Author Topic: ammo  (Read 326 times)

Offline discopants

• Zinc Member
ammo
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:43:43 PM »
when flying  say a spit are you only given bullets to fire or  is there another form of weapon to use ie; rockets etc?? and if  so how  do ya  fire them ?? stupid question i know now ive asked it but hey we all gotta learn somehow!!  cheers  guys

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
ammo
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 05:54:01 PM »
when you pick a plane in the hangar it tells you what options are available for that plane.  Nothing else is available
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
ammo
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 06:31:19 PM »
Spitfires are Air Superiortiy Fighters. They only have droptanks (Except the Spitxteen) and even if they had more, it would violate the Spitfires name to use them.

Fly american planes, they have a lot of extra weapons. Like he said, select in hangar. In air, press backspace to select which secondary weapon you want to use, and press your secondary fire button. The default for that is, I beleive, B (The first thing I did was map secondary fire to my joystick)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
ammo
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:16:40 PM »
LoL Serenity :)

discopants, in addition to what Dicho told you: The planes usually have a Primary and a Secondary Weapon bank. In mixed guns planes, like the Spit for example, the MG is usually primary, the cannon secondary weapon. Any rockets, bombs or external fuel tanks are also secondary weapons.

You can toggle the secondary weapon with backspace, and switch between the different weapons (if you selected them in HANGAR). You can check whats currently selected in the ammo counter (CAN for cannon, RKT for rocket and DT for external fuel tanks). To launch/drop/fire them, just use the secondary fire button (B, or whatever button you mapped it to on stick).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
ammo
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
when you pick a plane in the hangar it tells you what options are available for that plane.  Nothing else is available

Expanding on the above you should see different items on the hanger floor that you can select by clicking on them. To unselect  items you should find the space on the floor in front to load nothing.

For example on a Spit XVI you should be able to select a drop tank or a small bomb.

If the the fuel or ordinace at the field you are at has been hit you may not be able to load out one or both.

If you have a drop tank (or two) loaded and want to get rid of them you just select them as described by others here and drop them like a bomb!
Remember on say a P51 to drop both tanks as hitting "B" once will usually only drop one and leave you unevenly loaded out!