Author Topic: Stall limiter  (Read 678 times)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 10:53:18 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
you might want to stall on purpose!  :aok

Yup.  If you're caught cold, unexpected from behind, one option is to throw the plane in a spin.  This often throws off the shooters first pass and gives you time to recover in order to put up a fight. It's a move that many attackers don't expect.

:aok

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 10:56:05 AM »
Originally posted by Pawz
The only ones that dont see a difference are the ones that just bnz.

Good BnZ'ers,  those that rope effectively,  absolutely must have the stall limiter off in order to hang long enough in those close ropes.  Your statement is inaccurate as it only applies to BnZ'ers who shoot and scoot, not to those who bait and rope.

Offline sveno

• Nickel Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 11:06:58 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
nope, you turned inside them because they were a noob or were very low on E.

sorry, mixed up ON and OFF anyways :D

for some part you are sure right, but it has impact on the turn radius - and not just a minor impact...

Orgasmic Interception.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 11:19:50 AM »
What's the stall limiter? New feature?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »
I don't mean to sound confusing tequila, but what I was getting at i guess, is when i climb and do a loop over in a 38 i kick the auto trim off and turn the elevators all the way up. If the controls are limited by the stall limiter will it affect how far I can turn said controls, hence making the loop wider instead of tighter
Lighten up Francis

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 11:52:27 AM »
OFF

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 12:01:15 PM »
Thanks for the great replys.....off it is...off to TA now
Lighten up Francis

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Good BnZ'ers,  those that rope effectively,  absolutely must have the stall limiter off in order to hang long enough in those close ropes.  Your statement is inaccurate as it only applies to BnZ'ers who shoot and scoot, not to those who bait and rope.

:aok  Correct.  

And a good BnZer most certainly can tell if limiter is engaged or not. :rolleyes:
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
I fly with the stall limiter on.  I know alot of the really good players swear by playing with it off, and I'll probably only get so far by leaving it on...but thats how I do it.

The way I see it when flying a cartoon airplane, you really don't experience the actual sensations a real world pilot would have.  You would 'feel' the deceleration, know you had to kick rudder to flip over and you would be flying one type of airlpane that you would get to know much better.

In this game flying all sorts of planes, and not wanting to keep a close eye on instrument flying, I just leave it on.  I find when I don't I just end up in a vertical stall and can't recover.

Plus in vertical stalls, I find applying opposite rudder and putting the nose down (the real world way of coming out of a spin) doesn't seem to work for me with stall limiter off.  dunno.

Why learn how to fly when you could be capturing TT!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 12:22:47 PM »
I fly all P38s in the game and I suggest OFF. The ability to stall in a 38 is a necessity to be a good pilot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
I fly with it on :) well did till 2 weeks ago personally i don't see that big of difference

Come to the TA some evening and I will show you the difference by simply flying a left-handed lufbery circle. You can start on my 6. In about 6 turns, I'll be on your 6.

In a knife fight between equal pilots flying the same aircraft, the one with stall limiter off will win.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Stall limiter
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 12:55:15 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Come to the TA some evening and I will show you the difference by simply flying a left-handed lufbery circle. You can start on my 6. In about 6 turns, I'll be on your 6.

In a knife fight between equal pilots flying the same aircraft, the one with stall limiter off will win.

My regards,

Widewing

That sums it up.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -