Author Topic: "not receiving updates switched to tcp"  (Read 280 times)

Offline cjohnson

• Zinc Member
"not receiving updates switched to tcp"
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:29:15 PM »
Ok, here is my problem.

For the last 3 days everytime I log into an arena I get the message "not receiving updates switched to TCP".  I have no idea what the problem is. I am on cable and have never had this problem before.  The only thing that has changed is McAfee updated automatically and so did windows.  I checked my firewall and aceshigh is allowed full access to the internet although when McAfee updated it blocked inbound traffic.

Can someone please help me? I am not a computer genius so please keep it simple.

Thank You

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »
johnson,

check your firewall and McAffee and make sure that it allows the Aceshigh.exe for UDP as well. (If you installed a patch or reset the firewall, you need to reallow AH in any way, since the exe might have changed - that will have the old one apparently allowed, but not the new one).

You need to reallow AH on both firewall and AV each time you update one of the three.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SwS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:54:26 AM »
After installing the McAfee update my computer started doing the same thing.  Would like to replace McAfee with another AV, any suggestions?  Tried to turn McAfee off but with the new update I can't figure it out.