Author Topic: Stop The War, Support Our Troops  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Stop The War, Support Our Troops
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
But dmf...the green light is so pretty.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »
Originally posted by Hawco
No idea but it probably looks like some of the keyboard/armchair generals that we are  infested with in here.

i saw that pic a few years ago at mulletsgalore.com
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2007, 10:30:14 PM »
Lucky for us the Soviet Union collapsed when it did. I'm afraid we Americans will never have the resolve to stand up to anything like it ever again. If (more like when really) China ever decides to exert it's influence over the world more forcefully I have serious doubts we'll be able to muster enough testosterone to stand in their way.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2007, 10:47:21 PM »
I don't know Lukster ... If another nation actually attacks you I think you people will cowboy up like you did in '41. However if you attack another nation with questionable casus belli again, I think the result will be much the same as Vietnam/Iraq.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2007, 11:14:53 PM »
Originally posted by Viking
if you attack another nation with questionable casus belli again, I think the result will be much the same as Vietnam/Iraq.

The inability or unwillingess of many to agree Viking without demur astonishes.

It's like a broken record that's so very broken.  The arguments and objections are almost "canned."  Put in the tape and let it run.

On a more constructive note, my soulution is to get Iraq as stable as possible AND launch some sort of nationwide crusade to be off oil entirely in a decade or less.  Less preferably.  Then get out of their backyard and focus on our own.

Imagine that.  What would China, North Korea, name another trouble spot in the world mean to America if we were not dependent upon them for energy and manufacturing?

The only thing that stands in the way of that is greed.  Short term greed at that.  There blame aplenty for both parties.

Tis a Pity,

hap

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2007, 11:21:28 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
Lucky for us the Soviet Union collapsed when it did. I'm afraid we Americans will never have the resolve to stand up to anything like it ever again. If (more like when really) China ever decides to exert it's influence over the world more forcefully I have serious doubts we'll be able to muster enough testosterone to stand in their way.

We will always have an enemy to fight, and we we will fight until we get defeated economically, Eisenhower pointed that out quit succinctly.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2007, 08:08:59 AM »
Originally posted by lukster

Yea boy howdy!

Lucky for us there weren't a bunch of hippies around and democrats in power during that cold war.

wait a minute....

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2007, 08:38:24 AM »
weren't we losing the cold war when the hippies were around and the democrats were in power?

lazs

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2007, 11:27:12 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
weren't we losing the cold war when the hippies were around and the democrats were in power?

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

lazs

No

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2007, 11:33:30 AM »
Ok Hap,

What do you propose to do to eliminate the need for oil? How far are you willing to go?

Please no more sound bites, post something of substance about what you mean.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2007, 11:50:46 AM »
A while back, some banana Democrat from Beantown proposed we go to the moon in a decade and we did it.

Same tactic.

We desire it, devise it, and do it.

Who cares if we have to pay more for fluffy-wuffies at Wal-Mart.

If we discriminate between "won't be done," and "can't be done," then we get closer.

All the Best,

hap

p.s.  sorry if the absence of science dissapoints.  I'm ignorant generally and specfically when it comes to the sciences.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2007, 12:01:09 PM »
Again Hap,

I asked you for details. I don't need "technical science" for your solutions I just want to see if you have anything of substance to add. You made a statement, do you have anything at all to back it or is it just another troll line thrown out to boost your post count?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2007, 12:31:05 PM »
I'll step in and offer Hap a hand- here's just one possibility.  

Hydrogen cars

The sooner we start the better.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2007, 02:29:35 PM »
Are you saying that hydrogen cars will eliminate the need for oil?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown