Author Topic: Switching sides for the win...  (Read 1473 times)

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Switching sides for the win...
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »
I think HTC should do what crockett said about not counting people that are in the tower and afk for more then 10-15min for eny.  I've never understood why people that weren't in flight get counted when it comes to calculating eny for a side.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Hey, you guys give Crocket a break, he's trying to win the maps so that he can save his perks to buy a life!:aok

Apparently.. not only does everyone in AH own you.. But you can't seem to read either.
"strafing"

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
....dogfight in my Me163. I dont even try to defend, and have let C47s go right past me when I knew that would reset the arena.

Larry, gotta be careful with statements like that. I bet right now, somewhere in AH land, there are some war winners who just went into catatonic shock.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »
I must have reached some sort of AH nirvana.

Whenever I log in, I have to check which side I'm flying for cause it was the low numbers side.  I have to laugh sometimes because I don't care which side it is as long as the fight is good.

And I can't remember ever looking at perk points.  LOL I'm not even sure if I have any.  I imagine I must, but i just don't care.

I hear people complaining about the maps, and I don't even know the names of the maps.  A small green dar bar and a large red dar bar is all I look for.

All I know is I have fun whenever I fly.  But then again I'm a P38G flyer so how can it not be fun?:aok

It can be an advantage being simple minded I guess :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 02:31:14 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
I must have reached some sort of AH nirvana.

Whenever I log in, I have to check which side I'm flying for cause it was the low numbers side.  I have to laugh sometimes because I don't care which side it is as long as the fight is good.

And I can't remember ever looking at perk points.  LOL I'm not even sure if I have any.  I imagine I must, but i just don't care.

I hear people complaining about the maps, and I don't even know the names of the maps.  A small green dar bar and a large red dar bar is all I look for.

All I know is I have fun whenever I fly.  But then again I'm a P38G flyer so how can it not be fun?:aok

It can be an advantage being simple minded I guess :)

Yea I do the same some times.. I jump over to the nits side or the bish side when the numbers are way off balanced and I feel like a good fight. However there are some of us that enjoy doing things in the game other than dog fighting non stop.

Hell if I was worried about perk points I'd always fly on the lower number team because you get more that away.

Just remember while you maybe think it's fun to fly a P38, someone else might think it's fun to fly a B17 or drive a M8. That's what so many of the furballers always fail to see that "their" type of fun isn't the only fun this game offers.
"strafing"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 02:41:05 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Yea I do the same some times.. I jump over to the nits side or the bish side when the numbers are way off balanced and I feel like a good fight. However there are some of us that enjoy doing things in the game other than dog fighting non stop.

Hell if I was worried about perk points I'd always fly on the lower number team because you get more that away.

Just remember while you maybe think it's fun to fly a P38, someone else might think it's fun to fly a B17 or drive a M8. That's what so many of the furballers always fail to see that "their" type of fun isn't the only fun this game offers.

Crockett.  I've said it forever.  Unperk em all and let folks fly what they want.  I don't care what the other guy is in.  I'm just going to have fun.

This isn't about furballing to me.  I'm just not a buff guy in the game.  Corky is my fantasy fighter pilot.  Lugging a bomb is not what Corky does.  He can barely hit the ground with a bomb, much less a target.  Covering buffs is fine, covering Fighter-Bombers is fine.  I just go where the fight is.  I could care less about the strategy.

If that's how other folks want to play, thats fine too.  

