Author Topic: Rubber projectiles...  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Rubber projectiles...
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 11:02:09 AM »
I did some practice offline, shooting at the B-24 drones.  I never had more than 2-4 hits in one area of the plane before it exploded.  I was pretty much matching speed and shooting from a fixed distance of approx 200m with a convergence setting of 300.  I used only the cannon, and not the MG so I didn't confuse hit sprites.

Might be interesting to know how the bomber test average of 4-5 rounds to "destroy a bomber" was set up.  I would assume those hits would all have to be in the same place (say the wing root to remove the wing).

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Rubber projectiles...
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 11:13:06 AM »
One last observation and a recommendation.

Try flying in the MA, shooting only with the single 30mm, and not the MG's.  Watching that first film a couple times from different angles, could be most of those hits were MG hit sprites rather than the cannon.  The real test would be if you rolled in on something, firing only cannon, saw hit sprites that did "nothing" or very little damage.  Like I said, I got killed twice last nice in a P-47 from single Mk108 hits at a range of 800 meters.  Didn't blow my tail off or pop the control surfaces--it was instant tower (catestrophic explosion).  I'd say the round is plenty powerful, if you actually hit.