Author Topic: White Screen o' Death  (Read 337 times)

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
White Screen o' Death
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:53:28 PM »
Greetings,

Got a map, got land, got fields, some fields on non-level terrain, no carriers, no roads.

Tried to launch map to 'see' what it looked like, game launches, goes through the black bar slide to right, see tower, see barracks outside, then I see a white screen followed by "sorry, the program has stopped functioning" . . . . . .

What do y'all need to know to help me???

Thanks!

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
White Screen o' Death
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 07:12:51 AM »
First, all fields must be on LEVEL terrain. Although I don't recall this being a cause for the game to crash.

Do you have any custom objects?
Is your clipboard map 256-8bit color?
Have you added any objects (non-custom) to the fields?
Have you placed any objects other than fields on the map?
All all fields in the center of the 1-mile grid?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:15:11 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
White Screen o' Death
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:02:57 AM »
Greetings,

Thanks for the response.  

I have no custom objects, fields have not been modified.  Fields are centered in the 1 mile squares.  I have placed one armored shore battery and 3 each vehicle/boat entry points.

I will need to recheck the clipboard map this evening......I think it is, but may not be 256 / 8 bit color.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
White Screen o' Death
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »
Greetings,

Checked, clipboard map was not 256/8.  Fixed, no more White Screen of Death!  Thanks
Now, to figure out the shore batteries and weather.  After I tweak the terrain for bases and vehicle approach routes.

Regards,