HTC has their reasons, well thought out no doubt, about how the game is set up.  I just work with what I have.  And of course being a 38G pilot, I don't have to worry about perks, ENY or anything else in the LW arenas :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »
if you swtich befor a map is reset,you will not get the 25perks,you need to be on the wining side for a period of time.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 03:14:32 PM »
I think they should put back the rule that if you were on in the last 12 hours you get the perks too.  Maybe change it though from 12 hours to something like 4-6 hours.  I mean just because you weren't there when the reset happened doesn't mean you didn't contribute to the victory.  I mean say you were on all day helping your side to win and you leave because you have something in real life you have to do, and not long after you leave your side ends up winning.  I mean I personaly don't need the perks, it's just the principle of it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
I think they should put back the rule that if you were on in the last 12 hours you get the perks too.  Maybe change it though from 12 hours to something like 4-6 hours.  I mean just because you weren't there when the reset happened doesn't mean you didn't contribute to the victory.  I mean say you were on all day helping your side to win and you leave because you have something in real life you have to do, and not long after you leave your side ends up winning.  I mean I personaly don't need the perks, it's just the principle of it.

Contradicts

I think HTC should do what crockett said about not counting people that are in the tower and afk for more then 10-15min for eny.  I've never understood why people that weren't in flight get counted when it comes to calculating eny for a side.

Which is it?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Apparently.. not only does everyone in AH own you.. But you can't seem to read either.

Crockettrockette!  You are much to anal about this perk win the war thingy bro.  You made insultory remarks about peeps who just like to furball, yet you don't take jokes about your behavior very well.  You've contradicted yourself many times in your posts in this thread, yet can't understand why many of the replies are giving you grief.  Someone who is worried about the lowly 25 perks from winning the war, or the fact that ENY is not letting them up their ride, is missing a big part of where HT wants this game to evolve.  Your thread is whiney and you're apparently clueless of how to make your time in AH enjoyable..............and I own you in all things AH!!!!:aok

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 03:25:50 PM »
"mindless furball"

:(

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 03:44:32 PM »
yep no point to resets.  no point in winning a fake war.  no point to furballing.  no point of getting high rank.  no point of perks. If you can't have fun playing a game, your totally missing the point to begin with.

while i think switching to the winning side is dumb/lame/pointless/dweeby/ and something a squeaker would do, i don't really see how people jumping off a sinking ship is really destroying the game.  should we also complain about those who log off or change arena's because they are sick of getting hoarded by another team?

it's really a side balancing question, personally i liked the idea of not being able to change country to a side that already has plenty of numbers....at any point.  however, when the reset is near, i would think these ship jumpers would do little to help "the cause" to begin with.  Lots of people see a reset is near, and just log off, because they know what type of gameplay they will be facing.....the kind that is not always that fun.....which defeats the purpose of a game:)
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 03:59:29 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 04:41:07 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum

I think they should put back the rule that if you were on in the last 12 hours you get the perks too. Maybe change it though from 12 hours to something like 4-6 hours. I mean just because you weren't there when the reset happened doesn't mean you didn't contribute to the victory. I mean say you were on all day helping your side to win and you leave because you have something in real life you have to do, and not long after you leave your side ends up winning. I mean I personaly don't need the perks, it's just the principle of it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contradicts

I think HTC should do what crockett said about not counting people that are in the tower and afk for more then 10-15min for eny. I've never understood why people that weren't in flight get counted when it comes to calculating eny for a side.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is it?

What are you talking about???? Do you understand the English language?  I think you need to go back and re-read what I wrote, because the two post have absolutely nothing to do with each other.  One post I talked about putting the rule back in place that gives you the perks if you were on helping to win the war within a few hours of the war being won.  The other post I talked about not understanding why HTC takes into account people who are sitting in the tower and not in the air flying when calculating eny.  Make sure you carefully read someone's post before you try to comment on it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:44:51 PM by trax1 »

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Crockettrockette!  You are much to anal about this perk win the war thingy bro.  You made insultory remarks about peeps who just like to furball, yet you don't take jokes about your behavior very well.  You've contradicted yourself many times in your posts in this thread, yet can't understand why many of the replies are giving you grief.  Someone who is worried about the lowly 25 perks from winning the war, or the fact that ENY is not letting them up their ride, is missing a big part of where HT wants this game to evolve.  Your thread is whiney and you're apparently clueless of how to make your time in AH enjoyable..............and I own you in all things AH!!!!:aok

Mark
Very well said Rock.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++