Author Topic: Switching sides for the win...  (Read 1475 times)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Switching sides for the win...
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 10:33:18 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
The big question is though, "Why do you care?"

Yup, that's what I'm wondering.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 11:29:22 PM »
I think it's been categorically proven in the past that with sufficient #'s a reset can be achieved even with high ENY planes...

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 12:34:43 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I think it's been categorically proven in the past that with sufficient #'s a reset can be achieved even with high ENY planes...

Zazen

If people are actually flying and fighting for the win, sure. We had on average 170 players in the tower during that peak time of them jumping to Rooks side trying to get the win.
"strafing"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 02:40:24 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
If people are actually flying and fighting for the win, sure. We had on average 170 players in the tower during that peak time of them jumping to Rooks side trying to get the win.

Maybe they're just trying to hose you out of winning the map.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 05:44:04 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
who gives rats patute about perks...  

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
Re: Switching sides for the win...
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 06:12:04 AM »
Gotta love the dweebs whom have to switch sides and sit in the tower trying to get those 20 perkies.

It's happened both times Rooks were close to the reset today. First this morning teams are close to even we get close to the reset and all the dweebs jump sites and kill our ENY.. Drove it up to 27 this morning.

It is not that people jump sides, it is people from other side starts logging off because of close reset.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 06:32:10 AM »
SNIP ..... I could care less if they awared perks for a reset or not. Would probably be better if they didn't, might stop some of the lame team swaps.

So you started this thread due to the fact that you really don't care if they switch sides.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 07:08:30 AM »
Crockett it takes more then an our to get perks after swiching. I think its 6-12 hours I cant be sure. Its not people swiching sides, its people on the lossing side logging off. I know fo me the only reason to stay on when we only have -5 bases left is to dogfight in my Me163. I dont even try to defend, and have let C47s go right past me when I knew that would reset the arena.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 08:41:15 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I'd like to see the facts to back up this statement. I'm almost positive that it's still 12 hours to get the perks. It's surely not an hour, since these complaints are presumably the reason there's a waiting period in the first place.

Take this recent Patch hub.   I left my PC on overnight.   I logged on, got the download, and saw none of my squaddies were on, and switched to Bish because I enjoy winging with The Flying Circus.    I fly with them for a couple of hours.    I switched back to Rook, so I was ready to go the following evening.   I woke up and the Rooks reset the arena.    

It was less than 12 hours, and I didn't even pay attention to the Field statuses that whole night.   As a matter fo fact, the "reset" never came up when winging with The Flying Circus.    I absolutley had no idea that the Rooks were close to a reset.     I got perks.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 08:43:15 AM »
That's why I could care less if they awared perks for a reset or not. Would probably be better if they didn't, might stop some of the lame team swaps.

So why even bother starting this thread?   You've negated your initial argument with these two sentences.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:44 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
So you started this thread due to the fact that you really don't care if they switch sides.

Originally posted by Masherbrum
So why even bother starting this thread?   You've negated your initial argument with these two sentences.

How do yo two get in your heads from this one line..

"I could care less if they awarded perks for a reset or not. Would probably be better if they didn't, might stop some of the lame team swaps."

That I've "negated" my whole purpose in posting in this thread? The entire point of the thread was to talk about all the losers whom switch sides to the winning side so they can get their 20 perk points and by doing so kill the ENY of that team.

How do you guys even come up with me not caring about perk points and allowing people to swap teams for a win is somehow negating anything?

I can easily get 20 perk points in a half hour if not more in that time.. Perk points are nothing to me. Seems most of the dweebs that switch teams close to a reset, do it to get their 20 perk points.  So as I posted maybe a solution is to not award perk points for a reset.

The problem overall is that because of these dweebs swapping sides soon as it gets close to a reset, well they kill the advance of that team.  Just like it did twice to the Rooks yesterday.

It's one thing if someone is tired of a map so they see one team is close to the reset and they go help win the reset. Hell I've done that myself., but I don't just go sit in a tower and go afk when a team is close to reset.  

As I posted before at the peak of the second time this happened to the Rooks in LWblue yesterday, there were 179 people in the tower.  That wasn't just a one time number it was pretty close to average for that time frame. In fact when I saw 179 in tower I did a sortie of about 10 mins come back look at the tower and it's 179 again. I'm sure that was just a random thing, but it was close to that number for a very long time.

Meanwhile the Rooks had about 100 in flight, Bish had about 60 or 70 and the nits had about 80 in flight . Sure the Rooks happened to have about 20 or 30 more guys in the air, but with 20-25 ENY that's not a big numbers advantage.

Then if you add in the fact that Bish and Nits at that time weren't taking land from each other , so in reality it leaves the Rooks fighting both teams at a disadvantage even though they had a numbers advantage overall.

This is why I posted along time ago, that people whom go AFK or site in the tower more than 10, 15 mins should not be counted against their team in regards to ENY.

Nothing wrong with staying logged in then going AFK I can understand people doing it, specially with the way people get locked out of arenas.. However those guys that do go AFK for extended time shouldn't cripple a team.

I can deal with ENY to an extent I mean myself I could care less in fighters because I fly 20-25 ENY planes all the time. However you try to make a good mission to cap a base and it's close to impossiable.
"strafing"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:36 AM »
If you don't care if Perks are awarded, then there really is no point.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 10:42:23 AM »
If you don't care if Perks are awarded, then there really is no point.

No point in what? Resetting a map?  Some of us enjoy the challenge of winning the map and capturing bases just as much as shooting planes down.

Just because I could care less about perk points points, means there is no point in a reset? lol man you sure have a narrow view of what this game offers if that's the case.
"strafing"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »
Take this recent Patch hub.   I left my PC on overnight.   I logged on, got the download, and saw none of my squaddies were on, and switched to Bish because I enjoy winging with The Flying Circus.    I fly with them for a couple of hours.    I switched back to Rook, so I was ready to go the following evening.   I woke up and the Rooks reset the arena.    

It was less than 12 hours, and I didn't even pay attention to the Field statuses that whole night.   As a matter fo fact, the "reset" never came up when winging with The Flying Circus.    I absolutley had no idea that the Rooks were close to a reset.     I got perks.

Well, maybe I'm wrong then. I don't recall seeing anything regarding adjustments for the timer for perks awarded, but maybe I just missed it.
I don't think I'm ever on the side that "wins the war" anyway. :)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 11:25:44 AM »
Hey, you guys give Crocket a break, he's trying to win the maps so that he can save his perks to buy a life!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"