Author Topic: Switching sides for the win...  (Read 1474 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Switching sides for the win...
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:13:37 PM »
Gotta love the dweebs whom have to switch sides and sit in the tower trying to get those 20 perkies.

It's happened both times Rooks were close to the reset today. First this morning teams are close to even we get close to the reset and all the dweebs jump sites and kill our ENY.. Drove it up to 27 this morning.

Now today after we fought back from all the bases we lost due to high ENY.. Teams for the most part even the rest of the day.. We get close to reset again and all the dweebs switch sites yet again. ENY was 20 when I just left.

I vote for not awarding perk points to anyone whom switches sides within 3 hours of a reset, or better yet don't even give perk points for a reset win.

As a side note I don't mind guys that are tired of a map and they switch sides to help reset. However dweebs that switch to sit in the tower are lame.
"strafing"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 06:24:05 PM »
I dont believe you get perk points if you switch right before a reset, at least you didnt in the past. Funny thing is, one run in a ride like an FM-2 or a 109F and you can make 25+ perks.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:33:45 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I dont believe you get perk points if you switch right before a reset, at least you didnt in the past. Funny thing is, one run in a ride like an FM-2 or a 109F and you can make 25+ perks.

It takes 1 hour before they get the perks.. They always start switching when it's about 4 bases from the reset which is normally more than 1 hour away from the win.

Yea I fly A6m's all the time same deal I can pull 10 perks easily in a single sortie.  That's why I could care less if they awared perks for a reset or not. Would probably be better if they didn't, might stop some of the lame team swaps.
"strafing"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 06:44:20 PM »
It takes 1h to be able to switch again. I didn't notice any change in the 12h before you get perks awarded time period...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »
This lemming behavior CAN be used to your advantage, especially if the "winning team" gets hammered by ENY.

You switch to the losing side, lift what you want, and start hunting all those folks forced out of their Lalas, Runstangs, Splixteens, C-Hawgs, and Nikis by the ENY.  They are upset they are not in their uber ride.  Their piloting shows it.  

A frustrated-target rich environment.  Not good for running up your own score using higher ENY planes against lower ones, but if the effect is bad enough, it is definitely a good occasion to gather a couple friends, get some discount Me262's, or other (now cheap) perk or high end rides, and terrorize as many of the enemy as you can manage.

Flying defense of the losing country against the horde also guarantees lot's of quick fights against overwhelming odds.  This can be especially fun in some planes like the Ki-84 if their ENY really has them in EW crates they are not used to flying.  

Make it work for you.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 06:49:30 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
It takes 1 hour before they get the perks.. They always start switching when it's about 4 bases from the reset which is normally more than 1 hour away from the win.

They used to switched right before a reset when you had to switch 12hrs before the reset to get perks too. Some people are just dumb.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 06:58:50 PM »
Originally posted by Grits

What and give up their dweebfires??
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 07:19:52 PM »

I'd like to see the facts to back up this statement. I'm almost positive that it's still 12 hours to get the perks. It's surely not an hour, since these complaints are presumably the reason there's a waiting period in the first place.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 07:29:21 PM »
who gives rats patute about perks... I have tons... anyone want any?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 07:31:50 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I'd like to see the facts to back up this statement. I'm almost positive that it's still 12 hours to get the perks. It's surely not an hour, since these complaints are presumably the reason there's a waiting period in the first place.

Well maybe it is I have no clue, but if it is then someone should tell all the dweebs whom side switch and kill the ENY for the winning team.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 07:33:31 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
who gives rats patute about perks... I have tons... anyone want any?

Seems all the idiots whom jump ship to the winning side everytime a reset gets close care.
"strafing"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 07:34:38 PM »
And miss out on slaughtering hordes of noobs in high eny planes?! No way!
;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »
Seems all the idiots whom jump ship to the winning side everytime a reset gets close care.

The big question is though, "Why do you care?"
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 10:31:14 PM »
To perk or not to perk that is the Question.  Whether tis nobler in the mind so suffer the sling and arrow of outrageous perks, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them...perks

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all; and thus the naitive hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought

In other words ditch the perkies for reset being an idea.  Most everyone would still fight for reset just to stuff it to the bad guys. nananana!  

If anyone deserves perks for a reset it's the guy with the reset troops.  Then we'll see if we get 57 guys sat in tower.  Don't matter if their side switchers of guys thats been tipped off from the other arena....no perkies except for the reset capture guy with troops.

Could you imagine it....Dear allied airman we won the war here's an extra 75 quid.  Thank Gorring for switching here's 75 notes...enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:36:59 PM by LYNX »

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
The big question is though, "Why do you care?"

Why because I like to capture bases and play other aspects of the game rather than just furball all the time. It's just as fun for me to go on or plan mission to capture bases and to defend them as it is to do just a mindless furball.

I'm competitive at heart so I like to win, so I get some fun out of trying to win a map. Just like others get fun doing nothing but furballing all day.  

So when you work hard capturing bases and your team seems to be on the roll to win the map. Well it's just a little disheartening to see that momentum stopped because we can't fly planes worth a crap, to finish off 2 or 4 more bases.

So in the end, all the work we did capturing bases goes to crap because all the dweebs jump on the winning team killing the ENY. Then as soon as they see you're not going to get the reset they run back home.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:37:14 PM by crockett »
"strafing"