Author Topic: Best (Main) player in the game  (Read 7968 times)

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
Best (Main) player in the game
« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2006, 12:05:04 AM »
if i remember correctly airvent who has had a lot of other names is who taught me most by spending countless hours in the TA practicing dogfighting. he owned me so many times it wasnt funny but no matter how many times he beat me he would always compliment how good i was and that would want me to keep fighting him until slowly i started to get better and better until it was no longer an easy win for him and i would have my days where i completely owned him and that made all those hours worth it.

I would like to thank airvent who i think also went by the name baitbug for all the help he gave me.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2006, 01:19:54 AM »
A thread that was made fun of has turned into something interesting.

It brings a smile to hear some say that lone wolfs (furballers/some bbs members) are not willing to train or spend time with new members.  I would like to thank shane who spent hours emailing and dueling me in the MA.  Do not let the entertainment from 200 fool you into judging someone.  I can remember one day dueling shane and akak back to back in the ma.  They would allow me to merge over and over again without shooting me down.  

Thanks for the help.  You'll be surprised on who's willing to help and my suggestion would be.  Just ask.

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2006, 04:11:24 AM »
Originally posted by UdieNow
:O
I know who, I know who....

what I win??

:rofl :rofl

you have won a fluffly pink spitfire :aok
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: December 15, 2006, 06:42:03 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
My influences/trainors:

Sniper- first trainor
airvent- ultimate teacher and dueling partner
Nomak taught me how to fly fluid
ManeTMP   reversals
Stang - taught me to fly american
Creton, Dedalos, and many others were always there and up for the duel and without them I wouldn't have learned what little I know now.
Balsy in f4u's
Wadke
XJ was first ever duel(totally pwned me)
NathBDP ( was first ever to call me a bnz dweeb) it hit home and I immediately stopped playing for rank not to mention he took me to DA and stomped me
wetrat 109 trainor
JB11 taught me 109 torque
Birdo lol  was first to tell me to turn off stall limiter!
616766 taught me to be aggressive in the fight
KOOL taught me much about E management
Shane who took time to help me
BatfinkV and some of his friends for the duels
I might add this in, Creton was Spook the first time I got mic and invited me to join him in shooting down a town in a panzer on the pizza map!  He then invited me into the 327th which I stayed with for 2 years.  We have always dueled and been arch rivals of sorts, many times blood was bad between us, but I will tell you now, if your a new stik and you want to get to the top, he can tell you how!  Lots of practice, always fight the best and learn, and keep a good attitude about allof it,  it's just a game at the end of the day!

PS  I know I have left out many who helped me over the years and I will say thank you to all of these on the list and others that I forgot about!  I much appreciated the help! <>
Mark

:aok
had to add a couple of names!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline UdieNow

• Nickel Member
      • The Few Website
« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2006, 10:31:17 AM »
Originally posted by The Fury
:rofl :rofl

you have won a fluffly pink spitfire :aok

Sweet..but wont Kaz miss his plane??:p
Flying as: Timber43

Proud member of " The Few "
Geif N00k Plx!

Geif N00k Plx!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2006, 11:07:49 AM »
Originally posted by The Fury
Look at The Few squad you`ll figure it out.

OK I did and I still have no idea who're talking about. *shrug*

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »
I have to agree with AKAK.  I see only one player that's even decent, and that's Kazaa!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2006, 11:51:13 AM »
fury looks up to bruv and kaz i guess. kaz is pretty good, and bruv is reasonable, but they both land loads of picks in the MA in tempests. i guess fury thinks that makes them the best...

don't get me wrong, kaz is great, we used to train a lot together, and bruv has been flying sims for a while now, and is also pretty good 1 on 1, but landing loads of kills in an uber plane in the MA means nothing but how you fly, not how good you are at it.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2006, 11:53:27 AM »
When i first started back in the day "thinks its been 3 years" i really didn't get much help. Not because i was asking people and they said no, because i felt that i would like to learn the game the hard way.

I think watching films of others helped me out the most. Trying to copy Levi reversal move and learning the ends and outs of most planes. Shawk helped me by winging and trying to keep me out of trouble.

I did get my first tutor with sniper in the da. Sniper spent hours with me in the da in a spit 5's but tell you the truth i really can only handle the da for a couple of runs.

To bad the FFA da is over because that was were you could spend the least amount of time and be in a constant dogfight 24/7. You can find that in h2h btw, but finding good sticks is hard.

Met some really good friends while playing this game and hope to meet some more. I find myself being more of a loner with no wingie but i just think its my flying style.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2006, 11:57:25 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
be true to yourself and others around you and you are 'the best' already.

hippy! :mad:

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2006, 12:00:32 PM »
Creton i remeber that yak fight i had with you. I dont have film of it but its one of those fight i can reply in my head and dont need film.