Author Topic: Arena settings vary pretty weird  (Read 818 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Arena settings vary pretty weird
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 04:01:53 PM »
Originally posted by thndregg
This company feels that one arena promotes an "unhealthy environnment", while games such as EVE Online seem to demonstrate that 30,000 people in one arena presents relatively little difficulty.

Apples and oranges.  They are two different games, the only comparison they share is that they are both MMO's. Other than that any comparison as to the game mechanics or set up of Eve is irrelevant to Aces High.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 06:42:02 AM »
Sunday afternoon (late) most of my squad (68th) was in LW Blue...I got booted (again) and come back and it's 370/320.

I go piddle around in MW for a half hour and come back and it's 325 of 320.

About another half hour later it's 320/320....so I keep bobbing in and out of MW to check the numbers and like two minutes later it's 323/320.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?????????

People are able to get IN to an overloaded arena after it has gone down to saturation?

I'd LOVE to hear the answer to that one.

(Unable to fly with squaddies for over 2 hours because of arena caps)

68ROX

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 06:53:36 AM »
Originally posted by 68ROX
Sunday afternoon (late) most of my squad (68th) was in LW Blue...I got booted (again) and come back and it's 370/320.

I go piddle around in MW for a half hour and come back and it's 325 of 320.

About another half hour later it's 320/320....so I keep bobbing in and out of MW to check the numbers and like two minutes later it's 323/320.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?????????

I think it goes like this:

Cap sinks down to 319/320. This very moment 4 people log onto the server at HTC (which as we know is not the one the arenas are hosted on). Each of them gets this 319/320 on his screen and thus is able to get  into LW Blue.
You log into HTC server, sever checks status of the arenas and tells you: 323/320 for LW Blue now.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »
¤%&#"&....

No words, just a screenshot...

http://www.rubricum.com/files/ridiculous2.jpg

This is really ridiculous!!! Possibly the most popular arena is limited to 120 players:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  at the best "Prime-time" in Europe.

And the arena substituting that is limited to 170 players...

Woohoo...there must have been really massive hording that has insulted someone!!!!

Simultaneously and surprisingly, there are almost 350 free slots at each Early war arenas. That really looks like "Big Brother" is supervising, guiding and leading our behaviour in this game...That sign is almost a wish that AH-players do behave as the flock of sheep.

Ugh, Zuum (The most greatest whiner of all times) has spoken!:rofl :aok
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:58:02 PM by Zuum »
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 10:27:26 PM »
Originally posted by Zuum
That really looks like "Big Brother" is supervising, guiding and leading our behaviour in this game...

That, actually, is exactly the point.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 08:00:43 AM »
Amen to that!
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"