Author Topic: Horde Mentality  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2007, 08:58:48 PM »
The thing I'm wondering is why everyone thinks the DA is such a macho-fest or "I'm better than you" place.  Some of my best friends in this game are such because of hours spent shooting each other down.

I mean, yeah, there's the occasional jerk...  But you're gonna tell me the MA is any different?  Heck, a lot of the guys who come off as real jerks in the MA turn into real nice guys in the DA.

I have to figure if you're someone who thinks the DA has anything to do with "proving who's best," a good chunk of the reason is probably your own attitude.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2007, 09:27:15 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak

I mean, yeah, there's the occasional jerk...  

I don't know why I have to be dragged into everyone's argument, I mean, I'm already on another 8 day text suspion for calling someone a dweeb and the other to take a cold shower.  What else do you guys want from me???  OK!!!!! I apologize for calling the sucky dweeby types, sucky dweeby types.  Is that better?  can I type something on 200 now???  
I would just like to add, the dot report system is being abused to let dweebs get retaliation on people who feed off dweeb fodder!  Again, I apologize that you suk!  I never intended for you to suk when I owned you!  You are a good person and I care about your feelings!  I am sorry that you knowing you couldn't hold my jock strap in a 1 vs 1 inhibits your ability to come to terms with the reality of competition.  Beating your opponent, is somethig that should be fought for, not gained by milking the numbers and the system!  

:noid

Carry on gentlemen!  

Mark:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2007, 10:12:21 PM »
If anyone knows who would dare use the report function against the great skyrock, please thank them for me.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 10:12:27 PM »
the 1 thing about this game that i think is most fun is the thrill of a 1 on 1 fight. I use to spend more time in the old DA(killshooter off) then in the MA cause i loved 1 on 1 fights. to bad they changed it, and just like this thread is not going to make those losers stop running, and gangbanging just for a kill, is like how the old DA will never come back. (sigh):(
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2007, 10:15:33 PM »
being good at dueling is one thing in this game, but those skills count for nothing untill you can handle a nice gangbang and fly away with all the kills.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »
Nice to see everyone gets along in this game....

Steves correct about the 38 and aka is correct about steves 51. Some planes do a better job than others because of their game play.

Every vet that has time in each planes knows you have a low and slow fast bird.

p47
typie

With another vet over his head he is at a big disadvantage. ACM plays a major part..

I always said that a good 38 pilot is a alt monkey. Not because they cant fight but because they are using their plane correctly.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2007, 10:17:10 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
being good at dueling is one thing in this game, but those skills count for nothing untill you can handle a nice gangbang and fly away with all the kills.

I second that...

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2007, 11:18:50 PM »
Originally posted by FX1
Nice to see everyone gets along in this game....

Steves correct about the 38 and aka is correct about steves 51. Some planes do a better job than others because of their game play.

Every vet that has time in each planes knows you have a low and slow fast bird.

p47
typie

With another vet over his head he is at a big disadvantage. ACM plays a major part..

I always said that a good 38 pilot is a alt monkey. Not because they cant fight but because they are using their plane correctly.

Are you suggesting my low 38G isn't being used correctly!...er...um....oh well :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2007, 11:23:24 PM »

To hell with being good at it, it's just fun :aok I don't get why more people don't try it out...  I'll bet you it'd lead to more good fights in the MA, too.

Oh, and Skyrock, you suck.

:D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2007, 11:25:08 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Are you suggesting my low 38G isn't being used correctly!...er...um....oh well :)

Don't feel bad, Dan, it's pretty hard to get up to 20k when you're missing half a wing...  And leaking oil, on one prop, with a flap, gun or two, and such shot out. :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2007, 11:40:24 PM »

Right...1v3 (gangbang) can be fun. 1v5,6,7,8,9 (horde) is just retarded.

