Author Topic: OK this multi-arena crap has gotta go  (Read 16212 times)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
OK this multi-arena crap has gotta go
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 02:08:05 AM »
Here's 1 Idea...Make eny effective for planes in flight not players total.
To many times we have 40 peeps sitting in the tower screwing everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 02:08:21 AM »
Heres an idea......................... ............................. ..................deal with it.

There are about 100 threads with whiners wanting the old MA back. I like the mini arenas, I dont like the cap but what the hell nothing is perfect. Get used to it and play.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Knavman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 02:15:38 AM »
Yeah if nobody says anything then nothing will change!! Larry I used to be a police officer in central maryland. People who just sit back and don't say anything about there neighborhood or there community when crime is really nasty then nothing will change! Well its the same situation about anything that happens in live, including a game we pay $15 a freaking month. We are the consumers and if we want a change then we need to stand up for what we want for our money!!!!!!    If crap doesn't change and people start leaving this game, and I mean a great amount of people then Hitech creations goes under. So if you sit back in life and let ***** happen then you will go no where in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never Hold in your Farts. They'll only travel up your spine and give you crappy Ideas.

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einste
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:23:04 AM by Knavman »

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 02:22:44 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
Heres an idea......................... ............................. ..................deal with it.

There are about 100 threads with whiners wanting the old MA back. I like the mini arenas, I dont like the cap but what the hell nothing is perfect. Get used to it and play.

Spoken like a true Liberal:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 02:23:23 AM »
This is a game. A game that has THOUSANDS of members. A game that is run by HTC. Its thier game and they changed it for a reason. I love the small arenas because Im on dialup and less people means less lag. If you want to make a change call HTC if not shut up or leave. Simple as that.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 02:24:32 AM »
Originally posted by SHawk
Spoken like a true Liberal:rolleyes:

Spoken like a true tard. Get over yourself. Suck it up and stop whineing. Go start an ENY thread while your at it.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 02:27:46 AM »
You asked for ideas I gave you mine. Oh I forgot you only wanted ideas that agree with you. There is two sides to this Im sorry if you dont want to hear the other side. Be a man and stop acting like a little kid that isnt getting his way.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 02:31:09 AM »
Want to fix hording?

Limit the number of times you can die and re-up from one field.  Say 3x and you have to find another field to fly from.   (make sure there's an unlimited fighter town for fast fights)  (same for tank town)

Sadly I don't see any answer to the small arenas.  Unless we accept the lag of the larger arenas.  For myself, I would trade the lag for the bigger arena.  Especially if you can fix the horde.

I agree with Shawk, I fight the game as much as I fight in the game.  It's really difficult to support a squad.

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 02:41:09 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
You asked for ideas I gave you mine. Oh I forgot you only wanted ideas that agree with you. There is two sides to this Im sorry if you dont want to hear the other side. Be a man and stop acting like a little kid that isnt getting his way.

Those were NOT Ideas. Not even close. So please remove yourself from the discussion.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 02:46:43 AM »
Shut up and deal with it. Yeah thats an idea just one you dont like. I think Ill stay in this "discussion". If you can call it that.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 02:46:52 AM »
Originally posted by Knavman
Yeah if nobody says anything then nothing will change!! Larry I used to be a police officer in central maryland. People who just sit back and don't say anything about there neighborhood or there community when crime is really nasty then nothing will change! Well its the same situation about anything that happens in live, including a game we pay $15 a freaking month. We are the consumers and if we want a change then we need to stand up for what we want for our money!!!!!!    If crap doesn't change and people start leaving this game, and I mean a great amount of people then Hitech creations goes under. So if you sit back in life and let ***** happen then you will go no where in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree knavman wholeheartedly.
It's kinda like Bill Maher said about this country.
"I'm pissed that not enough people are pissed"
Everyone wants to look the other way or figure they can't change it so why try. Thats Crap. Of course Larry is perfectly happy with sending our jobs overseas and 3-4 dollar a gallon gas too I supppose.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:51:03 AM by SHawk »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 03:01:03 AM »
Originally posted by SHawk
Everyone wants to look the other way or figure they can't change it so why try. Thats Crap. Of course Larry is perfectly happy with sending our jobs overseas and 3-4 dollar a gallon gas too I supppose.

You are one hell of an idiot. Better yet you are a whiny little punk that bashs people who doesnt agree with you. If I can quote

"Idiots like this should be banned permanently from the forums. They just simply can't resist the temptation to act like a complete tard."

Yep you sir are right but I think you should look in the mirror. This is a game not a country. Anyone who compares the two is a complete moron.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 03:03:41 AM »
What about a "cover charge" of sorts?  Allow those with enough points to buy their way into a capped arena.  Make the cost high to prevent hundreds from getting in but low enough to make it worth while.

