Author Topic: Spawning into hangers  (Read 2207 times)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 02:20:19 PM »
Originally posted by tzr
You mean he needs to get better at spawn camping:huh

It's a start...... Then he can become one of us skill less dweebs that wreck the game.

:lol
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:24:27 PM by BigPlay »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 02:29:28 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Well gee isn't this a fun thread? Spawn campers are bad!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAA:cry :cry :cry

Like in the real war no tank EVER fired from a hidden position or parked where it had a commanding view of the enemy's aproach route.

Ambush is the only way to fight a ground war and you use evey available advantage you can to stay alive.

Such is life. I'll camp an area all day long if I'm in a good spot to kill red guys.:aok

Firering from a hidden position isn't what we are talking about...well not what Im talking about. In most cases if you fire from there I'll have a chance at defending myself.... well maybe not if its an LTAR, those guys are deadly  :) There is the challange of surviving,  finding the enemy, ranging, and getting off a shot or two.

In the case of a spawn camp you don't stand a chance. People only get me once in a spawn camp, I just don't up again, and most times warn about the campers hoping to spoil there fun by stopping others from upping.

As to my skill in a GV your right, I'm not real good, spend very little time in them, mostly because there is no fun in getting blown-up before my engine gets started. On the other hand, if a GV couldn't fire its main gun with in rage of a spawn, I think you might see more GVers running around.

But like I said, if you need the kill count so bad, go for it, but you'll only get me once  ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:37:55 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 03:02:53 PM »
For every 1 guy that sneaks into an enemy hanger there is an entire side that let him.

Base flashing?  Better go look.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 03:21:42 PM »
I up in camped hangers. Just recently I dropped supplies to two enemy Tigers camping my hanger after I tracked one and smoked the other just so I could kill them all over again.

It's fun and as the phrase goes; "It's my $15"
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 03:43:58 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Firering from a hidden position isn't what we are talking about...well not what Im talking about. In most cases if you fire from there I'll have a chance at defending myself.... well maybe not if its an LTAR, those guys are deadly  :) There is the challange of surviving,  finding the enemy, ranging, and getting off a shot or two.

In the case of a spawn camp you don't stand a chance. People only get me once in a spawn camp, I just don't up again, and most times warn about the campers hoping to spoil there fun by stopping others from upping.

As to my skill in a GV your right, I'm not real good, spend very little time in them, mostly because there is no fun in getting blown-up before my engine gets started. On the other hand, if a GV couldn't fire its main gun with in rage of a spawn, I think you might see more GVers running around.

But like I said, if you need the kill count so bad, go for it, but you'll only get me once  ;)

Who doesn't want more kills...... , but needing them is another thing. I don't need more kills in order to have fun, killing people is fun and kill count is a biproduct of killing people. There would be no point in hanger camping if nobody upped but people still do, is that ruining the game ? It is part of taking a Vbase . If you dont want you CV sunk, then have a cap over it, but most don't and end up complaining about people that sink their CV. If you don't want you hanger camped then protect it. Like I said vulching a capped base is the same thing and everyone knows that the 475th can cap and vulch a base better than anyone. I'm not complaining  that it wrecks the game, I understand it's part of it. Trust me when I tell you that spawn camping in TT isn't keeping people out of TT. That place is swarming with fresh meat. If you don't like spawn campers in TT than make the long drive to TT from your Vbase. Improvise your tactics to deal with it. Just like I would concerning a capped field.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:17:51 PM by BigPlay »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 04:04:04 PM »
Not everyone in the 475th vulches, I can't speak for everyone else, but its not what I go looking for, tho if the opportunity arises  :)

I'm out for the "fight" there is nothing better than fighting a guy 1 vs 1 at 10k working for the angel, that one shot thats going to down your foe.

Of course you'll never know that feeling as you sit there spawn camping and take the biggest part of the fight out of the equation, the chance to loose.

