Author Topic: OK this multi-arena crap has gotta go  (Read 16217 times)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
OK this multi-arena crap has gotta go
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:32:52 PM »
OK, I've been a paying customer of this game for 6+ straight years now and I think I've had just about enough of this multi-arena crap.

It's a joke and everyone here knows it. I'm sick and tired of flying with my squad and lose connect or UDP, and then re-log to find I'm capped out of the arena I just left. Being the CO just makes it worse. All my squaddies are sitting there waiting for the next run and all I can do is say sorry?

The Early and Mid war arenas are nothing but a milking tool  for lamers.
If ya don't believe me, check it out sometime. Twice this week I've been sitting in there and seen 12 or 13 kills landed in a p-40b, only to check the roster and see 2 squaddies on opposite sides. Check stats on those 2 vs each other and sure enough, vulching each other in a jeep or something.
Got film if ya wanna see it.

I think it's high time to come up with a better solution, Even 2 Latewar arenas doesn't cure the so-called "horde mentality". Go into one arena and you find mass bishops, switch to the other one and you got mass rooks ect ect ect. ENY only puts a band-aid on a gushing wound so to speak.

Watched 3 bases being captured today and not a single one of them were flashing one any of the FE's of 5 different peeps, so it's not just me.
Channel 1 functions in early and mid but not in late war, you have to switch to ch 200 there. I could go on and on.

Now I realize this post is probably gonna get nuked in the morning, which will only prove my point that the problem is being ignored instead of solved.

My suggestion is to leave this post intact and let the players submit Ideas for solutions to the problems and see if we got any geniuses out there.(really smart I am, not even sure what plural for genius is:D )  
Cause I'm sure HTC would just love to make us all happy and fix this problem.

Of course the BBS has it's own problems and I'm sure this Thread will get hi-jacked by some jerks who wanna start a pissin match against each other like every other thread in here.:mad:

SO LETS HEAR THOSE IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. trolls and hijackers will be hunted on sight.:p
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:38:17 PM by SHawk »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:38:11 PM »
I agree, it sucks on a squad night when you lose your connection, then can't get back in that arena, you ethier have to wait till you can get in, or ask your whole squad to go to the other arena.  And they can deffintly get rid of the early & mid war arena.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:40:06 PM »
I hear ya, been looking forward to Combat Tour hoping it will help address these issues.  I hear it'll be here in two weeks!

storch

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 11:40:12 PM »
lost the midol huh

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Re: OK this multi-arena crap has gotta go
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:40:52 PM »
Originally posted by SHawk
OK, I've been a paying customer of this game for 6+ straight years now and I think I've had just about enough of this multi-arena crap.

It's a joke and everyone here knows it. I'm sick and tired of flying with my squad and lose connect or UDP, and then re-log to find I'm capped out of the arena I just left. Being the CO just makes it worse. All my squaddies are sitting there waiting for the next run and all I can do is say sorry?

The Early and Mid war arenas are nothing but a milking tool  for lamers.
If ya don't believe me, check it out sometime. Twice this week I've been sitting in there and seen 12 or 13 kills landed in a p-40b, only to check the roster and see 2 squaddies on opposite sides. Check stats on those 2 vs each other and sure enough, vulching each other in a jeep or something.
Got film if ya wanna see it.

I think it's high time to come up with a better solution, Even 2 Latewar arenas doesn't cure the so-called "horde mentality". Go into one arena and you find mass bishops, switch to the other one and you got mass rooks ect ect ect. ENY only puts a band-aid on a gushing wound so to speak.

Watched 3 bases being captured today and not a single one of them were flashing one any of the FE's of 5 different peeps, so it's not just me.
Channel 1 functions in early and mid but not in late war, you have to switch to ch 200 there. I could go on and on.

Now I realize this post is probably gonna get nuked in the morning, which will only prove my point that the problem is being ignored instead of solved.

My suggestion is to leave this post intact and let the players submit Ideas for solutions to the problems and see if we got any geniuses (really smart I am, not even sure what plural for genius is:D ) out there.  Cause I'm sure HTC would just love to make us all happy and fix this problem.

Of course the BBS has it's own problems and I'm sure this Thread will get hi-jacked by some jerks who wanna start a pissin match against each other like every other thread in here.:mad:

SO LETS HEAR THOSE IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. trolls and hijackers will be hunted on sight.:p

Nothing against HTC at all its just the current setup needs to some how some way be fixed and we as a community need to come up with ideas to help it like Shawk said instead of these guys that complain and whine or cry but have no better solutions.

Just to put my hat in the ring i vote to get rid of the rank all together those that milk will have nothing to milk for and we will start to see how many players really play in MW and EW. Now that brings up another problem who controls CVs? Not a clue on this one any one got any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:54:36 PM by Husky01 »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:42:47 PM »
the only thing i really miss is the big maps

BRING BACK DONUT, OZKANSAS, AND TRINITY  :)

i agree with SHawks "location"  its not that hard to find ppl....but getting in teh same arena is a problem

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 11:44:38 PM »
I agree with a lot of that SHawk
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 11:45:16 PM »
Now adding Storch to the list. Oh wait he's already on it.

He'll hi-jack every single thread here. Again, my point is made. Idiots like this should be banned permanently from the forums. They just simply can't resist the temptation to act like a complete tard.:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:47:07 PM »
Mabey for the CVs it could be done by years played?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:55:07 PM by Husky01 »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 11:52:13 PM »
Translation : Shawk is getting out gamed by the gamers in the early arena's and wants them closed ..... Waaaaaaaaah

:noid
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 11:55:06 PM »
The horde mentality isn't going anywhere; it's part of human nature. Rush hour traffic is a classic example (don't ask me to elaborate; if you don't know, google is key), and what gathers a crowd better than... a crowd?
Army of Muppets

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 11:59:38 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
Translation : Shawk is getting out gamed by the gamers in the early arena's and wants them closed ..... Waaaaaaaaah

:noid

And again another added to the list that doesn't think through what a stupid comment they have made. Rank is simply another thing that needs to be removed entirely. Keep stats if ya want, but remove ranks entirely. I can just about guarantee that 35 of the top 50 ranked players couldn't ACM their way out of a wet paper bag.

Offline thndregg

• Gold Member
Re: OK this multi-arena crap has gotta go
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 11:59:57 PM »
Originally posted by SHawk

Wholeheartedly agree, Shawk. I've had it happen here a lot, especially with this friggin' dial-up I'm stuck with. But, HTC's wallet is probably pretty comfortable, and so the arenas are stuck this way.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 12:01:28 AM »
Shawk, he's not acting.

I do agree with getting rid of rank. It would probably kill the EW/MW arenas, but, as has been said in the past, the point isn't to fill those arenas, it's just to give people choices. Those who really like the early planesets have a place to mix it up, and the idiots like eaglehrt will quit.

Make ENY tougher, encourage people to move around. Fundamentally change the structure of the game, and prevent anyone without a valid DL from using vox.

My humble suggestions.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline thndregg

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 12:03:26 AM »
Originally posted by storch
lost the midol huh

Nah, he put it in your purse.:p
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"