And another thought, why not start a que?  Select the arena you want to get into and as soon as a slot opens up you are automatically dropped in in the order you signed up.  Would help eliminate the logging on and off to try and catch an arena at 119/120 or whatever.

I dont know if it would work to have a situation that gave prefernce to squad members getting around the cap.  Some of the very large squads could bring in a TON of players (L.T.A.R.S et.c.).

Make everyone happy some of the time.  Run small maps, but on the reset of one map maybe the arena closes for a short while, raise the cap on the other until the other arena resets and at that time combine them into a big map, when it resets go back to the two smaller arenas.  Maybe you dont wait for the reset, force it and run them in an alternating sequence.  Would give a lot more variety with a small number of maps needed.

Offline OntosMk1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2007, 03:15:41 AM »
my two cents...

Mulitple arenas are a good idea, i think they should stay

To solve the numbers problem HTC should create a BOT system to compensate for the low numbers. Which I think will be coming out with the release of the "Tour of Duty".

Ranks should go but the stat sustem should stay in place. Statpotatos will always be there. I've played too many games like BF2 and the likes that all have stat systems and there are always players out there stat padding and the like BUT it does give on a "goal" to work towards. A direction so to speak.

Here's an idea, encourage players to fly specific roles, attack, fighter, bomber, supply, or ground vehicles by maybe putting up a reward system OTHER than perks. Like Medals..shoot down so many planes in a set time frame, you get a medal, supply so many bases or ground vehicles yopu get a medal. That way each players will WANT to build their stats and not just look at them as so many numbers. I could care less what my rank is BUT I do care about how many planes,GVs, Ships, TRees, Sheep, ive killed.
If you fly Luftwaffe planes exclusivly then you get GERMAN medals. The same with other nationalities.
*EDIT* in order to keep players from "Padding" and getting medals with little or no effort each arena could have its own set of medals. that way one person couldnt go into an empty arena and strat his/her heart away and get awarded for his/her "effort". ALso, if players are "caught" padding they should be banned or punished. Say, medals stripped or account frozen or removed. Nobody likes "cheaters" and like any other online gaming service said players should be punished if caught.

ENY....was a GREAT idea but i beleive it has fizzled out. The perk system is better at regualting who can fly what A/C. It also encourages players to fly lower ENY planes in order to get more perks per sortie. So either figure out a way to tweak the ENY system or remove it all together.

Arena caps are a pain and should be removed or set fairly high. When you first start playing AH you want to join a squad. BUT after joining said squad you find that you cant fly with the squad do to the caps. So you get to sit around and wait for an opening OR go to one of the other arena's and get scoffed at by the few who cant handle LARGE engagements. Yeah, i like 1v1 too but an online game is about playing with MANY people not just a handful.

This game has some flaws, WHAT game doesnt? Some people like to play a "Death match" style game while other people enjoy more of a tactical game. Its VERY hard to mix the two, many companies have tried and failed miserably. If you dont like the "Horde" mentality then you honestly need to stop and look what online multiplayer games are about.

Man, its like 4am and i seriously doubt that this post is coherant at all. Shawk has some very good points and any QA person would take note of these and see if there is any merit to them. Is it likely that things will change over night, NO...stuff like this takes time, the game is still adapting to future needs. Those of you that are griping about having millions of bomber perks and nothing to spend them on you now are getting the B-25.

Idea....To help spread the perky love hows about making various plane arrangement cost perks. Want the 30mm for the G-14? gonna need 4 perks. Want to take that 4000 lb bomb on a Lancaster? then you'll need to spend X amount of perks. Same can be said with tanks, boats, fighters, and so on....It's just a suggestion. another option to look at so to speak.

I've played this game for a lonnnngg time. Longer than other shorter than some but I DO have fun reguardless. I think my $$$ is well spent. Ive tried flying IL-2 online and it's geared to more of a death match style game...there are some "missions" but they are short lived. If you think learning to "fly" in AH is hard, try flying in some of the missions in IL-2 Hyper Lobby...NO communications, REALISTIC views from your plane, NO Icons to spot...is very very hard...was fun at first but then just got annoying.

Ok thats for now from me...I g2g sleep
See yall in the air....

P.S. Larry, if you dont have anything constructive to add then why not keep the snide remarks to yourself? Serioulsy, what good did your comment do?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 03:24:45 AM by OntosMk1 »
TIGER, tiger, burning bright  
In the forests of the night,  
What immortal hand or eye  
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 03:20:35 AM »
Originally posted by wetrat
The horde mentality isn't going anywhere; it's part of human nature. Rush hour traffic is a classic example (don't ask me to elaborate; if you don't know, google is key), and what gathers a crowd better than... a crowd?

Yea but if they divided each map into regions and based ENY of each region separately, I think it would go a long way to helping kill the hoardes.

It would never be stopped completely, but would likely cause a lot of guys to decide to go fight in another area of the map if the hoarde caused the ENY to sky rocket in that area of the map.
"strafing"