Author Topic: Frame Rate HELP!!!!!!!!Please  (Read 413 times)

Offline BDBAL

• Zinc Member
Frame Rate HELP!!!!!!!!Please
« on: November 21, 2001, 03:37:00 PM »
Been getting better and having a ball yet my frame rate is low. I have a Dell Optiplex GX10 with a pentium III and 127 MB of Ram, 56% of which is unused. I have a DSL hook up also, yet my frame rates are as follows...In the tower 6; flying through clouds 7-8; flying through burning base with AA and mass havoc 7-8 (veryyyyyyy choppy view). Up in blue sky 1 vs 1 , it will be about 10 with a high of 16. As you have surmissed all my kills are in the sunshine. BTW does the game register hits and kills based on frame rate?

I have been told that adding more RAM will speed up the refresh rate. Is this true, and how much more RAM do i need? Another player in the area has a cable modem and his frame rate is in the 30's. Whats up with that! DSL should be comparable on the download end.

When I check my connection in the game there is virtually a straight line on variance and delay.

Would downloading the game again help? Or should I pack the machine with RAM. I enjoy this game a lot, it crushes AW in its scope and detail. Please post any proven? ideas to increase frame rate. I really want to BnZ a burning, exploding base, and see it clearly (and maybe hit something).

Thanks!
BDBAL

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
Does your optiplex have the 8M integrated video chip or the optional AGP video card?

If you video circuitry is integrated that would be your problem.  You will need to disable it and purchase an AGP card such as the GeForce2 (which are pretty damn cheap now).

F.

Offline Chibo20

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2001, 07:14:00 PM »
I've been gettin the same problem with the frame rates....I mean i use to get 60-70
now im lucky to get over 20....I remember when it first started. It was when I first downloaded Patch4 After that my frame rates went to hell.......With patch 5 some nights they are good but most nights my rates are bad.....I have 64megs of RAM a Voodoo4 5000 PCI (i don't have a agp slot) Im runnin DSL, 700Mhz celeron processor.....this is really getting ridiculous .

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2001, 02:03:00 PM »
Press Control-C while in the game to disable the fancy sparkly ground textures.  Those slaughter my framerate.  Also make sure you are not using FSAA unless you are running a V5 5500.