To me the kills are unimportant, its the trill of the fight, but to you that "total" has to look good on the score board so you spawn camp. Good luck ! I hope you top the score chart some day !

does anyone know where the score pages are ???     :huh

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 04:40:45 PM »
Dude, I said I spawn camp vhangers to secure the hangers on a base take. They are not undefended. I generally have to fight my way to them. It isn't a matter of just rolling into a hanger to get kills, it's to secure the hangers from enemy spawning GV's. IT"S ABOUT TAKING A BASE ,  not getting kills. If you read my posts I explained that from the start. It's about giving a goon a chance to get in unmolested from other GV's. I fight plenty of foes 1 on 1. I have been in many GV battles where the enemy has camped our spawn and I have had to fight all the way to the hangers, many times killing the same guy more than once and many times getting killed.

I can't help to explain it any easier . If you can't wrap your brain around the concept, sorry. Think whatever you want but don't start calling people score mongers when you don't understand GVing. It is simply a tactic for success, that's it. Ew is very diferent from LW so unless you GV and do it in EW don't go making asumptions about one's motives. I don't tell you how to fly a P-38 do I ? That's because you know how to and I don't. So don't try to tell me what I do is lame or skill less. You would be one of the last to know.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 04:45:13 PM »
Of course you'll never know that feeling as you sit there spawn camping and take the biggest part of the fight out of the equation, the chance to loose.

To me the kills are unimportant, its the trill of the fight, but to you that "total" has to look good on the score board so you spawn camp. Good luck ! I hope you top the score chart some day !

Ohhhhh.  You almost had me.  I had a nice quip typed before I realized that this had to be a troll.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 04:50:34 PM »
Not everyone in the 475th vulches, I can't speak for everyone else, but its not what I go looking for, tho if the opportunity arises  :)

I'm out for the "fight" there is nothing better than fighting a guy 1 vs 1 at 10k working for the angel, that one shot thats going to down your foe.

does anyone know where the score pages are ???     :huh

I'm #2!, I'm #2!, I'm #2!

Oh, wait... that was last week.

Nevermind.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 05:19:33 PM »
too too funny... someone camping a spawn and thinking they need to defend their reputation because someone else says they spawn into their hangar.

What reputation  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 05:23:08 PM »
"Who doesn't want more kills...... , but needing them is another thing. I don't need more kills in order to have fun, killing people is fun and kill count is a biproduct of killing people. There would be no point in hanger camping if nobody upped but people still do, is that ruining the game ? It is part of taking a Vbase . If you dont want you CV sunk, then have a cap over it, but most don't and end up complaining about people that sink their CV. If you don't want you hanger camped then protect it. Like I said vulching a capped base is the same thing and everyone knows that the 475th can cap and vulch a base better than anyone. I'm not complaining that it wrecks the game, I understand it's part of it. Trust me when I tell you that spawn camping in TT isn't keeping people out of TT. That place is swarming with fresh meat. If you don't like spawn campers in TT than make the long drive to TT from your Vbase. Improvise your tactics to deal with it. Just like I would concerning a capped field."

Offline allmetal

• Nickel Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 05:30:17 PM »
what an idiot.......don`t even know when he`s being insulted.:lol

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »
LOL!! Dude, your the one getting all "prissy" here. Let me ask you this... you can't defend a VH from outside the hanger? Why? is that against some EW arena rule I missed?

Face it, your gaming the game, spawn camping and hiding in an enemy hanger to kill spawning defenders is not a tactic, its just dweebery.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Spawning into hangers
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 07:28:26 PM »
Oh I don't know....if I can get inside a hanger and then blow them away as soon as they spawn, I'm all over it. You want to know why???

Read my sig.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

storch

Spawning into hangers
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 06:59:32 AM »
Its nice to see that people admit to this supidity....parking in enemy hangers. If your that hard up for kills, more power to ya. I suppose its your $15.  :(

Learn some skills ! WWIIOL has a great tank war.... well they did a while back when I did give them a try. I spend most of my time in fighters looking for fights. On the other hand, if the spawn camping and hiding in enemy hangers wasn't possible I think running GV battle would be a blast here!

Help clean up the spawn camping and cheap play and it could be more fun for a lot more people.
it's a squad full of the most clueless and skilless players in the game.  this is how they attain a low score.  when they do get up the nerve to actually fly they up in hurricanes and circle their ack.  they are the future BoPs, and as such are equally gamey.  but it is their $14.95 so there you have it.  I forgot this part.  when you kill them enough times and if they have sufficient numbers on they .report you as well.  it's part of their training to become future BoPs.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:07:58 AM by storch »