Author Topic: Horde Mentality  (Read 4625 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 04:22:09 PM »
Originally posted by storch
it bears repeating.  the MA is the place where people will pork the stationary and flee from anything that moves.  players such as akak, sehob, grim, kev367 and others of their ilk such as every BoP are just not fun to play against because they suck.  they hang out in hordes or in the ack or in the akakosphere or any two of the former.  but it's their $14.95 so they can be light on the loafers if they so choose.

lolzomfg wtf happened to you since i've been gone.

that was teh funay.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
Ive flown with AKAK a bit in the main arena and, despite being the most venomous poo flinging monkey on the forums, he is not a pilot lacking in skill, experience or a will to fight impossible odds.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
Ive flown with AKAK a bit in the main arena and, despite being the most venomous poo flinging monkey on the forums, he is not a pilot lacking in skill, experience or a will to fight impossible odds.

Agreed.

- oldman (and I add that I think Storch is a pretty competent pilot, too)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Horde Mentality
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
why don't you play one of those" first person shoter games", if you need soo much privacy?
1 vs 1, in a masssive multi arena with 400+players is like having xxx without a partner

Uhhh....riiiight.  I don't think you understood my post.

I mean I want to see interesting fights...   Not like we have now where 15 players swarm 1 poor sap (when there are plenty of other cons around)...each of them shooting over the shoulder of the other trying to steal the kill...then when they do down the poor fella, they boast on vox as if they actually accomplished something worth boasting about.

Originally posted by ghi
Apparently, their score or their virtual life is too valuable to risk being shot down testing their ability to fight!

I've seen this too...I really don't understand why people work so hard for a good score....especially when it carries so little significance in representing actual skill.

But again...it's their $$ and if they want to spend it getting their name listed on the front page at the end of the tour...who am I to deny them that.  :rolleyes:
P-47 pilot

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2007, 05:36:18 PM »
akakosphere

that's the second time in a few days I've heard this.... funny stuff.

Ive flown with AKAK a bit in the main arena and, despite being the most venomous poo flinging monkey on the forums, he is not a pilot lacking in a will to fight impossible odds.

Huh, I've know AKAK for years. He comes in high, gets a kill or three, and dies once his E advantage is gone. Now, I'm not saying he isn't a good stick, once a 38 is low and slow it is a very appetizing target for the hordes.

I'm not sure about the venemous poo thing, lol. I know he's a racist but,  poo flinging...  hehehehehe.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2007, 05:47:41 PM »
I do not obey your silly rules.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2007, 06:05:41 PM »
ZOmg...

Its getting worse???

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2007, 06:44:42 PM »
Originally posted by storch
it bears repeating.  the MA is the place where people will pork the stationary and flee from anything that moves.  players such as akak, sehob, grim, kev367 and others of their ilk such as every BoP are just not fun to play against because they suck.  they hang out in hordes or in the ack or in the akakosphere or any two of the former.  but it's their $14.95 so they can be light on the loafers if they so choose.

Great to hear from ya again Storch!!!

Is that all you got???

What ever happened to the "ol" acerbic Storch we used to know and love??

Don,t tell me you,re losing your edge!!!!

Please, tell us how you really feel.

Adoringly yours,:D

Boner
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:47:33 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Horde Mentality
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2007, 06:48:25 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Huh, I've know AKAK for years. He comes in high, gets a kill or three, and dies once his E advantage is gone. Now, I'm not saying he isn't a good stick, once a 38 is low and slow it is a very appetizing target for the hordes.

If that's what you believe then you really don't know me or how I fly.  You've flown against me enough in AW and AH to know you're not telling the truth.  What you've described is more your flying style than mine.

I'm not sure about the venemous poo thing, lol. I know he's a racist but,  poo flinging...  hehehehehe.

Calling me a racist is a tad out of line and uncalled for.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Horde Mentality
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2007, 06:52:59 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
why don't you play one of those" first person shoter games", if you need soo much privacy?
1 vs 1, in a masssive multi arena with 400+players is like having xxx without a partner

Where's Fugitive's Movie, "The Vulchers"  when you need it!  That first part where they all start ranting about how they only got an assist in a 12 vs 1 is hilarious!!!!:aok

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

storch

Horde Mentality
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »
as we can clearly see our good friends the BoPs even horde on the BBS.  still I admire consistency and they are without a doubt a consistent bunch.

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2007, 08:03:25 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I'd like to just think it's a result of all the newer players we have lately, who don't have the same ideas regarding ettiquette, or the same level of skill as your average long term player. It seems they all just want a kill without getting slaughtered. However, I'd think they'd have a better chance trying to catch other noobs 1 vs 1, instead of competing with 8 countrymen for the assists, but whatever.

It isn't a result of the flux in new players.

Like xmarine said, they don't give a chit. It is a matter of self control, and most people flying do not have it.

Personally, I try to be conscious of the fact that there is another human flying that cartoon plane and how frustrating it is being on the receiving end of a 5v1.

Simple equation...

If you don't like it...don't do it.

And to the idea that if you do not like it go to the DA..

That's garbage. I suggest whoever is sporting that idea should go to the TA and learn how to fight.

And no. You don't know how to fight.

Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

storch

Horde Mentality
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2007, 08:31:58 PM »
Originally posted by Dadano

Like xmarine said, they don't give a chit. It is a matter of self control, and most people flying do not have it.

Personally, I try to be conscious of the fact that there is another human flying that cartoon plane and how frustrating it is being on the receiving end of a 5v1.

Simple equation...

That's garbage. I suggest whoever is sporting that idea should go to the TA and learn how to fight.

that is exactly right. very well written dano

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2007, 08:34:43 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
If that's what you believe then you really don't know me or how I fly.  You've flown against me enough in AW and AH to know you're not telling the truth.  What you've described is more your flying style than mine.

Calling me a racist is a tad out of line and uncalled for.

ack-ack

Well they don't call anything the Steveosphere.  I described how you fly.  You might not like it but obviously others must feel the same way or there wouldn't be an AKAKosphere. I know  the truth is hurtful sometimes, deal with it.

I called you a racist because you are a racist.  Here's one of your racist quotes:

It's funny seeing you "Gringos" whine about Hispanics taking over California and the Southwest,

You're a racist.  Much like you are in denial about being an alt monkey, you seem to be about the fact that you are a racist.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
Originally posted by Dadano

Simple equation...

I dunno. I don't think it's lack of self control, so much as lack of a clue. Maybe it's both. Agree with the rest though.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech