Author Topic: bomber drones  (Read 252 times)

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
bomber drones
« on: March 01, 2007, 05:26:07 PM »
when i land most of the time i loose my drones.  Either they go nose up and get get 1000+ out and explode or i come down on runway and they nose in and explode.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
bomber drones
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:39:18 PM »
u dun really need ur drones when ur landing. as long as u get ur kills.. that good enough.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
bomber drones
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 08:27:01 PM »
Originally posted by titanic3
u dun really need ur drones when ur landing. as long as u get ur kills.. that good enough.

Say that after taking up a formation of Ar234s and landing only one of them.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
bomber drones
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 09:06:28 PM »
Not sure how the 234s would do with this, but what I do is come in slow (120 or so) no flaps and lower my gear when I'm at the end of the runway.  The drones do tend to fall behind upon lowering gear or even flaps.  Waiting until I'm more or less over the runway seems to get all the drones down, that is, if I have any left.;)

Les

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
bomber drones
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:27:24 PM »
Yep, you have to wait to lower your gear until you're slow and lined up on the runway. If you lower gear too far out they pull up high to match a predefined "glide slope" that ends at the edge of the runway.

My thinking is the closer to the runway, the narrower the angle the less they have to pull up.