Author Topic: an old Ghosth and 2 new AH Trainers have arrived  (Read 964 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
an old Ghosth and 2 new AH Trainers have arrived
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 07:22:19 AM »
TW9 in all respect sir, many are called but few are chosen.

Its kind of a catch 22 thing.  People who WANT to be a trainer seldom make good ones. Once your old & wise enough to no longer want it, they grab you and don't let you go.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 08:08:17 AM »
to a great bunch of guys...can't say enough about the good you guys do! Must have undending reserves of patience and dedication for that job.

Congrats to Ghosth, Rolex, and Mace!

Now, how do you start the engine?
Thought the new guys ought to get used to hearing it...
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 08:12:53 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
TW9 in all respect sir, many are called but few are chosen.

Its kind of a catch 22 thing.  People who WANT to be a trainer seldom make good ones. Once your old & wise enough to no longer want it, they grab you and don't let you go.

:lol

about sums it up :)

teedub, it isn't so much the excellent fighter pilots that the trainer corps wants, but the experienced, patient and wise type. you need to be very calm and patient helping out in kindergarten :D

BUT, that doesn't stop you from doing something along the lines of what i do in there (stopping by the TA often to help out and train reasonable pilots in advanced ACM)

unfortunately for them, the trainers usually get stuck answering questions on how to program sticks and basic key commands :lol. if you'd like to help in the TA, do so! pop in and give peeps a hand, perhaps some duelling tips, etc.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »
Hehe its cool.. though i train IRL too :) and lead aswell..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 12:00:58 PM »
Thanks guys, appreciate all the nice comments.  I've been doing this about a week now and it's as others have mentioned, there are lots of folks needing help with everything from a barrel-roll defense to how to switch weapons.  All the new "studs" have been great to work with although I'm sure that I'll run against someone with an attitude sooner or later.

I was working with a nice, hardworking fellow last night who had been flying for 18months and we couldn't figure out why he kept taking the roll out of his rolling scissors.  Turned out he had never mapped his "up" view so couldn't see the guy he was fighting.  A small thing but I can't imagine how frustrating this must have been for him so being able to help him figure this out was great as has been my expereience with everyone else I've helped.

If there's something you guys can help with it's to direct new or frustrated players to the trainer's page to look over some of the info there if only to get a picture of what a maneuver is supposed to look like.

Thanks again for the words.

Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »
Welcome back, Ghost... and to the new trainers, welcome also! :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 05:05:19 PM »
Thanks all and ditto what Mace said. It's satisfying to help new people find their bearings in this big, old AH world or add a little riff to a players's repertoire that they can use later when the opportunity presents itself.

It also renews your appreciation of how much work and thought has gone into making this game.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »
hehe..Mace and Rolex....my condolences sirs! (J/K):D   A great addition to the Training Cadre I think.

Ghosth! Welcome back sir!  Good to see you back in the saddle:)

cheers,
RTR
The Damned