Author Topic: Side Balancing......huh?  (Read 2270 times)

Offline bzek74

• Copper Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 07:48:37 AM »
This is like propaganda...pretty one sided Im seeing screen shots of one arena showing numbers. If your gonna post one arena post the other that shows the country has 2 to 1 there.....which would account for the difference. So basically this is the simple way of saying what everyone else has posted =p

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 02:19:04 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
NoName,

Regardless of your claims of expertise (which of course go unverified since you continue to hide behind anonymity), fact remains that for the last 6-9 months of the old MA the normal variation in numbers had stagnated. Again, if you don't believe me, I'd suggest you do a search... you'll find a number of posts saying just exactly that.

In fact, I switched from rooks to knights for that very reason...They were always lowest numbers, and I wanted to practice fighting against more targets.

Sim I agree with you but .......for god sakes man Ohio Fricken State, Go Florida !!!   :rofl  :D
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
bzek74
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 02:36:45 PM »
the last screens are of the blue arena at the same time as the orange
above it i showed both arenas :rolleyes:  ty sir
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 03:32:32 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
I like the option of the EW and MW... these are mostly populated with dedicated furballers or squadrons that had a hard time getting in another arena to fly together.  

I acknowlege that it is purely anecdotal but...last time I was in EWA the teams were 18/21/3...and I bet you can guess which side both the 18 AND the 21 teams were attacking.

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »
The reason Knights Usually have the lowest numbers is because Several, and I do mean several, squads left the knits in the last 2 years and went Bish. Thus the influx of Bish players and why they always dominate the arenas. Mainly they left because the knits would not work together (we had the majority of the furballers and still do).

There has been such a huge amount of new players on the knits it's hard to keep up with recognizing many of them. Just seems like a small core group of vets have remained on the knits.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 05:28:44 PM »
Furballers or Toolshedders is not the answer or solution to our problems.   One arena with 600 players had a great example of the problems we had and still have.  Going back to one arena will not fix it.  

I will not complain or whine over it until I look in the mirror and take a good look.

Problems

1. The horde.  Solution - I will try and get others to log on my squad channel (or join another squad channel) and have fighter sweeps.  (Thxs for inviting me to your squad channel batfinkv.  Tiffie fighter sweeps are a blast).

2. No one captures bases.  Solution - I will try and get others to log on my squad channel and organize an attack.  (Thxs 1DCannon and your squad for joining my channel.  What a blast I had capturing bases heavily defended).  

3. Balance.  Solution - None.  No happy medium between skilled and new players.  New players require numbers, without it they will not stay past the 2 weeks.  It took me a long time to learn the game and have done all the things a new player will do.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 06:33:01 PM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
Mainly they left because the knits would not work together (we had the majority of the furballers and still do).

No way! Rooks have the best vulching-furballers-tankers of anyone!

BTW, convert these .BMP screenshots to jpg and shrink their k-byte size a bit....takes forEVER to load them as they are
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 06:42:07 PM »
having numbers is one thing. having the type of numbers to totally dominate an arena is something else, imho.  i would like to see some form of number control.  the players will never do it own their own....for a list of reasons to long and beaten to death.  i think the game should be fun and competitive for everyone all the time.  with 2 arenas, your getting horded, or you can switch and horde.  not to say i haven't found a few good fights in between, but maybe more without huge number imbalances.  i generally don't enjoy flying at 20k and picking the horde or flying in the horde racing to get a kill before someone else does.  but sometimes it's just all you can do unless you want to fly sortie after sortie playing dodge 6 guys....can be fun, but gets pretty old after a short while.  anything in between these extremes i would see as a good change.  just my opinion though.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 06:57:58 PM »
Originally posted by pluck
having numbers is one thing. having the type of numbers to totally dominate an arena is something else, imho.  i would like to see some form of number control.  the players will never do it own their own....for a list of reasons to long and beaten to death.  i think the game should be fun and competitive for everyone all the time.  with 2 arenas, your getting horded, or you can switch and horde.  not to say i haven't found a few good fights in between, but maybe more without huge number imbalances.  i generally don't enjoy flying at 20k and picking the horde or flying in the horde racing to get a kill before someone else does.  but sometimes it's just all you can do unless you want to fly sortie after sortie playing dodge 6 guys....can be fun, but gets pretty old after a short while.  anything in between these extremes i would see as a good change.  

I agree 100% with everything you just said above.

just my opinion though.

Except for that part, I disagree 100% with that statement, I know several dozen other players who think the same.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »
TO add to the crys :):aok

Here is what Late War Blue Arena is currently like at 8:40Pm est time

LWB Players
Rooks=96
Knights=155
Bish=68

LWB ENY
Rooks=O
Bish=0
Knights=25.8
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 07:54:05 PM by Husky01 »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 08:26:02 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Knights=25.8

.8?  .8?  

I am sure that I was not flying in that arena at that time.

- oldman (well....perhaps it was Lev, who counts as 1.8...?)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »
Let me add a little to this, LYNX. It's not just the timeframe, but also whether or not you look on a weekend, middle or beginning of the week, or holiday. Also, snapshots, Friday TOD's, scenario's...all change the numbers, fairly quickly. Add to this, If a particularly favorite map comes up in an arena, and word gets out(Tank town maps have this effect, in particular) An exodus starts from one arena to another, with the unbalancing consequences. Back in the days of the Single MA, The number shifts were a lot less noticable, because there were fewer factors to drain from the 'pool', and the one MA was more balanced through all of the time zones.

I've read posts by Tilt and a few others that have been more adversely affected by lower arena populations when on Euro-time. I can see there point. Hopefully, a satisfactory solution can be found for the Euro-players...But the arena's don't usually fill to capacity until Prime-time in the U.S.(About 5-11P.M. EST.)

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 08:36:59 PM »
Yes it was 25.8 click on the pic then click on it again to zoom in it shows 25.8:)
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 09:00:04 PM »
having numbers is one thing. having the type of numbers to totally dominate an arena is something else, imho.  

I'm not sure on the % but a large part of our community considers this fun.  We notice this in one arena with numbers almost balance.  You will still see a large group of players attacking a undefended base. Actually you can see all three countries attacking bases undefended.  

We use words like -
Teamwork, Missions, if the base was so important then why didn't you defend it, flying with friends and squadmates, why should i have 2 change sides and countless other reasons.
to mask the large player base that truely enjoys doing what you stated.  Dominate.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Side Balancing......huh?
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 10:00:59 PM »
hmmmm.

I think back to before the arena split...and all that has and still is transpiring in the game.

Lets be honest...a lota !@#$ has gone on in 2 months...and still, no apparent way to make HTs dream come true without keeping things in a tizzy.

Several things have been tried to keep smaller arenas and players enjoying themselves.

The two seem to be on a never ending collision course.

:(

Im left with one thought.

I was pretty sure i was having FUN untill HT told me i was unhealthy. :furious :furious :furious