Author Topic: Horde Mentality  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Horde Mentality
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 01:46:38 PM »
Originally posted by Fulmar
 Many of times I've been shot down and then realize after the fight I had left my tank on.

I hate when I do that.  :D
325th Checkertails

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 01:53:01 PM »
I can understand the frustration.  109F4 and K4 are my two favorite birds.  I have found that it is necessary to change tactics to defeat the "Horde Mentality" and it usually starts with a little extra patience and fuel.  Nowadays i roll my K4 with 100fuel and sometimes a drop tank depending on the time that i have or what i am anticipating.  If i see the "horde" coming towards a base, for example a cv near a base, ill up my k4 and grab alt and just pick them off, because what else can you do?  Dive in and turn with them?  Oh yeah that's happening.  Other times ill come across that rare 1v1 pilot who I don't know if he is good but soon find out when he doesn't decide to shoot at me from d800, those make it worth it.  The only disadvantage with that is you have an incredible amount of fuel onboard that limits the abilities of the 109, but it's still fun.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 01:53:50 PM »
I like geting ganged by 3-4 noobs then pwning them......... it makes me feel good about myself:cool: :aok

Also I hate being in a great 1v1 jsut to see a high lghay or spitdweeb drop in and pick me:mad:

Edit:
MAs = Dweebs
AvA = good fights
TA  =  where most MAers need to go:p
DA  =  I r l33t ull n3v3r b34t m3 ppl
SEA = good fights
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 01:56:52 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Horde Mentality
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 02:30:54 PM »
Originally posted by storch
it bears repeating.  the MA is the place where people will pork the stationary and flee from anything that moves.  players such as akak, sehob, grim, kev367 and others of their ilk such as every BoP are just not fun to play against because they suck.  they hang out in hordes or in the ack or in the akakosphere or any two of the former.  but it's their $14.95 so they can be light on the loafers if they so choose.

Translation:

Those that I named are the ones that always kick my arse and I'm at a loss to explain how they do it.  So I'll go on the forums and call them cherry pickers and so forth to minimize the impact their continuous arse kicking have dealt to my fragile ego.  I'll make up lies and say these guys cherry pick me, gang me, vulch me or anything else my little bitty mind can think of to try and paint these players in a bad light so people will say, "Gee, storchita, you are a really good pilot, too bad these guys had to shoot you down like that."  Despite the fact that someone like AKAK who has repeatedly kicked my arse in the DA when I've gotten a case of the extreme stupids and challenged him to the DA (boy, my ego is still bruised from those last two forays to the DA).  I'll keep repeating how much these guys suck to the point where I start to believe it myself despite the fact that anyone that has ever fought against me knows how badly I suck and all I have are my idiotic rants and whines on Channel 200 when I inevitably get my arse handed to me.  Now, I'm off to the AvA to bully some players and get my arse kicked.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 03:03:50 PM »
Fly the P40E. People come to you instead of running.

~AoM~

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 03:05:40 PM »
Or, ping a friendly so you start smoking. It's like chumming for sharks- everyone and their wingman will drop everything to descend in mass upon an already damaged plane.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 03:11:16 PM »
Amazes me how some "adults" can act towards a game.   Oh well.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline zlehmann

• Zinc Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 03:28:14 PM »
ok i havent been playing for very long but i have to disagree with everything said so far. everytime i jump into a game im constantly amazed at how willing people are to just go head to head with me. even when theyre already beaten up and i have a clear energy advantage and theyre still pointing their nose right at me! (granted they dont last long and i love watching those fireballs crash into the ocean)

just the other night i was scouting out an enemy base and started tailing a 262 when i noticed his friend on my tail. turned out there were 3 of them all spawned at that base just to get me. I ended up downing 2 of them but the 262 got away :cry

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 03:37:16 PM »
Originally posted by zlehmann
ok i havent been playing for very long but i have to disagree with everything said so far. everytime i jump into a game im constantly amazed at how willing people are to just go head to head with me. even when theyre already beaten up and i have a clear energy advantage and theyre still pointing their nose right at me! (granted they dont last long and i love watching those fireballs crash into the ocean)

just the other night i was scouting out an enemy base and started tailing a 262 when i noticed his friend on my tail. turned out there were 3 of them all spawned at that base just to get me. I ended up downing 2 of them but the 262 got away :cry
:huh

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Horde Mentality
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 03:55:05 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Fly the P40E. People come to you instead of running.

LOL so true.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 04:01:51 PM »
Originally posted by storch
it bears repeating.  the MA is the place where people will pork the stationary and flee from anything that moves.  players such as akak, sehob, grim, kev367 and others of their ilk such as every BoP are just not fun to play against because they suck.  they hang out in hordes or in the ack or in the akakosphere or any two of the former.  but it's their $14.95 so they can be light on the loafers if they so choose.

Piffle.

:aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 04:04:31 PM »
Somehow, newbs have been getting the blame for all the lameplay.  I constantly see vets ganging and running.  Apparently, their score or their virtual life is too valuable to risk being shot down testing their ability to fight!  

I usually use the tactic of hanging low to the side of a furball and "teasing" victims to pounce me.  More and more, this is just a flag to the gangers to head my way.  I had this con the other night come over to inspect and sure enough (me being the only dot over there) 4 of his buddies came along to jump in on the lone kill!  It does actually get humorous at times! :aok

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Horde Mentality
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Storch:

Bow down to His Royal Cryness!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Horde Mentality
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 04:15:54 PM »
Originally posted by republic
It seems as of late, no one wants to fight a 1v1

why don't you play one of those" first person shoter games", if you need soo much privacy?
1 vs 1, in a masssive multi arena with 400+players is like having xxx without a partner

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »
why don't you play one of those" first person shoter games", if you need soo much privacy?
1 vs 1, in a masssive multi arena with 400+players is like having xxx without a partner

At least he's looking for someone to fight with, unlike some people who'd rather prefer to fly within Armageddon-sized locust swarms and spend all their time hitting empty tool sheds and radio shacks.