Author Topic: Why do I quit  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Alucard

• Zinc Member
Re: Why do I quit
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »
Originally posted by CarlsBee
Today got got muted at king of the hill, would like to know why.  This is BS a few think they are too good.
Might have had something to do with calling one of the CM's names after they asked you to follow the rules.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 06:09:31 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
It's still fun, Gian, don't worry :D

The usual drama here and there but nothing to keep me from spending 5 and a half hours :eek: in the SEA last night :aok

Wow! 5 hours and half.... to bad it was too late for me... No, wait.... I could have waked at 7 in the morning and still have a couple of hours of fun! :eek: :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Re: Noobie >>> Me
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 06:13:05 PM »
Originally posted by Daubie
I'm surprised at the very least the FCC hasn't warned HTC to cool it.  Some of the language in here is on the fringes of being illegal.  Go Google Echelon as it pertains to communication.  

Daubie

Just so you know, this is a privately owned company to which you subscribe to. HTC is not regulated by the FCC as they do not broadcast on a public frequency. It's like trying to say that you pay for Cinemax, tune to it and complain about the language you hear.

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 06:15:44 PM »
Originally posted by CarlsBee
u an idiot

-----------------------------------------------------------------

He's an idiot? how stupid must u be to get muted and booted from a game with cartoon airplanes?!

Don't act so childish!
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LTARsqrl

• Zinc Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 06:27:49 PM »
Notice that since it was made obvious to all that Carlsbee was the idiot in this whole incident, he hasn't responded?  

DOH ! ! !   :rofl

LTARsqrl  <>

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »
This "game" is like any other facet of community life...

Football, wrestling, hockey, basketball, jobs, business....LIFE.

ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING

PLAY...give it your ALL....LEARN...STUDY....PRACT ICE = WIN

QUIT = Lose

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
Why do I quit
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 07:46:30 PM »
Last night was my first KOTH.  I have always wanted to do it but felt it would be humiliating.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It was actually a lot of fun.  You don't stand out when you get knocked out early so it's not much of an ego hit.  I just tried to learn with each round and look for small victories.  I did get embarrassed once when I was concentrating on getting separation and thought I was on level AP and was actually on autoclimb instead and ended up at almost 20K.  Several guys made a bit of an issue about it but it was an honest mistake and I didn't want to waste everybody's time trying to explain anything.  Maybe some thought I was trying to cheat.  Whatever, it was indeed embarrassing but wasn't that big a deal.  I just had to exit from the round in a plane I thought I had a decent chance of doing a little better in.  Oh well.

As for the nonsense with Carls.  I was amazed at how much leeway that guy was given.  I thought he should have been booted long before he was muted.  In fact, I muted him myself long before he was officially muted.  I thought AKDogg did a fine job of running things.  I was unable to stay the whole time but it was a worthwhile experience.  I think I will do it again.

It's one of those events where good sticks and average joes like me can coexist pretty well.  Some try to really win the event while the rest of us watch and learn and try to win individual fights.  There is a definite strategy to KOTH and I'm sure if I did it a few times I would maybe even start to compete a little.

! to AKDogg et al for a great event!
The Hay Street Boys

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 07:59:49 PM »
One squeaker down hundreds to go!

:t

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
yay!! (btw stang is a l33t haxor!!1 ELEVENTYONE)
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Re: Re: Noobie >>> Me
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »
Originally posted by REP0MAN
Just so you know, this is a privately owned company to which you subscribe to. HTC is not regulated by the FCC as they do not broadcast on a public frequency. It's like trying to say that you pay for Cinemax, tune to it and complain about the language you hear.

:aok

Thanks for saving me the typing ;)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 11:06:04 PM »
Carls / CarlsBee,
1) You lost chat privledges and then started a new account. You didn't pay the time for your 'crime', learned nothing from it.

2) Constantly check6ing someone, whether a CM or not, is a flag you want to be annoying. You were and you got muted.

A KOTH strategy for new guys? First fight is important and thats where your seperation helps. Look at the map. Definately try to make that first fight a 1 on 1.

Sluggard, We had issues before with the radio so we now tune radio 5 to 101 as mentioned in the Arena Message. All rules and info go out on that channel so its important for the players to be on it. You're definately welcome.

Homeboy, I don't think anyone was thinking you were trying to gain an advantage being over 6k. When that happens it's usually a pilot that's afk.

CMs can't see everything going on and other KOTHers do help by pointing stuff out to them. It makes the CMs job much easier to spot things that are going on.
Many times the CM is putting an official tone on stuff brought up or spotted by other players.
IMO all KOTHers should act like junior CMs kind of. It definately makes the event better and more enjoyable for all.
A person's first KOTH will most likely be his worst. You just wont feel at ease but chances are the second one you will fit in and do much better.

Gianlupo, Whats changed in KOTHs? I don't forget to turn KillShooter off anymore.
Let's not mention FriendlyCollisions at this time. :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 02:38:48 AM »
Originally posted by fuzeman
Gianlupo, Whats changed in KOTHs? I don't forget to turn KillShooter off anymore.
Let's not mention FriendlyCollisions at this time. :)

:lol Too bad, fuze, those were unforgettable moments!
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 04:01:38 AM »
Skill level has no meaning in KoTH. noob, just out of the noob stage or vet KoTH offers alot of training to everyone. i recomened Noobs to show up film it and learn from it. it has been a long time since i have played in a KoTH last one i played i didnt do to bad i didnt win it but i was last 5 or 6 in the rounds and think i even made it to the last two once but its always a blast when i am in there.

with out a doubt the CMs will not put up with loud mouths stupid crap and will act fast on removing you from the Event. Salute i will try to make the next KoTH and make a good target for all of you.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Why do I quit
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 07:48:44 AM »
If you really want to learn, and if your man enough to take the lumps that come with it. A couple of hours spend fighting & filming in KOTH will help advance you to a whole new level. Its not about rank, its not about score, its about skill, SA, ACM and shooting ability.

The average guy who's been flying AH 2 - 8 months can learn more in one night of KOTH  than in months of arena flying. Skill levels tend to be well above average. However, there are always some who are learning as you are. So you have the chance at least to win a few fights.

Be polite, be respectful, wait till someone is in tower before asking questions.

Experienced KOTH pilots tend to be really good pilots with awesome skills. Most are willing to share and be help full if you approach them nicely. I highly recomend that everyone try at least one KOTH  at least once a year. Just leave your ego at the door so it doesn't get bruised to badly.  :)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Why do I quit
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »
KOTH is fun.

Rule 1:
Leave your ego at the door.

Rule 2:
Prepare to get schooled.

Rule 3:
Have fun and lighten up, Francis.