Author Topic: Peer criticism time.  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Peer criticism time.
« on: June 07, 2007, 10:11:12 PM »
Got a film of oRAZZo (and sincraft got one too) where he was in a P38 and pulling his cable REPEATEDLY any time you tried to fire on him. Only when you got close enough. Happened both for when myself and Sincraft made attacks.

Perhaps the o_____o squad standards are piss poor, or perhaps you need to take this guy aside and say "You're making us look bad, straighten up".

Sometimes calling this crap out helps solve it. Not going to send a film in. Not going to report anything. Just letting you all know so you can call him on his crap when he does it to you.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:16:50 PM »
H4X0R!!!!!

CH43T0R!!!!!

carry on.:aok

Edit: Iv seen alot of "cable pullers" most of them try to blame it on bad/satellite connection. I run on dialup and sometimes get bad connections, I know what they look like, but when someone warps when I get on them, then have the best connection in the world with they get on me, then have a bad connection when I get on them again I call thier BS. Those kind of people are mostly two week squeakers and I dont worry about it, but when someone long term starts the "only warp when you have a shot" I call them out on it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:22:13 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 10:35:47 PM »
Seems like it's become worse in the arenas lately too. Someone did it to me a few times today. Each time this person overshoot, they started warping like crazy until they reappeared smoothly off my side.
-AoM-

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:10:02 PM »
What it probably is -

Once you get to a certain distance you start getting more frequent updates on your FE.
Whats probably happening is that if he has a bad connection some of the more frequent updates are getting lost, resulting in warping.

Once he is outside the distance, updates are less often, so it looks like he is flying smoothly again.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 11:12:31 PM »
I've thought about that, but it's usually still within 1k or so. And most of the time if they're the same distance behind you as they were when they started warping in front of you, they're flying smooth as a kite.
-AoM-

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 11:29:52 PM »
Originally posted by Scotch
I've thought about that, but it's usually still within 1k or so. And most of the time if they're the same distance behind you as they were when they started warping in front of you, they're flying smooth as a kite.

Yep.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 11:46:51 PM »
He did it purposefully. 800 you're fine, 600 he warps, and WHILE he pulls the cable he's pulling and turning, so when he comes back he's in a totally different position. The sad thing is that even when I began PREDICTING his warps and firing into him as he came out of them, he ejected and bailed. I pinged him so I got the kill.

storch

Peer criticism time.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 11:48:33 PM »
there were lots of mini warps in the arenas today folks.  besides the cable pulling myth has been debunked no?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 12:01:33 AM »
Yep, lots of us seeing mini-warps tonite.  I don't buy it that folks are going out of their way to 'yank cables' etc.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
No.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 12:03:49 AM »
Its not a myth
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 12:09:40 AM »
Uh, hell no man. No myth. Only those that haven't seen it done deliberately call it a "myth".

It's a fact. I've got it on film more than once. Hell somebody even made an AH film to rock music that included a clip of a cable pulling warping a6m, some time back.

When you lose connection things go on their current path until the servers says "okay, POOF you're gone" and they go bye bye.

What you see when it's deliberate is far, far different.

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 12:09:51 AM »
Originally posted by storch
there were lots of mini warps in the arenas today folks.  besides the cable pulling myth has been debunked no?

didnt some guy  get PNG'd for posting the advertisment for a switch that would intentional cause warps?  was a long time ago i think.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 12:27:27 AM »
in, baby!

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 12:38:51 AM »
You shot him down, didn't you?

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
Peer criticism time.
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 01:01:19 AM »
found that sometimes when your hitting Alt S you warp, had a good freINd tell me that when he was in a certian squad that, that is what was taught to the members to help in a situation where someone was on your 6.

Dont know the truth of it though, never tried it, but then again SHawk is always useing me for bait, so it doesnt matter :)