Author Topic: |Landed not Ditch  (Read 430 times)

Offline Hazzer

• Copper Member
      • Fleetwood town F.C. Cod Army
|Landed not Ditch
« on: March 13, 2007, 06:33:42 AM »
I Landed 3 kills last night after ditching on a field we had just taken - that is,I wasn't on concrete due to damage - I thought I had to be on concrete,is this a bug or am I just a lucky B*****d.
"I murmured that I had no Shoes,till I met a man that had no Feet."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
|Landed not Ditch
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:48:54 AM »
Plane or tank?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline manurin

• Nickel Member
|Landed not Ditch
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 06:58:04 AM »
sounds like he was on a plane, didn't you?  if it's the case it sound like yes you re a lucky one   :aok
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: |Landed not Ditch
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:36:26 AM »
Originally posted by Hazzer
I Landed 3 kills last night after ditching on a field we had just taken - that is,I wasn't on concrete due to damage - I thought I had to be on concrete,is this a bug or am I just a lucky B*****d.

Lucky bugger....tis a bug.  

I have been inside enemy dar circle and shot down so I bailed even though enemy bullets were still hitting my plane.  The plane blew up boom, as I hit third enter and guess what ?  Lynx landed 4 victories...tis a bug.

This whole ditch thing on your field debates is a case of of 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.  Swings and round abouts friends.

Lost count how many times Ive landed with 1 gear shot off and been given safe landing.  Even though in real life I'd be lucky to walk away after cart wheels and nose overs.  Lost count the amount of time I've landed belly in even though it's really a ditch.  Get safe landings for that to.  Lost count of how many times I've landed in with 1/2 a wing and been given safe landing even though the gears given way keeping it straight on the runway.  F4's prone to gear collapse when you land to fast.   All ditches really.

Once I was on that little bit of grass between the runway and re-arm pad and ran out of fuel with 8 kills.  In external the planes nose was just over first bit of concrete.  So near but yet so far and you guessed it, a bloody ditch.  Very disappointing as there was no damage and 8 kill under my belt but the 8 kills are nothing to all the "safe" victories I've landed for reasons stated above.  Swings and round abouts,  swings and round abouts.

I'll bet everyone of us has gone "phew made it" at some time or other.  Especially those 262 snapped off wing landings.  Am I right  :aok

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
|Landed not Ditch
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 11:38:20 AM »
I was fighting off an AC a few weeks ago and got shot down. As I hit the water....

SYSTEM: #### Shot you down
SYSTEM: You have landed successfully
SYSTEM: TinmanX Landed 3 kills

T'was odd.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline PuckIt

• Copper Member
      • http://www.dfa-squad.org
|Landed not Ditch
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 01:03:10 PM »
I have not done it in a while, but I  used to land on the grass at ports in a plane and get You have landed successfully. Don't recall landing kills, but I assume it works to.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
|Landed not Ditch
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 01:04:28 PM »
Originally posted by PuckIt
I have not done it in a while, but I  used to land on the grass at ports in a plane and get You have landed successfully. Don't recall landing kills, but I assume it works to.

It works. You can land anywhere on a port, just as if it was on concrete.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
|Landed not Ditch
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 01:28:21 PM »
Originally posted by TinmanX
I was fighting off an AC a few weeks ago and got shot down. As I hit the water....

SYSTEM: #### Shot you down
SYSTEM: You have landed successfully
SYSTEM: TinmanX Landed 3 kills

T'was odd.

Did you actually have 3 kills in THAT sortie?  The killed/landed kills thing has been happening forever.  I was once told that it is a glitch where you land a sortie and don't recieve credit for some reason, then at the end of your next sortie it finally gives you credit.