Author Topic: good grief  (Read 2843 times)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Re: good grief
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 03:59:36 AM »
Originally posted by KingSix
:cry
:lol What are you 12? I hope so for your sake.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 04:29:46 AM »
way to go people, vote in a bomber that is basically useless. ya it has some good guns, but cant carry a large enough bomb load. we need another good sturdy fighter. but what do we do? vote in another bomber?? we could have used the P-39.... sheesh what were you people thinking?

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
good grief
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 07:42:54 AM »
Yeah, what do the people who have been years know...compared to
your weeks of experience :rolleyes:
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 09:08:04 AM »
but what do we do? vote in another bomber?? we could have used the P-39.... sheesh what were you people thinking?

What you mean WE, Kimmosabe?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 09:43:53 AM »
we could have used the P-39.... sheesh what were you people thinking?

I voted for the P-39 too, I did not against Toads father, but because I like the plane. Plus I would have liked it for Eskimo as well, whose father in law flew the P-39.

The way I see it, no matter which aircraft won. It was a good thing for the community and for a couple of well respected guys who have been around this sim and  WB's for a long time. Too bad both couldn't win, but this whole election process was a positive. It's time to put the hankys away , and quit crying over what we didn't get and be glad we're getting a new bird in lineup.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
good grief
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 10:08:59 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Just to allow Toad's dad the chance to sit in Quitch and fly it again, was enough reason for me to have voted for the B-25.

ack-ack

That was what got my vote.

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
good grief
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 10:32:07 AM »
Just think, now you can land a B-25 on the CV, and recreate the Doolittle raid! :lol

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
good grief
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 10:35:07 AM »
I voted for the B25 as a good target, and not something ill fly that much :)  The P39 would have been a moving target, and those are harder to hit.

Offline Bingolong

• Copper Member
good grief
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 10:50:33 AM »
"When John J. Nolan gets a chance to fly "Quitch" again I'm sure he'll have countless others like Lt. Nirdlinger and his crew riding shotgun."

Are any of these men of his crew around? If so, is he (Mr.Nolan) in touch with any of them?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
good grief
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Just to allow Toad's dad the chance to sit in Quitch and fly it again, was enough reason for me to have voted for the B-25.

ack-ack

Same here!
:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline RacrX

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motrx
good grief
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 11:21:58 AM »
B-25 is a more logical choice as far as historical impact. I would like to see ALL of the choices eventually come into the game. I wasted 1st round vote on the ME 410 ;)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
good grief
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 11:24:40 AM »
Originally posted by RacrX
B-25 is a more logical choice as far as historical impact. I would like to see ALL of the choices eventually come into the game. I wasted 1st round vote on the ME 410 ;)

Don't worry, used 3 rounds on the A26
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
good grief
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 11:57:07 AM »
<------Voted B-25 Every round.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
good grief
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 11:59:46 AM »
<<---------Has never voted for Sanjia

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
good grief
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
I have been one of the most vocal and long term supporters of the P-39, it has extra personal value to me since I live with an Aircobra pilot.  That being said, I don’t dismiss the B-25 as a worthy plane to model next.  It has a heck of a history, variants, rolls, theaters, production numbers, fame, it even looks pretty cool.  In the game it will fill a void; the A-20 is just too pathetic and the B-26 is just too fast and survivable.  It also may shut up a few who whine about NOE attack bombers and anti shipping bombers; it is appropriate in those roles.  The B-25 is a great canvas for skinners.  I’m glad that the B-25 won over the A-26; AHII has plenty of uber.

Most importantly, however, the B-25 won the vote.  There surely must have been plenty of players who voted for the B-25 and didn’t know much about it.  Likewise, I’m sure there surely must have been plenty of players who voted for the P-39 and didn’t know much about it as well.  The fact that a bomber won a vote in a sim that is centered around fighter combat says many things; mostly that many players do value and like bombers and want more choices.  Even if you don’t fly bombers, you have to admit, they are fun to shoot up.

Keep in mind that 77% of the players did not get their first choice; 9 other planes were supported for a variety of valid reasons.