Author Topic: Viva La Revolucion!  (Read 1039 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 06:53:13 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Frenchman?  No.  Muslim?  Yes.

Guess who's taking over the country.

Laser,please document yourself before posting.

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »

I.E. Republicans gaining support on college campuses...

I do not think that is ever going to happen. College is a youthful place, and youth is, by nature, a liberal leaning demographic.

I digress..
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 07:56:17 PM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
:confused:
straffo are you suggesting someone should be shot dead because of their political beliefs?

Strange, that sounds very nazi-like to me :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »
A character that says :"Work more, make more money", compared to the France's usual of "Work less, live better". A man that has an history of lighting fires under people's butts, interesting to see if he will keep this trend as a president.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 08:24:03 PM »
I was thinking of this as good news, until I found that Chirac is also a 'conservative', in the French reality
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 08:27:37 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Not ,just because of their action, and there is none in the US political system I despise more than Cheney but well I'm not living here so ...my opinion has no real value :)

Can anyone point to something evil that Cheney did or said? He gets a LOT of bad press for someone who doesn't talk much
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 08:27:45 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
A character that says :"Work more, make more money", compared to the France's usual of "Work less, live better". A man that has an history of lighting fires under people's butts, interesting to see if he will keep this trend as a president.

Interesting. Do you have more? I'd like to know more. Thanks.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 08:33:01 PM »
Ahh the Irony is lost on most.  A french man saying a conservative is a fascist and wants him shot dead because of his political beleifs becuase he thinks he's a fascist.....wich is in fact a fascist thing to say or do.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 10:06:49 PM »
Originally posted by Dadano
I do not think that is ever going to happen. College is a youthful place, and youth is, by nature, a liberal leaning demographic.

I digress..

Well, you got that first part right.

But the conservative movement is gaining power through college, and in other places, like the general youth populace.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 10:12:06 PM »
What Straffo said.. Elections have gone back and forth between the bigger left and right parties, but in France's context, the presidency has been conservative for a while now.

Captain, I could get you an english copy of his presidential pamphlet to voters.  Or do you want something more specific?  It's the first time he is in this position, so although he may have said anything else in the past, that pamphlet is the most recent brief of his public perspective I know of.

I agree with Frenchy.  His no BS approach to most things (as far as I've seen) is a good change.  I noticed and liked it three years ago, so it may even be genuine rather than strategic.  He does really emphasize hard work and rewards.
This too could be just for show, but his stance on immigration and delinquents is almost perfect in theory and practice.

Royal was too mushy.. Shades of Laguillier.  Sarkozy comes off as a lot more forthcoming and pragmatic.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 10:16:16 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 10:15:34 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
said otherwise : your conservatives are our nazi.

Straffo, are you crazy enough to sincerely vote for being ruled by a woman!?

Something is deeply wrong in so-called "Europe".

I was born in Europe and lived most of my life in Europe, but this "European values" simply make me sick. They have a stupid woman as a governor of a city where I was born (SPb) and I prefer to declare myself an Asian. We, Asians, don't make such sick mistakes.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 10:17:21 PM »
It's not women so much as how they are brought up, up to this day.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2007, 10:41:09 PM »
Well, you got that first part right.

But the conservative movement is gaining power through college, and in other places, like the general youth populace.

What is their motive though? Who are they kidding? They are the broke ones who cannot afford health care and tuition. Catch my drift?

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains."  - Winston Churchill
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2007, 10:45:03 PM »
Moot, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. A brief synopsis of his background and voting history I guess. Thank you.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Viva La Revolucion!
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2007, 11:03:17 PM »
Originally posted by Dadano
What is their motive though? Who are they kidding? They are the broke ones who cannot afford health care and tuition. Catch my drift?

"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains."  - Winston Churchill

Who are they kidding?  I'm not sure.  Maybe some of them were raised that way.  Maybe some of them are rebelling against liberal parents.  Maybe some of them actually sat down and just couldn't take the liberal bull****.

Or, (and this is the big one), maybe they just believe in republican ideals.

And again, I may be stereotyping, but most of the liberals I've encountered are more well off then everyone else around them.  (Most of) Those that can not afford health care and tuition are the ones who believe that it shouldn't be given to them.

But that's just my experience with the 50,000 students at my school.  I may be stereotyping.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"