Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 828 times)

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Brakes
« on: December 21, 2006, 11:26:48 PM »
United States aircraft, at least, should be able to literally pivot on a wheel by simpying stomping on that wheel's toe brake, without any rudder input.  When I try this in Aces High, however, the smallest turn I can get has the diameter of about one wingspan - even with full rudder as well.  It's like the brakes are not powerful enough, at least when used seperately.  Is it my settings or the modelling?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Brakes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:29:21 PM »
No!  Benny!  Anything but that!  Not brake modeling too!

Can't ya just enjoy the game for just a little bit? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Brakes
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:31:38 PM »
Here we go again.

TROLL ALERT.

WOOOP WOOOP WOOOP .

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Brakes
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »
Stop labelling me a troll.  You may not think it's important, but judging that my intention is to stir up trouble is presumptuous at best and dishonest at worst.  Now, this issue is rather large for carrier operations; it's difficult to pull a 360 on a crowded carrier deck and it should not be.  I'm not even claiming that the modelling's wrong, for crying out loud!  Work with me, here.  I don't even know that it's not my settings causing the problem.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Brakes
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 11:38:44 PM »
Metatron!
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Brakes
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 11:41:16 PM »
Well just for kicks i went off line and tried to pivot .

While I didn't touch the rudder I did have to put slight forward stick to unlock tail wheel .

Here is the film look from above and judge for yourself.

http://www.speedyshare.com/114796797.html

You are wrong yet again Benny.

Make sure you use god eye to look .

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Brakes
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 11:45:22 PM »
Wrong?  Wrong about what?  Wrong that it "may be my settings?"  Again, stop putting words into my mouth.  I'll check the track.

[edit]Post edited for rudeness.[/edit]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 12:02:29 AM by Benny Moore »

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Brakes
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 11:46:50 PM »
BennyMoore,

I don't know you personaly but I have read a few of your posts.

You can do a couple of things about what you don't think is modeled correctly:

You can accept it as it is and not try to take the game apart everytime you fly it. It is a game and should be approached as a game and enjoyed.  This enhances the overall experience and allows others within earshot to enjoy it with you.

You cannot accept it as it is and you proceed to make yourself and others miserable with constantly finding fault with everything that is modeled in the game. In this scenario, enjoyment will not be forthcoming.

I like the game as it is. I don't worry about details that don't add to the game as a whole. It may be you are wishing for an exact flight simulator.  This game simulates flight to a degree when a healthy dose of imagination is stirred into the recepi but it is not an exact flight simulator and I doubt seriously that Dale will ever want it to be one.

Have a great Christmas and a really safe and Happy New Year BennyMoore. I really do wish you well.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Brakes
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »
Did you look at the film . I even explained how I did it .

Simple really

I am a bit sorry also , it's just that your post always have a ....  negative tone .

Bronk
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 11:52:52 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Brakes
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 11:59:10 PM »
I downloaded the track twice, but the file seems to be corrupt.  I see you doing the pivot, but you're about 2,000 feet in the air.  Also, there's no text or voice.

I tried doing your suggestion (pushing down on the stick) in the P-40, and I after fiddling with the brakes and rudder I eventually got it to work.  I still can't do it consistently, however, which makes me suspect that my pedals are broken.  Well, I mean even more broken than I know.

Right now, only one toe pedal works.  So I have that bound to universal brake.  Then I have my differential brakes bound to the Z and X keys.  The only way I was able to pivot on a wheel in the P-40 was to give full down elevator trim, then give full left rudder, hold the Z key, then depress my working toe brake.  When I did those steps out of order, it didn't work.  Something's funny and I can't tell if it's the game, my settings, or my pedals.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 12:04:17 AM by Benny Moore »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Brakes
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 12:02:52 AM »
You don't have the map is why  I appear at 2k.

I am off line thats why no text or voice.

Hmm lemme try P40 .

Are you going with torque or against.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Brakes
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 12:03:25 AM »
I'm going with torque right now.

I can't figure out how the differential brake keys work.  To use left brake, do I need to press Z (left brake), then apply rudder?  Or do I need to press Z and then stomp the universal brake axis?  Just pressing Z does nothing.  In a real aircraft (at least a U.S. one), there are two toe brakes.  But as I said, my gaming pedals are partially broken, so I can only use one of the toe brakes.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 12:10:25 AM by Benny Moore »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Brakes
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 12:30:14 AM »
Break keys default c=left , v= right

And best I can get out of a p40 is partial pivot . ( does a 90 degree then pivots on wing tip. )Seems brake cant hold back at full throttle. I'll have to play with it more .

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Brakes
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 01:03:55 AM »
someone needs to get "Midasized " :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Brakes
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 01:21:43 AM »
I have little trouble pivoting most planes but it takes just the right amount of throttle along with full rudder.  Usually I don't use brake but it should help.  The amount of throttle seems to vary by plane but don't quote me on that.  BTW, I use the c and v keys for left and right brake.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.