Author Topic: Tile properties trouble  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Wayne22

• Zinc Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 04:03:59 PM »
2.09 Patch 4

I'm going to try saving my folders somewhere and uninstalling the content editors and reinstalling.I can't think of anything that it could be and I believe I've tried everything else. It seems to me that the problem occurs when I hit build in TE and I transfer the file and use it in the game. Some how  that step gets messed up, because in TE when I open my Terrain file the cell overlay does disappear properly. How and why it won't transfer those properties correctly to the game is beyond me. I am very thankful for you guys taking the time to try and help.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:09:02 PM by Wayne22 »

Offline Wayne22

• Zinc Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 05:39:22 PM »
Not even the reinstall worked.

I wish I knew if there are certain requirements in OE such as object minimum or maybe it has to have so many buildings.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 09:34:41 AM »
I know you're propably using the right settings and all for making this, yet are you sure only "Is square tile object" and "Display Terrain Under Tile" is selected?

That's the only two options that need to be selected as the tile's properties. Otherwise you could have some complications.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 11:35:56 AM »
Did you check to see if the tile was flat? Sometimes if you place two adjacent 1-mile groups next to each other it will mess up the other group's terrain so it is no longer flat.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:38:17 AM by Raptor »

Offline Wayne22

• Zinc Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 04:19:07 PM »
Raptor I tried your suggestion of making sure the terrain was flat and it was. Still not working.

I took a custom airfield I knew worked renamed it and put in the tile I wanted to my my rs road tile. It worked just fine. Then I went back in to OE deleted all objects moved the file in to texsrc folder, opened TE built it, put it in the game and the cell overlay was back. I think there must be some sort of requirement for a tile to work properly in the game what that requirement is I don't know. Could it be building requirements, barracks, ammo bunkers, or just a minimum object load out? If I knew this I would continue with the tile building a custom town. I just don't want to spend the time and effort to be disappointed, I can't afford a new monitor   lol.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 04:29:42 PM »
do you have a flat, 2d object defined as clutter at the bottom of your group? if you use a 1-mile clutter object it should remove any trees/shrubs.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 05:42:23 PM »
I told him to use "lafld0g", it didn't work he said.
FlameThink.com

Offline Wayne22

• Zinc Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 06:40:40 PM »
Yes sir Raptor like Denholm said that didn't work either.
I just tried it again and no good.

Offline Wayne22

• Zinc Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 06:43:04 PM »
Have any of u guys tried doing this ever and have it work?

Offline Wayne22

• Zinc Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 07:29:52 PM »
Hehehehehe    

Well I added some of those city tiles in OE to my road tile and it worked.
All cell overlay was wiped clean. There isn't any need for the large field ground the hole tile was still wiped. So now i feel safe enough to build a custom town and confident it will work. Whether it was the buildings or just amount of objects I still don't know.

Thanks guys. I will continue to check this forum incase you guys find out more detailed information about this.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 09:55:09 AM »
Well, glad you got it to work, haven't heard of this occuring though. Although I have had a problem when I placed a single object on the tile, then tested to see if it would appear in the TE, it didn't. So obviouslly, 5 objects or less on a 1-mile tile will cause bugs.
FlameThink.com

Offline Wayne22

• Zinc Member
Tile properties trouble
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 03:54:39 PM »
Rgr that Denholm.

When I first built the rsroad to go out to my port I had several 1000 foot rs's a bridge over the town ground clutter where the lake sat and some grass. That is when I first did my test and noticed it didn't work in the game. After that I tried the hills and trees in OE and it still didn't work. So I'm guessing it might be a certain number of variations in objects or buildings but I have not pinpointed the solution to the problem. I'm just glad it works.

to all that took the time to help me.