Author Topic: Vista Ultimate  (Read 4585 times)

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
If you are getting better performance with Vista, than with XP, it is only due to you having a poor installation of XP.  There is absolutely no way Vista can outperform XP.

This is a common misunderstanding.  Most people have trashed installations of XP and most do not even know it.  This is simply due to the ludicrous installation options MS defaulted XP to, which over time gauranteed XP to run very poorly.

Vista, by its very design, cannot run faster than XP on the same hardware, even if more RAM is installed.

I dunno, I guess thats why you make the big bucks LOL, I wouldn't know a good install from a bad install as long as it works. And xp worked, so I never questioned it, the only thing I hated about xp that I like about vista is the recovery disk is a actual disk and not some stupid 2 disk image set :)
But as long as it works I guess I'll keep it. This thing is like a million times faster than my old computer anyway.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2007, 09:41:06 AM »
Please make OS X version of AH - So I can buy MAC without hesitations.
Yeh, I know it's hopeless. :(
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2007, 09:41:47 AM »
Originally posted by Wes14
wonder y would MS would go from a pretty good OS (XP) to one that could be review in one word (Crap) Vista

maybe microsoft should change their naes to MI(Mega Idiots):noid

Umm, wait and see how much money vista is going to pry out of your pockets and into MS's.  They know exactly what they are doing.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2007, 09:44:41 AM »
Originally posted by dmf
The kid down the street bought a new computer like I did and wiped vista off of it and put his old copy of xp in it. He said that most of the stuff he has is running with xp, so isn't that  a thought if anybody has game problems with vista? I have some fps loss using external in H2H, but over all if I use internal view only I get better fps than ever before, and thats with no video card, just the on board graphics.

so I guess your Vox is now fixed too
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2007, 09:48:14 AM »
Originally posted by bozon
Please make OS X version of AH - So I can buy MAC without hesitations.
Yeh, I know it's hopeless. :(

I remember on the General forums about a year or so ago someone else made the same request.

To the best of my recolection hightech said "IOt would be cheaper to buy every player of AH a PC then it would be to write AH for mac."

So yea...I'd say its hopeless LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
Fry's has a sale on Creative Labs x-fi cards and since Vista will not detect my aging Audigy I replaced it. Argh! Vista will not detect the new card either. Tried the usual swap to different pci slot etc... Works fine in XP. Did I say argh!!!?

I too have an old Audigy.  There is a beta driver on Creative Labs website, it's working fine for me.
P-47 pilot

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2007, 12:42:58 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I remember on the General forums about a year or so ago someone else made the same request.

To the best of my recolection hightech said "IOt would be cheaper to buy every player of AH a PC then it would be to write AH for mac."

So yea...I'd say its hopeless LOL

okay:D

i need a better pc:rolleyes:
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2007, 12:48:41 PM »
Originally posted by Irwink!
DISCLAIMER!! None of the above should be construed in any way as an endorsement of Vista, MS, Bill Gates, the Antichrist, the benefits of global warming, Hillary in '08 or whatever else you can think of.

:rofl

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2007, 04:49:27 PM »
Just bought my last copy of XP Pro today...

Not many left on the shelf....

:)

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2007, 06:58:12 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
so I guess your Vox is now fixed too

Dunno yet after buying a computer and spending 3 days transferring all the stuff I had on the old one, and trying to think "do I want this file that was there when I bought it" I'm kinda not caring about hooking up a mic right now