Author Topic: 10 years of the first Russian online air combat squad  (Read 584 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
10 years of the first Russian online air combat squad
« on: April 22, 2007, 09:55:51 AM »
25th IAP WB VVS - 10 years.

When we started this in April 1997 - no one could expect that we start an avalanche.

Russian/Simfreak posted some photos on the Web, here they are:

Waitress coming giggling, saying "hehe our club is on fire hehe" and people just saying "hehe coool" with the band playing and people buying drinks while firemen fight fire at the roof :) hehe mate, it's Moscow, don't be surprised :)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:13:14 AM »
10 years, wow!
How many of you have been playing for 10 years?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
10 years, wow!
How many of you have been playing for 10 years?

We say "flying", not "playing" :)

I didn't fly for maybe 4 or 5 years... I have a tamagochi now, our little project, and I have got good friends. Most of the guys on the first photo work on you-probably-know-what, 3D models, flight model, server maintenance, etc.

We know that we are the best, we taught =FB=, global air combat champions, to fly, we started an avalanche, that Russian invasion into WB in 1997 really started an avalanche that changed thousands of lives...

We should thank +HT+, Pyro, Killer, +GJ+ and other guys from ICI games for this 10 years.

storch

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 12:01:38 PM »
congratulations, I like the part that you didn't evacuate as the building was burning.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 12:04:23 PM »
congrats:aok  how did I guess that was a waitress  being Cartoon Airplane Squad Tailhooked :rofl  before I read the caption.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
We should thank +HT+, Pyro, Killer, +GJ+ and other guys from ICI games for this 10 years.

no thanks to Littman?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 12:26:50 PM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
congrats:aok  how did I guess that was a waitress  being Cartoon Airplane Squad Tailhooked :rofl  before I read the caption.

That girl on photo was on a "promotion action" for "Edelweiss" beer, -rust- hammered a nail with 5 hits and won a t-shirt :) He said "Maybe I'd better hammer something in private" :) We were promoting her promotion :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 12:29:45 PM »
... I have a tamagochi now, our little project,  

:huh
http://www.tamagotchi.com/

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 12:33:11 PM »
Congrats Boroda.  Amazing how many interesting people you can meet within a gaming sim.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
:huh
http://www.tamagotchi.com/

Rip, I mean - I have a couple of servers that I have to care for, like tamagochis :)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »
Happy birthday 25th IAP ! :)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »
Here is how we looked 10 years ago, picture taken at Electric Sky, where I work and where our servers are located. A house behind at the right is where Vladimir Putin lives.

One of this guys lives in San-Jose now, another is in Sydney (I have met him in November).

People who were in 25th IAP never quit. Partisans.

Anarchic regiment of terminators who are able of tearing anyone apart, right into the Union Jack. During Stalingrad event back in 1999 one guy from our regiment scored almost as much kills as all LW crowd all together, while our XO was flying for LW and scored more then 1/2 of all their kills :) I flew there with my right hand paralized and made 8 kills...

For several years we were an ugly face of Russian flightsim community, now young mob have done better then we did. But we were the first TEAM here in Russia, and our hobby started the avalanche: IL-2 had to be a tank-killing arcade until our pilot was hired into Maddox Games (and we showed WB to Oleg in 1999), Flying Barans got investment and make a WWI sim, called Knights of the Sky now, dozens of people got their jobs and/or moved overseas, all because we started it 10 years ago, after Africa's preaching in RU.GAME.FLIGHT Fidonet echo-conference.

I know that when I visit any city in Russia - I always find fellow-pilots, I flew around the world this Autumn, thanks to Wolfala, and I was greeted by a fellow-pilot in Sydney, Australia... Just came home at 02:00 after sending Russian (SimFreak) to Leningrad, he helped me when I was in California in September, and now lived at my bachelor's pigsty in Msk for a week (he said he had a good time and enjoyed it, he's SO polite!). We are all - one blood, I have  said many times that I will give shelter, food and drinks to anyone who flies air combat sims.

We all learned to type with left hand. Thanks to +HT+ anf PYRO. They are our prophets.

Offline Zippy41

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 09:55:05 AM »
Fly for ten more guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!:aok

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 10:10:13 AM »
We all learned to type with left hand. Thanks to +HT+ anf PYRO. They are our prophets.

Heh, there's something very russian in stealing even from your 'prophets'. Freebirds, anyone? :aok
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 10:37:29 AM »
Congratulations on your 10 years!