Author Topic: Karelia - setup starting on the 30th  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Karelia - setup starting on the 30th
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:08:59 PM »
Axis vs Allies: KARELIA

Finland and Germany against Soviet Union.

ALLIES - Soviet Union
Soviet Union:
Boston III
C-47
HurriIIc
Il-2
La-5FN
M-16, M-3
P-40E
T-34
Yak-9T

AXIS - Finland & Germany:
Brewster (sub FM2)
109E4, F4, G2, G6
110C4-b, 110G-2
C-47
Hurri1
Ju-87
Ju-88
M-16, M-3
Panzer IVH

----------------------------------------

Capture requires 20 troops, ack is at .25
Killshooter on

Here's the map (although I'm not yet certain where I'll put the front lines):
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

VWE

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »
Shouldn't this be labeled 'Post Axis vs. Future Axis'?

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 04:54:29 AM »
Wow that's a big map!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »
Originally posted by Trukk
Wow that's a big map!

Looks like a small map just alot of bases. Which might be a problem with puff ack. You get to many bases in a small space and ack setting to high you get super flack.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »
I guess it's because of all the detail on it.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Object Respawn Time?
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
Thanks again Panzer and AvA staff for bringing us beautiful maps and setups.  I am concerned about the omission of object respawn time, however.  In the last two maps, field ack regenerates instantly.:huh   Although, I have been told this is the intentional setup, I find it hard to believe.:confused:  

Yet, there we have it, "base captures 20 troops" ..... are they bullet proof?:eek:   As the CO for 1st SSF ~Devil Rays~, I want this explained to me so that I have it straight when attempting to organize squad operations.  How is it that we are supposed to capture bases?  (Real slowly, please). :noid

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 06:33:27 PM »
I think  30 T34/76's and 4 C-47's should do.

WE NEED TO RECRUIT FASTER!!!!:O

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »
Base capture is abused thus leading to us to make it next to impossible at time to do it. If left unchecked score seeking milk runners will capture the entire map for the reset. This then leaves the arena porked until it can be reset by a staffer. Staffers are not always available to fix the problem in a timely manner. Usually Murphys law sets in and the arena will remained unplayable for several hours or even a day.

Base capture can have a place in the AvA with out a doubt and used as a planned mission can lead to some good action. That being said the score seekers can smell out when the settings are prime for a milkfest and will milk away like a swarm of locusts until the arena is ruined for those who come there to actually fight.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 01:19:27 AM »
slash is a buttmuncher:p :rofl :aok

how ya doing slash
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Thanks Slash, but punishing the masses for a few?
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 07:13:45 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Base capture is abused thus leading to us to make it next to impossible at time to do it. If left unchecked score seeking milk runners will capture the entire map for the reset.  

Thank you Slash for your explanation.:aok   Now, go and take a look at who is in the Axis Versus Arena right now.   1 maybe 2 people.  Does this tell you something?  :(

I must insist that if this IS your case, you have found a much too simple solution for one problem and have created others.  I really like what I see as huge potential for this arena.  It has been dumbed down to an elementary school playground, complete with playground rules.  (If anyone abuses his priveliges, priveliges of all will be lost):(

Too often a few individuals take away from the intentions of  the masses.  Who is to blame?  If individuals do not have social skills that is sad for them.  If we are to be held accountable for their deeds, that is sad for all of us.  

Of course, no one has to agree with me.  I am only one voice, but one that is more than just a little disgusted with the way MY fun is being sucked away.  

:(

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 08:26:08 AM »
Setup is now done, capture requires 20 troops (2 M3's or 2 C47's), downtimes are set at AH default (not sure whether those are MA values?). If something's wrong, let me know.

Allies - bishops
Axis - knights

Enjoy!
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
slash is a buttmuncher:p :rofl :aok

how ya doing slash

Heya TK, we were just talking about you. It was all good I swear.:D

Good to see you

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Thanks Slash, but punishing the masses for a few?
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »
Originally posted by Chilli
Thank you Slash for your explanation.:aok   Now, go and take a look at who is in the Axis Versus Arena right now.   1 maybe 2 people.  Does this tell you something?  :(

Yes, its early and numbers are much lower than the evenings.

I must insist that if this IS your case, you have found a much too simple solution for one problem and have created others.  I really like what I see as huge potential for this arena.  It has been dumbed down to an elementary school playground, complete with playground rules.  (If anyone abuses his priveliges, priveliges of all will be lost):(

Too often a few individuals take away from the intentions of  the masses.  Who is to blame?  If individuals do not have social skills that is sad for them.  If we are to be held accountable for their deeds, that is sad for all of us.  

Sucks doesnt it? But what is your solution? The arena can not be monitored 24/7 by the staff. Its not a situation like in the SEA where things ran by the rules and vilotors are delt with almost instantly so as not to take away from the masses enjoyment. Time and time and time again, people have insisted on capturing the entire map, porking HQs, setting fleets on courses to take them out of action for hours, etc,ect. I think any player suffering for others disrespect and apathy towards others is crap and takes away from the arena. But again, whats the solution?

Of course, no one has to agree with me.  I am only one voice, but one that is more than just a little disgusted with the way MY fun is being sucked away.  

:(

Dont think your frustration has not been felt by others in the AvA including those on the staff. We are players first. But let me ask you this Chilli, is it the base taking settings only thats bothering you or the stance on base taking from the staff? If you want to take undefended bases with settings like the MA you are barking up the wrong tree.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Heya TK, we were just talking about you. It was all good I swear.:D

Good to see you

Sheesh Slash your nose just got longer.:confused:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
You can take bases in AVA with a well coordinated attack and teamwork.   Not much interested in it though as those red guys have lousy booze and ugly sheep :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute