Author Topic: dissapering icons  (Read 303 times)

Offline kennyhayes

• Nickel Member
dissapering icons
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:41:07 PM »
when i am in a field gun shooting at a plane when they get to 1k away there icons dissaper

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
dissapering icons
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:21:08 AM »
I've had this happen while going in on lancasters in the right front 1/3 of the windscreen in a 110. Icon vanished around 4k and reappeared at 2k distance.

I was a little busy and didn't think to get a screen shot, but I'll try next time it happens.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
dissapering icons
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 06:48:09 AM »
I have had this happen to me also.

It occurs mostly at low altitudes when the aircraft crosses the sea horrison. It usually happens at 3k.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline 1Way>

• Zinc Member
Same problem happened here...
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 03:58:43 PM »
I had the same event occur in my field gun position last night...and it appeared to be intentional...

The clipping occurred when the planes came close to the ring of the gun sight.

On they periphery the icons clipped, but once the plane was within the ring...the icon returned....

Frankly I like the idea....except the part of the icon returning once inside of the ring.

Which makes for a thought/suggestion...

I would like to see all plane icons reduced to mere green or red dots...when a plane is framed in a gun sight, be it a field gun or bomber gun.

I find I lose the bogey constantly in the sight with tracers, gun flashes, gun hits, icons and gun sight detail hogging pixels in such a small area.

A simple red dot above the pilots canopy would be perfect ;-0

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
dissapering icons
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 07:19:58 AM »
Try changing the font size in your graphic settings.  I reduced my font and have a much better time seeing planes in a furball...  

You can make them so small, it's hard to tell what type of plane it is..  (almost a dot)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org