Author Topic: Raid on Polesti  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2006, 11:32:30 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
[/B]

Translated to read:

I am still a pathetic tool who runs the risk of a psychotic break if I do not get any attention.  I like to pretend I am some great stick who flies cartoon airplanes and I loudly thump my chest any chance I get and claim to be "teh ghey teacher".   When misguided people ask for my help, I back out of a firm commitment because I realise I do not want the people I so crave attention from to see that I am in danger of yet another psychotic episode.

I am nomak, greatest anklehumper of all times.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2006, 10:20:31 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Guppy, in the first post I said "if I recall" and since have said I was wrong about that.

They're harping about 3-4k and we've moved past that. My point, always was and still is, that 30 feet is absurd.

Sorry guys krusty is Right  3rd wave of bombers came in 8k to 10k on first mission in. Have completed debriefing of mission from Wright patterson Air base. The USAF museum has a wall telling of entire plan and results. BTW museum was amazing over 300 photo's taken. i'll post later just got home today.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2006, 11:39:16 AM »
Originally posted by rod367th
Sorry guys krusty is Right  3rd wave of bombers came in 8k to 10k on first mission in. Have completed debriefing of mission from Wright patterson Air base. The USAF museum has a wall telling of entire plan and results. BTW museum was amazing over 300 photo's taken. i'll post later just got home today.

The issue was whether any of the bombers were flying at 30 feet as the original poster stated.  The answer was yes.  The lead bomber, "Brewery Wagon" lead the run in at 20 feet and was shot down.

The bombers had to cross a mountain range on the way to the target that was 11K, but the run in was on the deck
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 11:44:00 AM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
The issue was whether any of the bombers were flying at 30 feet as the original poster stated.  The answer was yes.  The lead bomber, "Brewery Wagon" lead the run in at 20 feet and was shot down.

The bombers had to cross a mountain range on the way to the target that was 11K, but the run in was on the deck

1 wave on deck  1 wave 1k    1 8 to 10k

impossible for anyone to know for sure lead bombers alt no one on board survived moot point

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2006, 05:10:20 PM »

impossible for anyone to know for sure lead bombers alt no one on board survived moot point

Look at the debrief again, read the orders, and realise that many a/c came home with ground debris stuck in their aircraft from hedge hopping and noe flying so low, that eye witnesses reported pulling up to avoid fences and personnel in fields.  Krusty said nothing was below 3 - 4k and trees were 150 feet high.  Hell even claims to have a two year old 80' tall evergreen.  :rolleyes:

Krusty was not right, not by a long shot.  He is factless and a liar.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2006, 06:18:53 PM »
what exactly are you bodhi?

all i know is that for one person to be so negative and selfish spirited is hardly something a community needs more than a person who may cause history to be looked at again in a debate about ww2 aviation on a combat flight sim message board.

what is your purpose here? far as i can see all you do is find something or someone to gangbang. usually when the horse is already long dead.

merry christmas
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2006, 06:30:09 PM »

Some of Brewery Wagon's crew, including the pilot survived, so it isn't guess work.

Gotta check it again.  All were low level.  All five bomb groups practiced and bombed from low level

Liberandos lead by Brewery Wagon were the first wave.  "The Liberators got as low as 20 feet"

Traveling Circus were second wave  "The Circus closed up, 50 feet from the ground"

Pyramiders were third wave-All references are low level.  One plane got too high at 1300 feet and was shot down.

Eight Balls were 4th  "Buzzin Bear roared away from her bombs at 75 feet"

Sky Scorpions were 5th.  All low level again.  They had some ball turret equipped 24s and used them in the lead to chew up ground guns.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

storch

Raid on Polesti
« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

all i know is that for one person to be so negative and selfish spirited is hardly something a community needs more than a person who may cause history to be looked at again in a debate about ww2 aviation on a combat flight sim message board.

what is your purpose here? far as i can see all you do is find something or someone to gangbang. usually when the horse is already long dead.

merry christmas
hey now!!! lighten up on my best BBS amway products purchaser, unless you want to step up to the plate and order some toothpaste or something!!  merry christmas batty.  :D

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »

merry christmas

Bat, as you know, I am not supposed to slam you on your random idiotic babblings, Skuzzy does not think it is good sport picking on the metally unstable.   But, seeings that you, of all people, want to start something, lets put it this way.  Krusty is a liar, and braggard.  I hate both.  I aim to point out each and every time he makes false statements.  I did not start slinging the poo until he did, but I can and will finish it so he does not have a chance to divert attention from his false statements.

Now, for a compliment to you.  You are not a liar, so far as I can discern, and your behavior has changed somewhat for the better.  You still are quite deranged at times, and judging by your not too distant past on here, (keep in mind banned names Mechanic, and the previous numerals of your name) I suspect you lack more than a few important synapses to qualify as mentally sane.  To say different would be to say that you were not frothing at the mouth every chance you could slam a BK thread or individual BK.  Remember your long rant to Jaxxo on vox???

Either way, you need not start hanging defending the village idiot named Krusty, lest we start to confuse the two of you.

oh, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2006, 09:41:11 PM »
I see Christmas has been declared over.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2006, 09:52:42 PM »
lol is that all you got? im wasting my time.  i dont argue on the internet with people who can write sentances proper and use punctuation.

krusty is not an idiot, hes not a liar, hes just evidently wrong about most things polesti.  

christmas sure aint over for this mentaly deranged party goer, cheers down the hatch bottoms up all good night.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #161 on: December 25, 2006, 10:28:29 PM »
 i dont argue on the internet with people who can write sentances proper and use punctuation.

um... :lol

Bat, krusty may be a good guy in RL, and he may be your squaddie, but he's got a tendency to make things up. Shall we go back to the 350mph buffs that outrun all fighters? The bombers that he put 200+ rounds of 20mm into each without damage? I won't even bother rehashing his comments on ploesti. The guy makes **** up, period. If someone wants to label him a liar for that, that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Oh, and merry christmas to you as well. ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2006, 10:36:42 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
. . . If someone wants to label him a liar for that, that seems pretty reasonable to me . . .
A bit harsh IMO.  

"Liar" implies he knows what he is talking about in the first place, and then utters an untruth anyway.  

I think a more accurate description would be "occasionally speaks from ignorance coupled by an inability to admit he is wrong despite sound and copious evidence."  

But, I admit, that is awfully wordy.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
Re: Raid on Polesti
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2006, 11:22:11 PM »
Originally posted by VVV
B-24's flying 30 to 40 feet off the ground

Fly in the MA. Drop-and-bail kids do that all the time ;)

Personally, I think it would be interesting, but the ack would have to be trippled I think.