Author Topic: 38 Wing bug  (Read 450 times)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
38 Wing bug
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »
I was trying to land a wounded bird, having to hold hard right and rudder to compensate for missing a wing (you all know what im talking about) and I go to look left, and my wing is still there.

Here is a screenshot of the damage list and my wing.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
38 Wing bug
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
By chance I duplicated this wing bug, it's possible that it might be a skin issue. I'm using Raptors 475th skin. I took a film this time, I figured HTC might be able to look more into it that way.

Heres a link to the film

In the film, my wing is showing intact as it is in the game. But of course, it handles like a one winged bird and the damage list shows that it should be gone. I also happened to be flying with ghosth I did a pass by him, and he said on his front end that the wing was in fact gone.

It's weird.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
38 Wing bug
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 11:05:52 AM »
There are multiple possibilities that I have encountered. Such as the F4U's, you actually lose your aileron, not the entirety of the wing, yet it still handles as if you lost half a wing. And I noticed this on the P-38 too, once you lose half a wing, it doesn't seem to be gone. Another reason I encountered could be that at a distance of 300 feet or further away (At my graphics settings) the wing appears whole again, yet closer than 300 it's not there.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
38 Wing bug
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 04:52:16 PM »
Well that would be fine, but the damage indicator indicates I have no left wing (which is what the controls indicate) however, graphicly it's still there.

And since this is an old post that didn't seem to get much attention, thought I would bump it up again, would like to mention haven't flown the L much lately, been the J and G and haven't replicated this for the third time.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
38 Wing bug
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 05:49:25 PM »
I've had it happen before on both wings. It's a bug of some sort.

Been around for a long time, too.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
38 Wing bug
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 08:06:02 AM »

see the difference?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
38 Wing bug
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 09:14:40 AM »
Well something's up with it, like when the 190s were redone and the wingtip looked chopped off, so they redid the wingtip to make it look round again. They need to redo the "missing" wing so it looks missing from the cockpit.

You're missing 1/3 your entire wingspan on that wing, and the only difference is 5 pixels? Doesn't seem right. Hell it even LOOKS rounded like a normal wingtip!