Author Topic: Colliding  (Read 164 times)

Offline kil0

• Zinc Member
Colliding
« on: March 30, 2007, 03:58:24 AM »
what decides who lives and dies when you collide i mean somebody crashes into ME and I die and  they keep going like nothing happened
it seems it happens more and more. its like the knights are trained to do it.
can somebody fill me in

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Colliding
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 04:29:42 AM »
Collisions happen on players' front ends, one might see the collision while the other flies 200 yards away. Do a search for collision here (I suppose general discussion would be the correct forum), you'll see it explained.

And a fitting quote, "Fault always lies with the pilot of your plane. It's your job to avoid contact with all objects in the air - Bullets, bombs, rockets and planes included." -- Boozer
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Colliding
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 04:36:33 AM »
Nothing decides it.
First you have to recognice that what you see on your screen is not the same what your enemy sees on his screen. As the data takes some time to travel from yours computer to his computer (and vice versa) there are two different "realities" on each computer. So it is indeed possible that you may collide with him on your Front End (=what you see on your computer) while he does not collide with you on his FE. And of course he may collide with you without any collision happening on your screen, in this case you don`t get any damage.

Two popular myths:

"He rammed me" - actually quite difficult to do. To deliberately ram another fighter you have to correctly guess your enemies & your own position on HIS FE. Quite difficult ;)

"I get punished for a good connection without any lag" - Everybody has lag. Lag is not the same as warping. Some people do have only about 25ms lag, others 300 or more. And you don`t have any advantage / disadvantage by having more / less lag in regards to collision.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman