Author Topic: Perk system is weird...  (Read 580 times)

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
Perk system is weird...
« on: March 02, 2007, 05:19:17 PM »
I took a formation of Lancs off...
Before the flight the cost of one lanc was 17 perks.

I did the following ride:

bombing vh and cv with lancs

Got one VH and one CV bombed.

And...got also some unpleasant news...:

A screenshot in hangar after that run...

Good hits had become a loss for me....weird! Isīnt it?

My calculation shows, I have lost 3x17 perks plus those bonuses from good hits....about, loosing 40-50 perks.

HTC calculations shows, I have lost 137.52 perks...

On my mind, I think, Itīs mad! Itīs totally unfair!

____

Iīm not whining...or, if u think so, OK. I`m whining a little;-)

I dont do a hell with my perks....I love them, I use them, I loose them...and life goes on.;)

But, there must be some sense and logic to earn and loose them.

Nowadays, earning and loosing perks makes no sense. It seems to be a lottery.

HTC, Please! Correct the perk system!!!!
Make them fixed!!! And understandable!!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:30:41 PM by Zuum »
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 06:57:48 PM »
-
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:44:41 AM »
I think you lose your perks based on the population of the country at the time of the loss.

If you upped a formation of Lancs at 17 perks each then while you're flying the mission your country gains many players in population (then the perk price goes way up) you're going to pay that price when you get killed.

It's a very easy thing to have happen when you have only a few people on each country. The perk point swings are trememdous as people log in and out.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 07:48:48 AM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 01:26:56 AM »
HTC said multiple times, perk cost counts when you start flight, not when you die. But it not always equal numbers you see in hangar, because it dont refresh automatically.

Also rumors says, if you lose perked plane, all perks you collect during this flight add to you losses (i.e. you lose more perks if you kill somebody and die than if you die w/o kills).
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 02:19:13 AM »
Originally posted by Oleg
HTC said multiple times, perk cost counts when you start flight, not when you die. But it not always equal numbers you see in hangar, because it dont refresh automatically.

And in EW arena the perk multiplier can change very fast. Two or three people logging in/out or switching sides can affect perk cost heavily in a few seconds there.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 02:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
And in EW arena the perk multiplier can change very fast. Two or three people logging in/out or switching sides can affect perk cost heavily in a few seconds there.

Understand and agree with You 100 %!

Thatīs the most important point why I`m asking for fixed perks.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 02:49:44 AM »
Floating perk prices are good, dont need to fix them. All we need is message box "You are about to up plane which will cost you xxx perks. [Take off] / [Cancel]".
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »
Floating perk prices are good, dont need to fix them. All we need is message box "You are about to up plane which will cost you xxx perks. [Take off] / [Cancel]".

Yup that would be nice. I have accidently taken up a tempest and wondered why the tiffy was handling so well. :D
325th Checkertails

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 09:52:37 AM »
I had a friend come over and want to fly so I said take the spit XVI because the base was hot and getting vulched at the time.  I come back a little while later and he had lost over 150 perks by upping the XIV instead at a vulched base! :(

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 10:33:21 AM »
Also rumors says, if you lose perked plane, all perks you collect during this flight add to you losses (i.e. you lose more perks if you kill somebody and die than if you die w/o kills).

I used to be convinced this was the case, but in retrospect, I think I was simply not paying enough attention to how quickly the country numbers (and therefore perk multipliers) were changing. That's the only flaw I see with the system- they can change wildly, and the only way you can tell is if you lose a shload of perks 15 minutes later.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 03:42:50 PM »
What happens if you ditch perked plane in your land (i.e. not captured)? Will you loose any perks and how many?
Maya Angelou

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 07:30:32 PM »
I had a friend come over and want to fly so I said take the spit XVI because the base was hot and getting vulched at the time. I come back a little while later and he had lost over 150 perks by upping the XIV instead at a vulched base!

:rofl  no wonder i was OWNing skryock :rolleyes:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 12:35:12 AM »
What happens if you ditch perked plane in your land (i.e. not captured)? Will you loose any perks and how many?

You will lose perks, and if I recall correctly, it's half the price you paid.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Perk system is weird...
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 03:42:52 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
You will lose perks, and if I recall correctly, it's half the price you paid.

Thank you. Ditched spit9 in EA yesterday, lost ~1.5 hardly earned perks :lol Wondered is it ok or no. Guess i fly perked planes too rare :rolleyes:
Maya Angelou