My opinions were directed toward the 4th,5th,6th and 7th sweetheart bags dropping in.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2007, 12:06:20 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
I never intended for you to suk when I owned you!  You are a good person and I care about your feelings!  I am sorry that you knowing you couldn't hold my jock strap in a 1 vs 1 inhibits your ability to come to terms with the reality of competition.  Beating your opponent, is somethig that should be fought for, not gained by milking the numbers and the system!  

:noid

Carry on gentlemen!  

Mark:aok

You could try not berating people who aren't as good as you or don't play the game by your rules.
 Heck, many of us are guilty of the ch200 whine now and then.  I certainly am.  You take it to a new level.  You mask it with this supposed "online persona"  and explain it away as you are just trying to get people to fight.
Most of us, including the mods, don't buy it.  Many see it as some overzealous loudmouth being a jerk again.  

You don't limit it to channel 200 either.  I've heard you on several occasions screaming and cursing at your own teammates for assorted reasons.  The most rediculous one is when someone shot down "your guy"  and it was in the middle of a (about) 30 on 30 furball. It's as if people are supposed to know what plane you are on and if they do know, you are somehow more entitled to kill them than they are.
 Now, I'm not talking about a nice little 1v1 somewhere, I agree that someone dropping in on that can be annoying, especially if you make it clear that "no thank you, I do not need help."  I'm talking about you screaming at your teammates for this in the middle of a large furball.  Rediculous.

Before you get too worked up about this keep in mind that I like you, Skyrock.  I enjoy flying with you(except for the range vox tirades) and I think you make a terrific wingman.  Spending time with you in the DA is a blast.  I just think you are too spun up in the MA.

I'll grant you that I am throwing stones in a glass house as I too act childish on 200 now and then.  I am certainly not a 200 role model.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2007, 12:26:42 AM »
Originally posted by wrag
Yep.......

Happens allot.

Fly a g6 sometimes and a 1 v 1 is RARE.

Usually they run.

Get sooooo tired of tryin to chase down P50 RUNS and RUN 90 d9s.

Upped a tempest the other day just so I could run em down.

Been known to up a spit16 so I could catch em as well.

Try this just once.

When you see them running away, turn around as soon as they start running, 85% of the time they turn right around and you sucker them out in front of you, or a squadmate/wingman.No more chasing, just turn around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-MWV--TD4

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2007, 12:43:25 AM »
Originally posted by -CodyC
I can understand the frustration.  109F4 and K4 are my two favorite birds.  I have found that it is necessary to change tactics to defeat the "Horde Mentality" and it usually starts with a little extra patience and fuel.  Nowadays i roll my K4 with 100fuel and sometimes a drop tank depending on the time that i have or what i am anticipating.  If i see the "horde" coming towards a base, for example a cv near a base, ill up my k4 and grab alt and just pick them off, because what else can you do?  Dive in and turn with them?  Oh yeah that's happening.  Other times ill come across that rare 1v1 pilot who I don't know if he is good but soon find out when he doesn't decide to shoot at me from d800, those make it worth it.  The only disadvantage with that is you have an incredible amount of fuel onboard that limits the abilities of the 109, but it's still fun.

The K4 is uber. Try starting your dive from further out and coming in more 'level' as opposed to perching directly above the fight.

Come in from co-alt or even slightly below, find a shot and then nose-up.

even when you bleed off your speed and you're more or less travelling at the same speed, just nose-up and rope people.

I always take 100% fuel and a DT when I fly a K4, it is not a significant disadvantage.

Perhaps I feel this way because I cut my teeth on 190s.... so even a fully loaded K4 turns like it's on rails :lol

In a horde situation.... more often than not if you lose the upper-hand in a K4, you can escape, climb and come back.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Horde Mentality
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2007, 12:51:05 AM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-MWV--TD4 [/B]

I'm not sure that sort of music is the most suitable for a 109 film :lol

I don't know why the K4 would have turned back into a 3 v 1 situation but I wouldn't consider that film any great stroke of genius on your part. No offence intended.

I'd have followed the K4 and tried for a 109 1v1. I love 1v1 in K4s/G-14s
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"