Author Topic: Beating a dead horse.....  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Beating a dead horse.....
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2007, 07:09:06 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
I have noticed that 90% of the time I get HOed in the AvA it ends up being Jester. I always thought he was better then that, but I guess not.

YAWN!!!  :o

See #3 please.........Thank You.

Your a really good pilot TK, most likely one of the best, it's really too bad you fall in for some of the others antics in the arenas and on the forums.
When you can match reputations with some of the old guys that helped build the arenas up as there were when we first started flying THEN you can worry if I am better or worse.

:aok
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:18:22 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2007, 07:10:42 PM »
Originally posted by Jester

This, of course, is the other side of the HO argument.  With, as required, a few ugly little barbs thrown in for good measure.

FYI I've been flying WWII sims for 10 years. And have been the CO of a squad as well. Woo. Hoo.  Doesn't make what I said any more or less valid than what you said.

Also what Larry said.  Takes two to merge, one to HO.

Whatever, mate. You fly how you like, I'll do the same.  

That I whined on 200 was admittedly a mistake I won't make again.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
I have noticed that 90% of the time I get HOed in the AvA it ends up being Jester. I always thought he was better then that, but I guess not. The ohter 10% is 9.9% Pacifica and .1% some noob flying with a mouse that couldnt hit me if I was on the runway. It seems alot of people have been going for HOs alot more since Iv been back.

You forgot 1Duke1 :)
Or Poland. I can't remember which.

storch

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 07:15:22 PM »
YAWN!!!  :o

See #3 please, Thank You.

You know there TK, if you squint just right you look and sound just like Storch! :eek:  Always thought you were His and Wildsau's "Lovechild."  :rofl
don't make me lay into you little feller, for you I'll play mean, not nice like I do these other fellers.  consider yourself warned and govern yourself accordingly.  :D

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 07:18:22 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Just so everyone is clear,

I WILL
HO, I will do it any chance I get, and I will not feel one bit bad about it.

:aok [/B]

No worries there Grits, you'll still miss

Cheers,
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 07:20:32 PM »

I WILL

Grits, are you even flying anymore?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 07:28:18 PM »

#3: As for all the "MARK 1., GRADE A BULL CHIT" that goes on on this forum about "HO'ing" - Has got to be the biggest LOAD of garbage ever!

You find me ONE former WW2 Fighter Pilot that said he wouldn't have took a head-on shot at an enemy aircraft because it "Wasn't Cricket" and I will never do it again. I promise.  :rolleyes:  Till that day, being the average pilot that I am - If I manage to get an enemy aircraft in my sights during a swirling dogfight - you can bet your Family Jewels I am going to pull the trigger no matter what angle the other aircraft happens to be placed at the time.
Anyone with half a brain knows you use every advantage that both you and your aircraft will give you. If you don't you are just plain dense or enjoy getting shot down.

Gonna disagree with your rationale on that jester.

Any WW2 pilot in a life and death fight that took a HO knew the risks if he missed.  He died.

No on in AH or any other flight sim, faces that same risk.  Show me one WW2 fighter pilot that would put himself in the middle of a low slow fight on the deck by choice?  They wouldn't.  They'd look for the best way to get the other  guy while he wasn't looking with as little risk as possible because death didn't mean going to the tower and getting a new cartoon airplane.  It meant you never flew again, your parts got shoveled into a hole in the ground and your parents got a telegram.

A HO shot in a flight sim where no one really dies, is just a lazy way out of the fight.

Now it's your dime, and if that's how you choose to play, go for it.  But don't compare yourself and what you do flying cartoon airplanes to anything a real life WW2 combat pilot did.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Gonna disagree with your rationale on that jester.

Any WW2 pilot in a life and death fight that took a HO knew the risks if he missed.  He died.

No on in AH or any other flight sim, faces that same risk.  Show me one WW2 fighter pilot that would put himself in the middle of a low slow fight on the deck by choice?  They wouldn't.  They'd look for the best way to get the other  guy while he wasn't looking with as little risk as possible because death didn't mean going to the tower and getting a new cartoon airplane.  It meant you never flew again, your parts got shoveled into a hole in the ground and your parents got a telegram.

A HO shot in a flight sim where no one really dies, is just a lazy way out of the fight.

Now it's your dime, and if that's how you choose to play, go for it.  But don't compare yourself and what you do flying cartoon airplanes to anything a real life WW2 combat pilot did.

Sir;
If you will re-read my statement again - What I said about a WW2 Pilot taking a HO shot IF HE HAD AN ADVANTAGE WITH THE SHOT - NOT - REPEAT NOT - BECAUSE IT WASN'T CRICKET or was not done. You confirm what I said by your comments on the game in your 3rd paragraph.

And as for the comments in your last paragraph - I wouldn't even BEGIN to compare myself to those Men who went out and faced the enemy in the skies or on the ground for real. I work with Veterans every week and I can assure you there isn't the least bit of confusion over what they achieved to save the World - vs. this "video game." I am proud to say I still stand open mouthed when I listen to their stories.

BTY, before you take the "Moral High Ground" might we inquire how many "Real Life Combat Missions" you have under your belt? If you have served in the Military you have my SINCEREST apologizes - if not - well.....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:51:32 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 07:57:03 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Grits, are you even flying anymore?

Not very much, sometimes not at all for weeks at a time.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 07:59:23 PM »
Nope, no combat history at all.  I've spent the better part of my life researching WW2 history and the people who were involved, whether it be the Spit XII drivers of 41 and 91 squadron, or helping families of a B24 crew that was lost over Vienna in 1945 learn about what happened to their MIA brothers.

I wouldn't ever put myself in the same league with those folks.  That being part of my point.  Apparently I misunderstood yours.  I would also acknowledge a tend to react quickly when folks tie in what the real WW2 guys did vs what we do.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »

I WILL

And there's nothing wrong with this.  (Heck, if you've been ordered to fly an A8, it's the only trick you've got.)

I think the refusal to take a HO is - or should be - a matter of personal pride, a challenge to yourself not to do it, to push yourself to get the kill another way instead.  I can't see criticizing others for taking the shot, though once you get used to people not doing it, it CAN come as a shock.

- oldman (and when did anyone actually see Grits taking a HO last?)

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 09:51:34 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
You forgot 1Duke1 :)
Or Poland. I can't remember which.

Huh??:huh
Duke

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 10:12:40 PM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
Huh??:huh

google 'you forgot poland'

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 10:17:19 PM »
OK...I'm just a simple man, what the hell does that have to do with me?:confused:
Duke

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 10:36:31 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I can be had for much less :aok

then answer your pm's ya monkey :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute