Author Topic: "Don't Move Your Controls Too Quickly"  (Read 282 times)

Offline gcheesman

• Zinc Member
"Don't Move Your Controls Too Quickly"
« on: December 21, 2001, 07:11:00 AM »
Been getting shot down in AH for about a month (came from AW), and am using a usoft Sidewinder FF Pro.

I keep getting the "Don't move your controls too quickly" message, followed by frozen stick for 5-10 sec.

I've tried re-calibrating before taking off, while flying, immed. after getting the msg, etc., but it doesn't help. Fooling around with the dead band & damping didn;t make any difference either.

It only seems to happen when manuevering "briskly".

Questions:
Does anybody know what it is that the game is detecting that is causing the message, and is it possible for this to occur (potentially) with any joystick?

Maybe it's the joystick drivers or setup?

Maybe it's the joystick (should I get a different one)?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,
Guy

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 07:29:00 AM »
It only seems to happen when manuevering "briskly".

Hope this doesn't come across as being a smart arse, but the above quote is your problem. It stops the stick stirring that used to be so prevalent.

Offline Dartman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 10:56:00 AM »
I had exactly the same problem with the same stick.  I only got rid of it after specifically detuning the rudder portion of the stick.  When using rudder to turn it seemed to start slow then accelerate thru the range causing the msg of death.  Hope this helps.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
Digital sticks are very sensitive. Thats why Force Feedback comes to the rescue!

Set your FF slider in AH to 70%. You will never get that message again (if it IS in fact you moving the stick too fast).

Otherwise, try plugging it in another USB port, the one you're using may be screwy.