Author Topic: Republican Candidates for 2008?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Republican Candidates for 2008?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
If McCaine wins, the demos will have still won the White House.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 11:46:16 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Can't get any worse than what we have now.
I hope you really do not believe that.

A couple of truisms.
No matter how bad it is, it can always be worse.
No matter how good it is, it can always get better.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 11:54:13 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I hope you really do not believe that.

A couple of truisms.
No matter how bad it is, it can always be worse.
No matter how good it is, it can always get better.

Truisms maybe, though they are smacking of "truthiness" about now. I think Bush is about the worst President we've had in my lifetime, and maybe the worst since Harding. So chances are it won't get worse, and I'll bet it doesn't.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 11:59:29 AM »
Truthiness?  No clue what that means.  Those phrases are indeed truisms.

I dunt like Bush either and I agree he is the worst President this nation has had.  I would say in the history of the U.S. he is the worst.

However, the current candidates we are looking at are not any better, in my opinion, and worse in some ways, but none of them are leaders.  A couple are power-mongers, like Bush.  But I do not see an actual leader in the lot, so far.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 12:03:07 PM »
Interesting how the media places shadows on those who they don't like. For every bad thing you hear about Bush, there's about three good things the media has buried.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 12:04:24 PM »
Bush is bad because of Iraq? You need only go back so far as Vietnam to find Johnson sitting in the same boat. Let's not forget the more recent president who did nothing to deter terrorism for 8 years which is arguably responsible for the 9/11 attack.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 12:07:26 PM »
I could be wrong but I think LBJ has it all over Bush for screwing up the office and the nation. Then again they're both texans.......
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 12:08:22 PM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
forHIM,

Huckabee is an ex-Southern Baptist minister.  I'm a Southern Baptist...but Huckabee has proven to be a big disappointment.  No slur against Baptists themselves was intended.

While I've voted for him twice in the past it will not happen again.

Regards, Shuckins

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know he was a former minister.  No offense taken, I was just wondering where that "descriptive" term came in.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 12:08:35 PM »
If you only dislike Bush due to the Iraq fiasco, then you are pretty shallow.  There are far more reasons to dislike hime than to like him though.

Originally posted by Maverick
I could be wrong but I think LBJ has it all over Bush for screwing up the office and the nation. Then again they're both texans.......
Please stop spreading that lie about Bush being a Texan.  He relocated here from the North East.  He was not born here.

I still rank Bush as being far worse than even LBJ.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 12:09:29 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick

Ironic ain't it? One of our most conservative presidents, Reagan, from Kalifornia and one of our most liberal, LBJ, from Texas.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 12:11:05 PM »
If you only dislike Bush due to the Iraq fiasco, then you are pretty shallow.  There are far more reasons to dislike hime than to like him though.

I don't dislike him for Iraq but will be interested to hear other reasons why you or others despise him. Assuming you aren't referring to his speaking inability.

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 12:13:14 PM »

I concur wholeheartedly.  :aok
P-47 pilot

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 12:13:43 PM »
Despise is too strong a word.  I do not believe he is a capable leader.  He stumbles around about his decisions and makes poor ones.  He honors those who are complete screwups and ignores the heroes.

I do not like the man.  His lies are far too transparent.  To me, he is closer to being a coward, than a leader.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 12:19:19 PM »
I think he's done some things right including his offensive against Islamic extremists. I will be unhappy if he yields to the doves now controlling congress.

I do not like his soft position on illegal immigrants and would really like to see that become a key issue in the '08 election but I believe neither party wants it to be.

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »
I dunt like Bush either and I agree he is the worst President this nation has had.  I would say in the history of the U.S. he is the worst.

in terms of long term "damage" done to this country (by way of compromising the Constitution), my vote for worst would be Lincoln.

However, the current candidates we are looking at are not any better

IMHO, Ron Paul would be a HUGE improvement.  He is one man I believe would take his oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" seriously.