and how many different arenas are there now? :huh

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Changes to come.
« Reply #808 on: December 17, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
OK, guess I was wrong . . . we just got a reset.

Cool, came within what, about two days? Reminds me of all the prophets of doom-and-despair who've claimed an end to the reset a hundred times before when a change to the system was introduced. You think by now they'd stop.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #809 on: December 17, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »
First reset I saw was Friday night. I was still trying to sort out the base percentages, and figure out which countries fields we needed to take, but we got the right one despite my best efforts.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech