Author Topic: TrackIR Delayed Movement Solution  (Read 341 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
TrackIR Delayed Movement Solution
« on: December 14, 2006, 11:42:23 AM »
For some reson, if I have my view set to Padlock and I'm using my Track IR, my movements are delayed and smoothed out.  By placing it back to SNAP view, it fixes it.  I used to restart my computer to fix what I thought was a problem with my sensor but now, I just hit F6 or something to put it back to SNAP view.

You can check your view by pressing alt I and the green lettering at the top will tell you your viewing setting.

MAKE SURE YOUR VIEW IS SET TO SNAP FOR TRACK IR USERS.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 01:31:41 PM »
Good advice Kermit.  Thanks for that.

BTW, if you are trying to use the new beta 029 drivers, I would love to hear your feedback; especially the rear view.  I have gone back to 028 because I could never get it to give me a rear view with any consistency.  Frustrating to say the least.  I intend to take this up with Natural Point but haven't yet.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:18:09 PM »
The 029 Beta 4 are now the official version of 029.  If you're having problems with your rear views seeming reversed there have been many complaints.  In my configuration I have both TIR's "trueview" and AH's "TrackIR Object Relative Move" functions turned off.  You can also have them both turned on but for some reason the ORM mode seems to disable some of the new head movement algorythms in .029.  If you're still having problems then try having Trueview ON and ORM off.  BTW, .029 still has the occasional problem of snapping straight down with certain head positions and it stays there.  I hit a quick recenter and that fixes it.  It should have been fixed but they didn't so they could get .029 officially released since it supports the new LED headset.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:35:59 PM »
Thanks Mace.  Didn't notice the "TrueView" variable.  I turned it off.  Working great now.

Thanks
The Hay Street Boys