Author Topic: Ladder Challenge  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Ladder Challenge
« on: January 03, 2007, 11:16:57 PM »
I recently joined the flight ladder that TW9 has reintrodueced to the community.
He challenged me this week ,then after our official duel was over we had some really good duels.I'd be on a winning streak then the tables would turn and he would be on the winning streak.These were some very close fights and couldve gone either way,depending on who made the first mistake.Many feel and quiet often degrade me for haveing posted mostly DA films,and that this type of film does little to help people who are new,to become better in the MA.I see this as an evolving type of game and most people who really have the drive to be successful,will still benefit from this and any type of film that broadens their perspective and possibly open up new ideas for them.

Hope you enjoy the films and feel free to critique them.If you need a film hosted please contact me or our website admin"DOMIN".

TW9 Ladder Challenge

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 12:25:32 AM »
I don't understand why anyone would say that working in the DA won't help new people out...

I actually just posted a topic in the Officer Club about fatherly advice, and something my ol' man's always said to me:

"If you play with the big kids, you're going to get hurt. But you'll get damn good, too."

That pretty much applies perfectly here.

And not to stroke Creton's ego, but I seem to recall a time when we both were pretty awful a few years ago, and now I seem to notice some darn good players giving him a lot of credit.

I also seem to recall seeing Creton in the DA more than anywhere else.

There seems to be some connection between the two...

The bottom line is, for anyone who doesn't think they can benefit from some time in the DA...  Spend a week or so in there with someone much better than you...  Leave your ego at the door.  One week later, go into the MA, and tell me you don't feel like some sort of samurai haha.

Oh, and btw, Creton...  I'm catching the itch something awful again.  I might be calling on you to knock some rust off me pretty soon :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 05:32:17 AM »
Many feel and quiet often degrade me for haveing posted mostly DA films,and that this type of film does little to help people who are new,to become better in the MA.I see this as an evolving type of game and most people who really have the drive to be successful,will still benefit from this and any type of film that broadens their perspective and possibly open up new ideas for them.

I too  agree with what Vudak posted.  About the only dislike I have with training "new players" in the DA is the having to reup and fly back to each other after each engagement,  with players who have a bit of seasoning / er or time in the game it is less difficult, they pretty much know how to quickly get back in the air, read radar, understand direction/headings........so it becomes a lessor issue....

but with the newer players, I find it better to bring them up to speed in the TA.......heck I myself even go to the DA to polish up and knock off the rust at times.

I have been there with Badboy, the WM's, heck got a round or 2 with Creton as well as Nomak back a while ago, for people who have been in the game say 6 months to a year or more and have a grasp on basic flight, the DA can only help them, one must learn  how to handle 1 vs 1 engagements, before they can move on to multiple targets vs 1 defender, and it is also helping them brush up on their immediate SA. This will help them as a stepping stone to broader subjects.........I also think the KOTH tourneyments are a good step in helping people with their SA practices, and target selection when dealing with multiple bandits.......

that being said, it is known that HTC wants the Training Arena to be used for Training, and the Dueling Arena used for Dueling  / 1vs1 engagements, but that does not mean people can not  get some good training from dueling in the DA.........

don't know why anyone would degrade you Creton or tell you it does little to help,  everything helps as long as it is presented in a proper fashion to the student......

~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 05:49:26 AM »
awesome fights :aok
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Ladder Challenge
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 06:25:50 AM »
Originally posted by Creton
..................Many feel and quiet often degrade me for haveing posted mostly DA films,and that this type of film does little to help people who are new,to become better in the MA.

I snipped this part out, because its the one that ticks me off!! I think the people who "degrade" you for posting films of any kind should be told to shove it!!

First off, a DA film is better than NO film ! Second any film can be used to learn, an evasive here, an angle pulled there to get to a firering solution, the timiing of a rope, a millions things can be found in these films, and I for one appreciate every film post....even yours creton  :t

Film downloaded, saved, and will be studied !!!  Thanks Creton !  

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 10:30:50 AM »
Personally I think DA films are among the best since they show an "even" start. Many times films show tactics that rely on exploiting a situational advantage. While these are good a clip that shows how to "manufacture" a winning position from a nuetral start is better.....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »
Ya that was a good hour of getting kicked around.. lol thanks for adding the 10mins of me whipping u and lambo around :aok .. But ya only way to get good in this game is to get wooped by the likes of creton over and over again.

Of course u actually have to care about it. Ive been playing this game off and on for 5 or 6 years and ive made alot of friends.. I consider them good friends even though most of them ive never met in person. So i have an appreciation for this game and I take this game to heart and actually care about being good at it.. LoL shoot! i spent 3400 on a box just for this game. SO ya it takes dedication also..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Ladder Challenge
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 04:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by Creton
Many feel and quiet often degrade me for haveing posted mostly DA films,and that this type of film does little to help people who are new,to become better in the MA.I see this as an evolving type of game and most people who really have the drive to be successful,will still benefit from this and any type of film that broadens their perspective and possibly open up new ideas for them.
I don't know why.  The things you do in a duel are a cornerstone of the MA skillset.  Sure you can practice E tactics with well managed SA in the MA enviroment, but those without basic ACM skills are S.O.L whenever they get pinned down into knife fighting.  It certianly seems like you have the AHTC's support for posting these in H&T.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »
Dont even sweat it Cret.  Most of the people who would/do complain never offer anything to help the community themselves.

You are in my opinion the best 1v1 pile-it in the game at this time.  Better than me anyway.  Your films are worth watching and learning from.  Post away.

Dave

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 06:05:08 PM »
1vs1 's are the only way to truly advance your ACM skills ,,,

I never get tired of watching films and taking note . (stealing new tricks for my acm bag)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline shooter1cac

• Zinc Member
      • http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3707/sapplf6.jpg
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 06:15:26 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
1vs1 's are the only way to truly advance your ACM skills ,,,

I never get tired of watching films and taking note . (stealing new tricks for my acm bag)

This.
You will probably never be able to handle a 2 or 3 on 1 situations until you can handle yourself in a 1 on 1 with at least SOME level of skill. Until you learn how to fight 1 on 1 and have a decent chance of winning..you become like me...a flying target. :(
But at least I have a purpose..I fly to pad everyone elses score!:p

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 05:57:44 AM »
lol im still trying to get on the ladder myself.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 09:06:45 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
awesome fights :aok

just signed up .. almost couldn't figure it out, more commercialized than the original ladder :)
cu soon Bat
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 07:16:45 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
just signed up .. almost couldn't figure it out, more commercialized than the original ladder :)
cu soon Bat

ya i hate the ladder format but its only temporary till i buy a good ladder script., they run about 100 to 250 bucks.

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
Ladder Challenge
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 06:47:10 AM »
Count me in!  If I can't figure out how to sign up, I'll ask.  This is great, and very much appreciated.  

I also appreciate the films.  Good job.  No doubt, the people who critcize the DA films post none themselves.

Regards,

Malta