Author Topic: Axis conflict  (Read 239 times)

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Axis conflict
« on: December 22, 2006, 03:00:53 AM »
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but I'm having a conflict between an axis and a key command (two key commands, actually).  It looks like I can't have both the axis and keys assigned to brakes, even if none of them are assigned to the exact same function.  I have an axis assigned to Brake Both.  This causes the Left Wheel Brake and Right Wheel Brake keys to not function.  I would like to be able to keep Brake Both on an axis so that I can quickly stop during combat landings without fear of pranging my propeller, but I'd also like to be able to apply Left Wheel Brake and Right Wheel Brake when taxiing.  I don't have enough axes for Left Brake and Right Brake.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Axis conflict
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »
Benny,
I have remapped many of my keys, but brakes are the htc given keys on my system. Try Key C for left brakes, Key V for right brakes, and Space bar for both.
Hope this is helps, or is what you wanted. If by axis, you mean on your JS, why would you need brakes there? Stick with the keyboard, in my opinion.
Found as:
Options/controls/MapKey/Flight
Listed as:
Left Wheel Brake - C
Right Wheel Brake - V
Wheel Brakes - Space
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:45:47 PM by HB555 »
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Axis conflict
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 06:22:05 PM »
I have CH Pro Pedals USB, but one of the toe brakes does not function and so I want to have "Brake Both" bound to the remaining toe brake.  However, I cannot have that work and still have the keys work for left and right brake.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Axis conflict
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 11:01:20 AM »
That is explains your situation much better, benny.
My Ch Pro allows me to map left toe brake to the normal space bar both brake function, the other toe brake to nothing and still use the C/V keys for individual brakes.
Wondering if your set has a short of some kind that is interferring with the working  pedal, or if both sides need to work to allow one side to function properly. I am not real good at electronics and the ways of the electron.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.