Author Topic: Stall limiter  (Read 679 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Stall limiter
« on: March 02, 2007, 08:27:23 AM »
Net Aces suggests that one should learn to fly with the stall limiter off, but the stall limiter prevents you from using your rudder and elevators to their full range of movement. It seems to me that would hurt the planes performance.
  I want to step up my fighter game a notch this year and will try to do it in a 38J. Will the stall limiter off help me do this?
Lighten up Francis

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 08:40:43 AM »
No two ways about it....
Fly with the Stall Limiter OFF

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:46:41 AM »
I fly with it on :) well did till 2 weeks ago personally i don't see that big of difference
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 08:56:29 AM »
Stall limiter ALWAYS OFF!
With it off you can use all of your control surfaces in flight.
!

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 09:46:19 AM »
A controlled stall can be the diff between life & death in a tightly matched verticle battle.
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Stall limiter
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »
Originally posted by Atoon
A controlled stall can be the diff between life & death in a tightly matched verticle battle.

:aok

with stall limiter turned on, you can not fly to the edge of the envelope or ride it, with it turned off you can, and in certian instances you need to be able to ride a controlled stall, when down and dirty in a knife fight........as Anton posted.....

Husky, if you do not see the difference in the 2, you have not truly found the limits of your planes flight envelope yet......:)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 10:09:39 AM »
Definately OFF....

It takes some getting used too but when you do you will never have it ON again.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 10:10:49 AM »
Originally posted by Atoon
THis is a good statement.  If you have stall limiter on, you might not be able to pull certain moves because stall limiter is there to help prevent you from stalling and you might want to stall on purpose!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Re: Stall limiter
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 10:11:30 AM »
Originally posted by uptown
Net Aces suggests that one should learn to fly with the stall limiter off, but the stall limiter prevents you from using your rudder and elevators to their full range of movement. It seems to me that would hurt the planes performance.

:huh , your question/statement is confusing.......

Originally posted by uptown

I want to step up my fighter game a notch this year and will try to do it in a 38J. Will the stall limiter off help me do this?

it will help you
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline sveno

• Nickel Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 10:11:56 AM »
turned inside of spit's with temp/tiffy - because they had it ON :)

yay :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:04:55 AM by sveno »

Orgasmic Interception.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 10:13:43 AM »
I fly with the stall limiter on.  I know alot of the really good players swear by playing with it off, and I'll probably only get so far by leaving it on...but thats how I do it.

The way I see it when flying a cartoon airplane, you really don't experience the actual sensations a real world pilot would have.  You would 'feel' the deceleration, know you had to kick rudder to flip over and you would be flying one type of airlpane that you would get to know much better.

In this game flying all sorts of planes, and not wanting to keep a close eye on instrument flying, I just leave it on.  I find when I don't I just end up in a vertical stall and can't recover.

Plus in vertical stalls, I find applying opposite rudder and putting the nose down (the real world way of coming out of a spin) doesn't seem to work for me with stall limiter off.  dunno.

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »
The only ones that dont see a difference are the ones that just bnz.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
Originally posted by DREDger
I fly with the stall limiter on.  I know alot of the really good players swear by playing with it off, and I'll probably only get so far by leaving it on...but thats how I do it.

The way I see it when flying a cartoon airplane, you really don't experience the actual sensations a real world pilot would have.  You would 'feel' the deceleration, know you had to kick rudder to flip over and you would be flying one type of airlpane that you would get to know much better.

In this game flying all sorts of planes, and not wanting to keep a close eye on instrument flying, I just leave it on.  I find when I don't I just end up in a vertical stall and can't recover.

Plus in vertical stalls, I find applying opposite rudder and putting the nose down (the real world way of coming out of a spin) doesn't seem to work for me with stall limiter off.  dunno.

about the only sensations you don't experience is the G- factor and the pressure on the controls, the rest you ( some ) experience visually looking at the monitor. visually experienceing the slow down and the angle of flight, you know or will learn when to apply the rudder or the flaps and how much you need to apply.

With stick time, practice, and patience, you should be able to learn how to recover from spins ( recovering from a stall should be simple ) if you say you can not recover with  the real life approach, then you are not doing it in the correct order, or you are leaving a part of it out......

1st  reduce throttle(throttle off) nuetral alieron position/ nose down ( push forward ), opposite rudder of the spin/turn direction / when she stops spinning let of rudder, then as speed increases slowly increase throttle and gently pull out level flight....

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Stall limiter
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 10:27:18 AM »
Originally posted by sveno
turned inside of spit's with temp/tiffy - because they had it OFF :)

nope, you turned inside them because they were a noob or were very low on E.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Stall limiter
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 10:28:41 AM »
Originally posted by Pawz
The only ones that dont see a difference are the ones that just bnz.

precisely, but turning it off even makes a BnZ pilot better

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC