Author Topic: A humble question...  (Read 1157 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
A humble question...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 08:53:45 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
It's organized chaos.

Zuum, kindly list for us other games involving teams where everyone shares a common objective (or set of objectives, if you will), and everything is setup exactly the same for all teams, with the exception of one team having 2 to 3 times as many players as the other.

there arent hubs because the other online games with "teams" use AI to balance the sides...they seem to recognize that people like to have fun with people they have formed relationships with and recognize that that can cause inequalities..so they deal with it in a manner that allows both.

noone wants to go to a different bar everynight alone and make new friends...they want to go....

"where everybody knows your name!!!...and their always glad you came!!!....."   - Mayday Malone
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
A humble question...
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 09:01:07 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Well, see the problem is that HT left it up to the community to address the matter of the number unbalance.   Only a few players and/or squadrons did chance sides when one side had a numerical advantage while the rest were happy to fly along with the hord.  Since the community didn't want to or was unable to address the problem themselves HiTech and Gang had to step in and fix the problem before it really got out of hand.

So as I said in another post...if you don't like the changes and want someone to blame then just look in the mirror because you're to blame.

ack-ack

For one I'm fed up of "us, the community, the players", being blamed for everything.

1) The old MA very rarely got as unbalanced as the 'new' arenas, usually only close to a reset, or on the Sundays when Rooks had their RJO's.

2) HT changed the arenas, they went from occassionally unbalanced, to totally unbalanced the majority of the time.

We didn't change the arenas, so lets lay the blame were it belongs huh.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 09:01:58 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
For one I'm fed up of "us, the community, the players", being blamed for everything.

1) The old MA very rarely got as unbalanced as the 'new' arenas, usually only close to a reset, or on the Sundays when Rooks had their RJO's.

2) HT changed the arenas, they went from occassionally unbalanced, to totally unbalanced the majority of the time.

here here
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 09:08:02 PM »
There aren't any games with the odds tolerated here for so long, are there? Do you think it's because it sucks to play games with a huge advantage built in for only 1 team?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 09:08:07 PM »
for two days now i have not had to wait or change sides, i think people getting upset over nothing.  I'm going to wait to see what happens, at least the evil blue lines are gone.

Offline INSANO2

• Zinc Member
A humble question...
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 09:13:23 PM »
Its hard to be humble when your perfect!:D

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
A humble question...
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 09:49:32 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
I must have missed this notice from HTC, anybody got a copy of this announcement and official e-mail notifying those who don't cruise this BB that they have to change and help balance sides or else changes were to come?

I keep hearing that we were warned by HTC but I still haven't found my e-mail notice nor could I find a posting from HTC telling us of the problem and the possible changes that will be made if the community didn't act.

I have a feeling, I really don't know though, that side balancing wasn't the issue HTC tried to fix so no notice was sent about side balancing. This talk of us being warned kinda rings hollow to me.

I could be wrong though, but I do check my mail on a regular basis.

No other comment on the changes from me, I don't have the hours in since the changes to form a solid opinion yet.

Excellent point!
I'm guessing that maybe only 10% of the "community" (whatever that is)
visits this forum.  If there wasn't a clipboard message or some other
announcement what chance was there to address this supposed 'problem'?

I'm not buying it.  Either marbles have been spilled or something else
is afoot. :huh

Personally, I'm waiting until after the holidays to make any decisions
on whether this remains the right game for me.  I'll have plenty of time
to play over the holidays and I'll have a better idea of how I feel about
all this after the New Year.  Lets all just keep a cool head and give HTC
and the game some time for some adjustment.  The player numbers will
speak to the success of these changes.  If people aren't playing, the
changes will likely be reconsidered: they'll have to be.
After all, if people don't play the game, they don't pay.

David
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 09:54:55 PM by 96Delta »

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.

Offline raider6969

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
i
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 10:08:28 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Kev367th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats right it was when one side is winning alot of people would switch sides.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 10:38:24 PM »
I think the new split arena system hasn't been thought over properly. The 'leftover' arena is way too small for good MMOG experience.

The way it would probably work in reality is if there'd be a seemingly one arena which would automatically be split in 50% sections once a certain limit is passed. That way both arenas would be left with playable numbers and the split could be done in a way that people who are in the same squad would have the preference to remain on the same half of the arena.

After the 50% split both arenas would be fully free for access untill the next playerlimit would be reached for another split etc.

This would limit the numbers automatically but in best case scenario wouldn't harm the squad operations at all since the split would show only as dramatic change of total playernumbers. Even after the split, new squad members could join the split their squad resides, even automatically.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:41:12 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 10:45:03 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:42:44 PM by Skuzzy »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 10:56:36 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:42:58 PM by Skuzzy »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline RAPIER

• Copper Member
Sewer and Balance
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 10:57:45 PM »
I do agree that the MA sometimes was totally out of whack.  But I also know that sometimes it was one side, and other times it was the other side.  I flew Bish no matter what.  Some nights you couldn't get off a forward base.
I remember a few years ago, the MAWS would come on their squad night, Saturday or Sunday as I recall, and steamroll the place.  Probably built points higher than the Empire State Bldg.  Guess what, some other night is was some other squad.  But it was always fun to try and hold them off, piss them off, whatever.  Now you can't find anyone you know to fly with, or recognize the name of someone who shot you down, or you shot down.  
The rivalries are fast disappearing.  
It is more fun to watch the Yanks vs the Red Sox, or the Cards vs Cubs, or the Steelers vs Colts, than the Blue Jays vs Rangers.  
Rivalry is what makes for good sport, and rivalry is created by repeated conflict against the same people.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 10:59:58 PM »
See Rules #5, #4
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:43:28 PM by Skuzzy »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 11:12:33 PM »
See Rule #4.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:43:45 PM by Skuzzy »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A humble question...
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 11:17:19 PM »
who said that they do?

and what gives you the feeling that it is okay to start calling people idiots regardless of context or meaning?

my experience with the zuum and the fins in general has been one in which they have earned a modicum of respect that you appearantly lack the talent to muster.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 11:19:48 PM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.