Author Topic: "Map Keys" support for NumPad Ins Del  (Read 390 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
"Map Keys" support for NumPad Ins Del
« on: March 08, 2007, 10:34:41 PM »
I wish I could use AH "Map Keys" feature to re-map the functions associated with the "INS" and "DEL" buttons that are present on most numeric keypads. The existing facility allows me to map all of the other buttons on my numeric keypads, but not "INS" and "DEL".

Now that AH2 is running under LINUX, I expect to be using the AH "Map Keys" function instead of Windows-dependent keymapping utilities like Logitech's "Wingman Profile Editor".

Regards,

-Peabody-

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:50:25 PM »
Sherman, "I set the WayBack machine to 1943, Mr. Peabody.  What next...  Sorry, couldn't resist.

If I can do it, then anyone can...  and I am the title holder of "village idiot" in programming.  So, why can't you, or are ya going for my title?

Wait a minute here... wait a minute...!  Are you saying you have an independent numpad,  Something not built into the keyboard?  If so, then check with the makers website.  Mebbe they have a patch, or fix, or erata update to the manual.

:noid:D
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »
No.

I'm observing that the picture of the keyboard that AH2 offers when remapping OMITS two buttons that are normally on standard keyboards. Take a look at your standard keyboard. It has a "Numeric Keypad" area toward the right side. That area includes two buttons labelled "INS" and "DEL". Now compare that with the picture of the keyboard that AH2 offers within the "Map Keys" facility. Those two buttons are MISSING from that picture. As a result, they cannot be re-mapped like other keyboard buttons.

-Peabody-

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:59:31 PM »
Wait a minute. I guess I'm challenging for the position of "Village Idiot". I see that most folks refer to those buttons as "0" and "."

They ARE on the diagram and CAN be remapped.

My bad....

Duh....

-Peabody-

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 08:18:22 AM »
:D

I reset the Wayback machine again, Mr Peabody
:aok
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!