Author Topic: Joystick  (Read 290 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Joystick
« on: June 11, 2007, 03:36:58 PM »
Hello!  Oogly49 speaking.  

You may remember me from such posts as "why are birds eating my propeller"  or the most common one "The plane shot my home-work"

But now... I come to you with a question.  

I just got a new joystick earlier today (30 minutes ago actually)  And when I was in the car on the way home.  I was trying to figure out which buttons should do what.

My joystick is a Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO.  It has 12 buttons.  I know that buttons 1 and 2 are deffinately going to be the guns.  Button 3 will be weapon switch.  and buttons 5 and 6 will be raise/lower flaps.  

Button 12 I'm thinking... should be the gears.  

I jus need it set-up so that I can get out of a sticky-situation in a dogfight.  Like...  I don't know how elevator helps (I"m only 12) or aileron.  If you want to have a picture for my joystick... I don't have one.  But I'm gonna' be setting it up.  

I have to practice piano, then go to a piano lesson... but I'll be back to check on the thread.:p ;) :p :D
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
Joystick
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
Not sure what you are asking except maybe what to use the other buttons for?  I would deffinately reccomend mapping both of your vox coms, wep, and check 6.  I had my wingman set up pretty good and even had a buttons left over for screen shots and auto-level if you are so inclined.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Joystick
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:14:05 PM »
agreed... I was also thinking about bomber controls...  Like, the bomb sight and opening the bomb bay.
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
Joystick
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:36:14 PM »
It's all up to you and what fits your style of play.  I give first priority to the things that I need to have instant acces to so I'm not banging on my keybord in the middle of a fight.  Bomber sorties are usually laid back enough that taking a second to poke a key isn't a big deal.  Oh yea, welcom to the game.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Joystick
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 06:41:44 PM »
I've already been playing for 3 months.  I just got a new joystick because my other one was acting wierd.