Author Topic: Issue?  (Read 266 times)

Offline VSkwidd

• Zinc Member
Issue?
« on: February 20, 2007, 01:49:47 AM »
hmmm wasn't sure whether to put this here or in technical support but, i downloaded the Mitsu sound pack, unzipped to a new folder on desk top- then moved the file to HTC (after renaming the other Sound file Sound_old) , after a 3 minute moving wait time i launched aces high, jumped in a BF 109E4 expecting the sounds to be AWESOMENESS but i was just bombarded with the same old sound files

*im diing for some new sounds, why on earth is this not taking effect!?!?-- Suggestions??*
:cry

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Issue?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:00:35 AM »
Double check that you dont have a second folder in your current "sounds" folder also labeled "sounds", for some reason this happens to me every time I install a new soundpack. If it is, just copy the contents of the second folder and paste them over the other one, then delete the sounds/sounds folder.

Even if you have the new stuff in a secondary folder inside the main folder, it will continue to use the old stuff instead of the new.

I know it sounds complicated, but I really dunno how to explain it more clearly.

Try to explain better though...

You may have a filepath something like c:/program flies/htc/aceshighII/sounds/sounds. You want to copy the second sound folders contents and paste them into the first, then delete the second (after making sure you have a backup someplace just in case).

If that still doesn't work, then you have a different problem than I did, but I figured it was worth a try.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.